Finally narrowed my selection to three amps! Lyr,Asgard 2,HA-160D.
Jun 20, 2013 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Rewkie

100+ Head-Fier
I will have LCD2s,M-100s,XB1000s,and D7ks as my main cans. I was told that the lyr was way too much power for the D7ks,but i love the tubes! I love how i can just buy some off weird tubes i've never heard of off of ebay and experience new sound for like $20. But if it wont work for most of the cans i like,i'll get the 160Ds or the Asgard. So it really comes down to three things. 

1:Wether the power will even let me play music through the headphones. 
confused.gif
 (I know the lyr probably wont but i just wanted to make absolute sure,because i love it...)

2:Compatibility. I know the LCD2s and the lyr are amazing together. i haven't done much research on the 160Ds paired with the LCD2s but i hear they pair good too. The asgard and the D7ks supposedly go together well,but i'm not 100% sure about the LCD2s. So which do best with which headphones? The LCD2s are going to be my babys when i get them in a few months,so they are the most important. 

3:BASS. I dont want a bright,loose sound. I want it tight and punchy. I know for a fact the headphones i stated above have that,but i want my amp to improve on that.

Thanks! 
atsmile.gif

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #2 of 7
Maybe you should also consider the SA-31?

I will be able to give more informed comment on this when mine arrives later today....

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #5 of 7
Straight from the horses mouth.

It won't damage the D7000s if used properly, but we wouldn't recommend it for another simple reason: Lyr is a very high-gain amp, intended for inefficient orthodynamics and high-impedance headphones. It'll probably have too much residual noise for the insanely sensitive D7000s. We use Asgard ourselves with our D5000s, and it is a perfect match.

Jason Stoddard
Co-Founder

Jun 20, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #6 of 7
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhahahhahaaa. I was sooooo looking forward to those tubes... I'll still have my byfrost and can upgrade anytime i want though! So i guess i'll just think about it (a LOT) until i've accumulated enough cash for all of it. Thanks! 
atsmile.gif

Jun 20, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #7 of 7
I'm just guessing all the other cans are going to be the same way... (spoke too soon on the last post and need more help... But i'm sure you guys have done that before!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back