Finally!!! NEW Cowon PLayers!!!!
Sep 7, 2008 at 12:21 PM Post #106 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomwom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I'm veerryy tempted also. If the FM tuner is better than the D2 I'm on-board!

Why you go there
wink.gif
? Thats 1 of my peeves w/the D2, radio is CRAP!!!! I'm gonna wait for the 32gb to be released, as I have about 25gb of tunes I usually carry w/me at a time + a few videos. And by that time you guys can let me know the quality of the radio!!!! PLEASE!!!!
popcorn.gif

Sep 7, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #108 of 129
oo ya that sorta does suck but maybe it can be changed with firmware updates?

are we sure it can't?

Sep 9, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #109 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know - it's growing on me - like foot fungus!!!! Sorry for the inconsistencies, but it's like a Touch!!!! A Touch w/great SQ - LOL - minus all the extras!!! W/extras of it's OWN!!!

FWIW, I'm with you on the inconsistency.

At first, I was pretty set on the D2, then I found out about the file limit, and the S9 was announced, and I was definitely getting the S9, then I found out it won't have an SD slot, then I was hoping for the new Zune to be nice, but now I don't think I can handle carrying the brick hdd players, so maybe I'm back to this, but on the other hand, I'm not so sure I would be happy with just 32 gb (I have a huge library.) Maybe I'm all the way back to the D2. Heh, or maybe I'll just wait on a true D2 replacement. Sigh, maybe I should just forget it all together.

Sep 9, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #110 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetAdeline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sigh, maybe I should just forget it all together.

I feel your frustration.

Sep 9, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #111 of 129
Wait a Minute!

You posted the specs on the S9 and it included "20 pin usb".

Could this 20 pin connector contain a line-out?

I don't know how accurate that info is, but a multi-function dock connector on a Cowon means a high chance of a line-out, as evidenced by the Q5 and X5...

We can only hope.

Sep 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM Post #112 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait a Minute!

You posted the specs on the S9 and it included "20 pin usb".

Could this 20 pin connector contain a line-out?

I don't know how accurate that info is, but a multi-function dock connector on a Cowon means a high chance of a line-out, as evidenced by the Q5 and X5...

We can only hope.

You talkin' about S9 > LOD > AMP > HP? Oh SHIZZLE!!!! If thats the case I may still end up with this. I was rock-solid on the Zune 120 w/all those new features this morning!!! DAMN!!! Even more confusion!!!!

Sep 9, 2008 at 9:01 PM Post #114 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wait a sec, propietary connector but no normal miniusb ? im out...

The type of cable used to transfer files shouldn't matter. What if it ends up being the best cowon player to date? You'd be missing out.

Sep 9, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #115 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You talkin' about S9 > LOD > AMP > HP? Oh SHIZZLE!!!! If thats the case I may still end up with this. I was rock-solid on the Zune 120 w/all those new features this morning!!! DAMN!!! Even more confusion!!!!

Hey nywytboy68, you sure you're not a politician running for office?
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #116 of 129
Is it just me, or is Cowon's lineup really cluttered/watered down? It seems like they are trying to create a sub market for a million different daps, I think a consolidation of their line might be beneficial. Or maybe it's just me crying about the o2 getting an sd slot and the s9 not getting one
tongue.gif

Sep 19, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #117 of 129
does anybody know if the S9 is rumoured to be including flac as a supported format?

Sep 19, 2008 at 6:42 AM Post #118 of 129
Sep 19, 2008 at 7:00 AM Post #119 of 129
I want the S9 to be a giant killer. But with only 32 gigs, I don't think it will be. Now wouldn't it be something if this thing had 180 gigs, replacing the now discontinued iPod Classic? I have to say too, the S9 makes the rest of Cowon's product line look prehistoric. I guess you have to start from somewhere. I hope Cowon keeps working with their afterburners on. If they came out with a line as comprehensive as Apple's? Hmmm, my Apple would be poisoned.

Sep 19, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #120 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope Cowon keeps working with their afterburners on. If they came out with a line as comprehensive as Apple's? Hmmm, my Apple would be poisoned.

I don't think any product line, no matter how grand, will phase Apple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back