finally got my tomahawk today!
Jun 22, 2007 at 3:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

surge

100+ Head-Fier
yesterday i was at my regular audio shop testing out the tomahawk(TH) w my fren. i was testing it against the amp i already have which is XM4( w AD8620). after testing many songs back to back, i could not justify buying another amp. so when home without buying the TH.(spent like 2-3hrs just testing amps)

the today...i decided to just get it despite my findings yesterday.

then on my way home, i was listening to ipod w the TH and the difference was so obvious suddenly!

my conclusion: its a waste of time to listen to an amp comparing songs back to back to here the differences...waste 3 hrs of my life yesterday testing it...TH is definitely better than the XM4( then again it costs twice as much).

bottom line is i now a happy owner of a tomahawk!
k1000smile.gif

and still keeping xm4 as its decent amp and it is my 1st amp!

Jun 22, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #3 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What did you hear that caused the epiphany that you couldn't hear A/Bing the amps before?

there is this chinese unplugged song that i always listen to-one guitarist and a singer. before he sings, there is a part where he was turning some pages. they he spoke to the guitarist before singing.

i have always heard the part he flipped some papers...then talk to the guitarist.....now i can hear him starting to flip the papers and WAS STILL flipping some pages while talking to e guitarist! 1st time i heard it thought i have benn listening to this many times...,this is just one very clear eg.....mean the flipping doesnt affect te overall song but like other songs too... i get the eh....didnt hear this before feeling....

Jun 22, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #4 of 30
You think that's amazing, just wait till you hear an iMod with the TH.

(Sorry, I had to say it, but it's true!)

Jun 22, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by lithe1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You think that's amazing, just wait till you hear an iMod with the TH.

(Sorry, I had to say it, but it's true!)

pardon me..whats an imod? portable? i am looking more for portable stuff cos travelling times are the only times that i can really just sit down to enjoy music...

Jun 22, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #8 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by epaludo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
icon10.gif

You probably just killed his wallet ...

EDIT: it's so sad. He cames so happy about his new buy, the tomahawk and then BUMMMMM ... the Imod will start annoying him ...

LOL! Well, he's going to find out about it sooner or later anyway...

Jun 22, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #9 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by TonePusher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL! Well, he's going to find out about it sooner or later anyway...

I already told him about imod before.... I think he just wants to ignore it so he won't have to dig deeper into the wallet

right or not bro?
k1000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif

Jun 22, 2007 at 7:16 PM Post #10 of 30
say what? the tomahawk was at an audio shop?
i thought they were direct from ray only?

Jun 22, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
say what? the tomahawk was at an audio shop?
i thought they were direct from ray only?

Yeah -- tell us why it was in a shop!

Jun 22, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #13 of 30
maybe its in singapore at unc jaben's shop?

Jun 23, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #14 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by kamal007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maybe its in singapore at unc jaben's shop?

BINGO! uncle wilson kept one set w a special serial no he liked and we tested using his set
biggrin.gif

considered it lucky(or unlucky for my walleT). found out about his shop about 3 weeks back.

tested grado MS2 and his shipment of grados arrived 2 days later. i bought.
read about so asked him about tomahawk....the shipment( which he said its almost 6 months wait) arrived 1 week later.....needless to say...i bought.

checked out imod...is it really a big difference? dam....luckily there isnt any test set here...if not will be poison again.

then i again...i have concluded that if you guys say good, it must be good( like the tomahawk)....not gonna waste another 3 hrs testing!

Jun 23, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by epaludo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
icon10.gif

You probably just killed his wallet ...

EDIT: it's so sad. He cames so happy about his new buy, the tomahawk and then BUMMMMM ... the Imod will start annoying him ...

haha... you guys are real poison ...but funny
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back