Finally... Audiophile DVD-A for Porcupine Tree "The Incident"
Feb 17, 2010 at 8:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 85

IPodPJ

MOT: Bellatone Audio
Caution: Incomplete customer orders
Burning Shed is taking preorders now for the release in March.
I'm glad this is finally coming out, because the CD and DVD audio that came with the deluxe set had horrible sound quality.

Not a bad price either, only $13.65.

Porcupine Tree

I'll use DVD-A Explorer to extract the PCM audio data.

large1625.jpg

"Audiophile 5.1 surround sound version of PT’s acclaimed The Incident, which was voted 'album of 2009' in several end of year critic and listener polls.

This edition features the 5.1 mix of the album in advanced resolution/MLP lossless 5.1 surround, DTS 5.1 digital surround sound, and 24 bit stereo, and also includes the videos for Time Flies and Octane Twisted, a 30 second TV spot, and a photo gallery set to exclusive instrumental mixes of Black Dahlia and Flicker."

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #4 of 85
The Dire Straits remasters are already out if I'm not mistaken. The originals sound so good, I really wonder how good these new remasters would sound.

Feb 17, 2010 at 11:57 AM Post #5 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaizada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Dire Straits remasters are already out if I'm not mistaken. The originals sound so good, I really wonder how good these new remasters would sound.

The remasters are well...remasters.
frown.gif

The originals do sound so good. SO damn good.
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2010 at 12:24 PM Post #7 of 85
Quote:

Communique is soon to be released on 180 gram vinyl.

http://www.amazon.com/Communiqu%C3%8...409631&sr=1-23

Feb 17, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #8 of 85
Quote:

There you go again! Being a "d*ck"
smily_headphones1.gif
LOL

That guy was weird!

Nothing in the audiophile world or for that matter...the music world...surprises me anymore.
redface.gif
People hate you because you charge too much. People hate you because you charge too little. People hate you for not divulging trade secrets. People hate you for offering advice. The professionals hate you because your great, the amateurs hate you because your great. Yet other professionals hate you because your bad and other amateurs hate you because they don't understand what you're doing.

Seriously...you're damned if you do and your damned if you don't. I used to post on a lot forums. Now I stick to only 2 and you know which ones they are because you're on those too.

Anyway....the originals are fantastic. Full dynamics, great EQ...what's not to like? The remasters are LOUD. The vinyl isn't that great either. For the money and sound quality - the originals are the ones to get.

EDIT: And as for Porcupine Tree "The Incident" - well - the original is just LOUD and improperly EQ'd. It's not half as bad other modern day releases. Porcupine Tree's albums could be soooo much more if they were properly mastered. I really dig the style.

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #10 of 85
I haven't heard this album yet, but I got into the band thanks to all of you here at Head-Fi. How does The Incident stack up to Stupid Dream and In Absentia, in terms of how awesome the music is?

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #11 of 85
To me The Incident has taken a lot longer to grow on me than some of the other albums. Deadwing is probably my favorite album. It took me probably 5-10 listens over a few weeks to really get into Deadwing and In Absentia. I'm not there yet with the Incident but I'm trying to give it some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back