Finally, the new Sony 64gb A Series in the USA!!!
Jul 14, 2011 at 8:35 PM Post #17 of 64
That is good news, however, will it really be cheaper than ipod touch? And.. will it work with itunes? Checked on their website, they say it should work with itunes, but again this is sony....but the biggest thing is..FLAC.

It's gonna be an interesting comparison with Cowon that can play flac, though of course will have to add a micro sd card.

This is gonna be interesting.

Jul 14, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #18 of 64
I'm just hoping Sony finally does us right w/gapless playback - just having gapless for .WAV sux,...and I personally could care less about lossless. That's just me, YMMV.

Jul 22, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #21 of 64

Quote:
Don't hold your breath.

I never planned on it,...like waiting for responses in threads - they come when they come. 
wink_face.gif

Jul 23, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #23 of 64
Yeah, I saw that on Play too.

Did you check the Technical Specifications? Here they are (based on play):

1. Sony Walkman 16GB Wireless player
  2. Wireless file sharing
  3. Wireless music streaming
  4. FM radio, karaoke
  5. Lyrics & iTunes sync
  6. Aluminium body

So I guess that Bluetooth is integrated (or maybe even Wifi but I really doubt about it...).

Jul 23, 2011 at 7:32 AM Post #24 of 64
Jul 23, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #25 of 64
Well, looks like there will be no X Series successor if this is gonna have all the X Series features. 

Le's wait for higher capacity models and see the pricing.

Jul 23, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #26 of 64
I many industries "X" models are considered eXperimental.  As Sony's first Touchscreen model it seems reasonable that it might be the only one they make with an X designation. If the new A is Touchscreen with most of the X1000's features, then IT is an offspring from the X.

Jul 23, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #27 of 64
This player looks great! I think when this comes out in the US I'll probably get one. Though I don't mind using a Japanese A series now, this new model being in English would be even more handy to use, I just hope it won't be overpriced.

Jul 23, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #28 of 64
This just makes me happy I waited & didn't get the Cowon C2,...Muahahahahahahaha!!! This is heaven for me, and even without gapless (we'll eventually see if they give us what we want) I'll get myself one. USA bound, WooT!!!!! 
beerchug.gif
 Plus in the USA there is no EU volume cap,...sweet!!!

Jul 23, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #29 of 64
That A867 better be good.
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back