Finally got my new ear molds for ER-4s
Apr 13, 2005 at 6:48 AM Post #16 of 20
I wonder if you have any electronics stores that are more specialty/DIY oriented than RadioShack? I've got Norvac Electronics in Salem, Oregon. Only thing is, they don't carry certain parts, like the big red resistor dealies in the JMT amp of mine. I also don't know if they deal in higher quality versions of their resistor/capacitor selection.

Ya know, if you have any other cans, try out your adaptor on them and see what you think. I want to try that with my Grado's as well.
etysmile.gif
Abe

Apr 14, 2005 at 4:20 AM Post #17 of 20
I'm waiting for a replacement cable for my HD-497's, so I'm going to try the converter with those. I did try with my PortaPros, but the ohmage is so high on those that it doesn't help much, at least with my Karma. Haven't tried with the computer yet though, I'll let you know.

Apr 14, 2005 at 8:46 AM Post #18 of 20
What about your CMOY in your profile? That should definitely drive them well-my JMT amp can only go to halway before it's simply too loud to listen to. If i get the chance, I'd like to test some HD600/650's on it and see how that would be, with a Clou or Cardas cable upgrade.

etysmile.gif
Abe

Apr 15, 2005 at 4:09 PM Post #19 of 20
I'd be very interested in being part of the buy-in for a P->S DIY cable! I just ordered a pair (of P's), and do have a cmoy comming as well, so i'd love to have a cable like that to get all i can out of them.

Also, do you have pics of your molds? I didn't see them in the link on the original post. I've been wanting to get a pair of molds for occasional use while riding my motorcycle (low volume, long stretches of empty road...) and most headphones get pulled out of my ears when i put my helmet on. These would be great to seal out the external noise (wind trashes the sound of most phones i've tried) and keep a nice relaxing tune in my head
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back