finally got my tomahawk today!
Jun 23, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by protomedea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I already told him about imod before.... I think he just wants to ignore it so he won't have to dig deeper into the wallet

right or not bro?
k1000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif

eh..you only told me about the cable but didnt tell me that the whole process modifies the lineout of the ipod!

Jun 23, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #17 of 30
I think iMod is awesome it's realy improve the sound quality. Especialy if it's bundle with tomahawk and ALO cable(WOW). My iMod with ALO Supper Cotton dock cable and XIN SuperMicro IV is realy awesome(10X better than stock ipod). BTW it's need realy good IEMs too like E500 or TF10Pro.

Jun 23, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by surge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BINGO! uncle wilson kept one set w a special serial no he liked and we tested using his set
biggrin.gif

considered it lucky(or unlucky for my walleT). found out about his shop about 3 weeks back.

tested grado MS2 and his shipment of grados arrived 2 days later. i bought.
read about so asked him about tomahawk....the shipment( which he said its almost 6 months wait) arrived 1 week later.....needless to say...i bought.

checked out imod...is it really a big difference? dam....luckily there isnt any test set here...if not will be poison again.

then i again...i have concluded that if you guys say good, it must be good( like the tomahawk)....not gonna waste another 3 hrs testing!

Well...let me try to loosely quantify my personal perceived improvement you would probably get from an iMod. (As I'm sure most other iMod owners will also agree.)

You know the incremental sound improvements that you got when you went from your stock iPod to a TH? Well, having an iMod modification done to an iPod would be the same incremental improvement, if not better, than that--more clarity and an overall clearly discernable improvement in the sound.

This is all, of course, assuming that you have a decent pair of earphones/headphones to be able to hear the differences, or else that should be the bottleneck that you need to address first before an iMod.

Jun 23, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by lithe1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is all, of course, assuming that you have a decent pair of earphones/headphones to be able to hear the differences, or else that should be the bottleneck that you need to address first before an iMod.

What do you think the bottom of the line is for cans that show decent improvement with iMod?

DT770? MS-1? KSC75? All of the above?

Jun 23, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #21 of 30
Exactly!!
I got my ER4S from idealsound a week ago. and SUDDENLY, after plugging it into the tomahawk (TH, qables lod, ZVM), all this detail just came coming after me. literally. now i can only listen to a a dozen of the hundreds of recordings i have, because all those recordings honestly sound:

1. noisy
2. compressed
3. weak in warmth
4. sounds like it was recorded with a mic a mile away.

er4s, tomahawk, qables lod, pure WAVs and 320 lame mp3s.

classical never sounded better! here comes the imod...

Jun 23, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by lithe1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well...let me try to loosely quantify my personal perceived improvement you would probably get from an iMod. (As I'm sure most other iMod owners will also agree.)

You know the incremental sound improvements that you got when you went from your stock iPod to a TH? Well, having an iMod modification done to an iPod would be the same incremental improvement, if not better, than that--more clarity and an overall clearly discernable improvement in the sound.

well...for me

source- ipod 80Gb . all songs ripped at lossless
amp- tomahawk, both home and portable
headphone- at home-MS2, out-super5pro

getting an imod would mean changing the source right?

Jun 23, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by protomedea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bwahahaha....luckily i don't have ipod. would've gone for imod + super cotton or the limited edition gold dock and wonder why i spent so much (again) ...
icon10.gif

feel sad for you...dunno what you are missing my fren!
evil_smiley.gif
hahaha...so did you go jabens today?

Jun 23, 2007 at 11:59 AM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you think the bottom of the line is for cans that show decent improvement with iMod?

DT770? MS-1? KSC75? All of the above?

I'm not sure that I am qualified to answer your question since the only headphones that I have personally tried are the E500's and the HD650, which both clearly show improvements when I listen to my iMod.

Personally, I think that as long as you're still not using the stock iPod earbuds (or equivalent) then there should be noticeable changes.

Jun 23, 2007 at 12:06 PM Post #26 of 30
Quote:

well...for me

source- ipod 80Gb . all songs ripped at lossless
amp- tomahawk, both home and portable
headphone- at home-MS2, out-super5pro

getting an imod would mean changing the source right?

What do you mean by "changing the source"?

Jun 23, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #28 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluey_02 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey surge, is the shop you went in that audio and home theatre shopping centre? If so, that's the same one I bought my SR80s from two and a half years ago.

the adelphi....did you get your grados from 2nd floor? think its music by design. they sell home theatre stuf and grados...i go mine from 4 floor jabens...he don sell home theatre stuff.

Jun 23, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

changing the ipod to an iMOD?

Well, yeah, that's the whole point of getting an iMod.

Vinnie takes your existing iPod, works his magic, and then "Presto!" you get a much better sounding source than a stock iPod--with the caveat being that it is better if you run it through an amp and that you utilize decent 'phones.

Check out Red Wine Audio's website if you want a better description of what sort of "voodoo" Vinnie performs to make everything sound so nice...

Jun 24, 2007 at 10:04 AM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

the adelphi....did you get your grados from 2nd floor? think its music by design. they sell home theatre stuf and grados...i go mine from 4 floor jabens...he don sell home theatre stuff.

Yeah, Music By Design is the place I got my Grados. Best things I've ever bought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back