Finally a Beyerdynamic Dealer in Canada!
Apr 5, 2008 at 7:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

mikeg88

Head-Fier
As of Tuesday, April 8th, Long & McQuade Inc. will officially become a Beyerdynamic dealer - for the first time in a long while in Canada. (Canadians rejoice!).
They so far only stock the 990 and some lower models, but I talked to some staff and they're optimistic about being able to order most of the headphone line in if need be.
All locations have their first shipments on the way, or are already shelved.
Official release on Tuesday.

Happy Listening!

Apr 5, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #4 of 14
About time...
tongue.gif

Apr 5, 2008 at 1:20 PM Post #5 of 14
yeah id worry about the pricing. long and mcquade are usually not money mongers but...

i remember when peter from jens mentioned the canadian dealer for d-jays and q-jays. in the us, they were 99$ and in canada before 14% tax, they were 139$. the difference in the dollar at the time was 10%. essentially, the difference was about 40% price and we are just over the border.

let's hope that beyer dealers are not going to charge canadian prices, but i don't think that we can really be optimistic about this. either way, paying import and shipping from germany for my beyers is probably not much different than buying in canada - way too much but so much less worry involved - and waiting. i would love to go and demo the new 770 which just look a little more dramatic.

Apr 5, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #6 of 14
Haha yeah Australian wholesalers definitely believe in the concept of "Australian pricing".

Our local headphone hero Marcus has managed to get K701 for AUD$399 delivered, which is just amazing.

Sometimes it takes a bit of pushing and shoving but prices can be brought down...

Apr 5, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #7 of 14
With the way the dollar's looking now I doubt you guys have much to worry about... =(

Apr 5, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #8 of 14
actually with the usd as it is now, the discrepency betwen cdn prices and us prices will be much much worse. for instance the last instance of the 99$ d-jays are 139$ cdn with a 1% difference in usd and cdn. so the price us for those new d-jays is: 156 USD whereas before it would be about 145 usd.

it is much worse now for us when considering international pricing - but buying things in ones own country with ones own currency makes no difference if you earn that currency, but now it is by far cheaper to import phones from usa for instance, pay usd and import and tax and even shippers ridiculous price - you will probably still save 10$ cdn on the d-jays for instance. with large phones with large price, if the cdn prices are nicely upped 50%, then basically there is no reason to not buy from the states - making it silly to have a canadian supplier in the first place.

Apr 5, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

actually with the usd as it is now, the discrepency betwen cdn prices and us prices will be much much worse. for instance the last instance of the 99$ d-jays are 139$ cdn with a 1% difference in usd and cdn. so the price us for those new d-jays is: 156 USD whereas before it would be about 145 usd.

it is much worse now for us when considering international pricing - but buying things in ones own country with ones own currency makes no difference if you earn that currency, but now it is by far cheaper to import phones from usa for instance, pay usd and import and tax and even shippers ridiculous price - you will probably still save 10$ cdn on the d-jays for instance. with large phones with large price, if the cdn prices are nicely upped 50%, then basically there is no reason to not buy from the states - making it silly to have a canadian supplier in the first place.

keep in mind there's always pesky shipping complications and customs charging you extra, if the price difference isn't that exaggerated then I wouldn't mind buying from a Canadian supplier for the convenience.

Apr 5, 2008 at 5:20 PM Post #10 of 14
Most of the Long & McQuade's I've been to have decent headphones, not top-of the line, but probably better for studio recordings. However, was I ever surprised to see a pair of AKG K701's hanging off the wall! I want to buy them, but they apparently don't know how to price them (I think it was around $450)! >: (

Apr 5, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #11 of 14
I don't know if this helps, but musiciansfriend.com ships to Canada, and they stock Beyerdynamics and a lot of other headphones. You can get some pretty good deals there sometimes.

Apr 5, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #12 of 14
What? I know Steve's Music Store and Planet of Sound (in Ottawa) have carried Beyer's line for a while.

Apr 6, 2008 at 6:33 AM Post #13 of 14
Wow I did not know that. Thanks for that tip. Surprised that I did not find that out in my arduous search.
Perhaps they can ship to me!

...sucks that we westcoast people are so disconnected from the east.
(we just can't see past those darn rockies!)

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:49 AM Post #14 of 14
Hey, thanks for this thread.

I would not have known that BD's were available at L&M otherwise.

And I wouldn't have gone and picked up these FANTASTIC DT 770 Pros today!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back