Finally - New Cavalli Audio Portable Unveiled at the SF HeadFi Meet
Jul 23, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #31 of 101
Aug 23, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #35 of 101
This one is next and very close. I'm pretty stoked about it. But we must get the Carbons into the delivery pipeline first. :)

Aug 25, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #37 of 101
This one is next and very close. I'm pretty stoked about it. But we must get the Carbons into the delivery pipeline first.
smily_headphones1.gif

Can you answer my question about the input please?

Aug 25, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #38 of 101
Probably a long shot but balanced from this thing would be so nice! Either way I think I'd be interested.

Aug 25, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #39 of 101
  Probably a long shot but balanced from this thing would be so nice! Either way I think I'd be interested.

I keep thinking the exact same thing, especially when I see the 2 headphone jacks (just screams balanced). Then I remember 1 jack is for LO gain and the other for HI.......

Aug 26, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #42 of 101

Interesting. Did you mean 3.5mm?

If it is 2.5mm, does that mean we get balanced 2.5mm in/out like the A&K players (don't see many 2.5mm SE anything nowadays)?

Oh. Typo. Meant 3.5mm. The amp is single ended, but I think you will find that it is, nonetheless, a very good amp. At least those who have had a chance to listen seem to feel this way about it.
smile.gif

Sep 22, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #45 of 101
Hey folks, here's the final step. This pre-production unit will be at RMAF. It has the same specs as previously posted. It's length and width are s lightly smaller than my galaxy S5 with cover. Height is about 22mm.

Power switch is on the back in a slight recess. Amp will charge from walwart or USB. Amplifier electronics are identical to previous versions. It sounds spectacular.

Unless there is some unforeseen problem we will start work on the contest after we return from RMAF. PLEASE DON'T POST ANY NAMES.

ATM, given the schedule on the Carbons I think these will begin delivery in early Spring. Not sure when will take pre-orders, but we will set up an interest email so you can let us know that you might want one.

Thanks to soundfreq for the images. He's got this unit now, taking for a test ride.
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back