Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
May 2, 2024 at 12:34 AM Post #6,226 of 6,234
May 2, 2024 at 12:39 AM Post #6,227 of 6,234
I needed that validation for passing on every VC I see🤭
Depends on the amp…VC with my ECP DSHA3F is huge sounding headphone and only reason I have kept it but doesn’t perform that well with my Bliss.

May 2, 2024 at 12:49 AM Post #6,228 of 6,234
No but I like my Rn6 more than my VC 🤭
Rn6 is certainly a more 'fun' listening session than the VC. Different strokes for sure but I still love the VC.

Depends on the amp…VC with my ECP DSHA3F is huge sounding headphone and only reason I have kept it but doesn’t perform that well with my Bliss.
VC is more analytical. Rn6 produces more bass thanks to Kinetic. I won't get rid of my VC, or Rn6, either :)

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #6,229 of 6,234
Not even a knock on the sound. I love to own a VC/VO at one point and I almost pulled the trigger on a Camphor Burl one last year.

But I'm not ready to commit what I'd need for a setup like this given ny sunk cost fallacy for porta-fi.

Rn6 it is

May 2, 2024 at 1:06 AM Post #6,230 of 6,234
Not even a knock on the sound. I love to own a VC/VO at one point and I almost pulled the trigger on a Camphor Burl one last year.

But I'm not ready to commit what I'd need for a setup like this given ny sunk cost fallacy for porta-fi.

Rn6 it is
Caldera Closed coming out soon too. Still on the VC/VO? :) I am hoping to add a CC in Koa Wood one day.

Rn6 still my most fun IEM to date; still semi curious about a custom (would be my first).

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #6,231 of 6,234
Rn6 is certainly a more 'fun' listening session than the VC. Different strokes for sure but I still love the VC.

VC is more analytical. Rn6 produces more bass thanks to Kinetic. I won't get rid of my VC, or Rn6, either :)
100% I use the Rn6 for top tier Hifi listening of all genres. I use the EVO's for EDM, but they're a phenomenal different flavor on other genres too.
I only use the VC for Classical Rock and instrumental music. It just doesn't have the bass to satisfy my hedonistic needs. I would never get rid of my VC's. I waited 2 years to snag one in stabilized green 1 of 1.

It's also more of a pain the butt for the past 7 months to set-up my desk-top set up for the VC's. I'll finally be in my permanent residence in 20 days x'D.

May 2, 2024 at 1:43 AM Post #6,232 of 6,234
I needed that validation for passing on every VC I see🤭
Depending on genres, I would go with an Atrium open. That didn't exist when I lusted after my VC (and had 2 open backs at the time). But I don't regret my VC and would never sell it. I am lucky enough to have both :L3000:

RN6 is way easier to drive and you won't regret that either =D RED MODULE ALL THE WAY!

Last edited:
May 2, 2024 at 2:01 AM Post #6,233 of 6,234
Depending on genres, I would go with an Atrium open. That didn't exist when I lusted after my VC (and had 2 open backs at the time). But I don't regret my VC and would never sell it. I am lucky enough to have both :L3000:

RN6 is way easier to drive and you won't regret that either =D RED MODULE ALL THE WAY!
Agree 100% again :) red module all day. Also lucky to have both, custom ordered my VC in Koa Wood last year... My favorite wood! Zach was great to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back