Final SONOROUS III
Nov 29, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #31 of 162
Really quiet around here... not a love for these despite the raving reviews.
Has anyone had a chance to compare these to the TH-X00 directly? I like the X00's but find the bass can be a little bloomy and inaccurate and mids a tad too recessed. I'd like to find a closed full size that does a little better job in detail and accuracy that still carries good extension and presence in bass, just a little more evenly across the board in opposed to being right up front. Current owners feel this describes the ?

Genres will range across the board from EDM and Hip-Hop to Alt Rock (most of my library), acoustic and others.
Chain is 4490 Bifrost>Garage Polaris (doubt they'd pair well with my Valhalla)

Any input would be great.

Nov 29, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #32 of 162
FAD has always been somewhat off the radar, the III seems more so than others.
I posted the link to my review above.
I haven't heard the TH-X00, but if you want tighter bass, the III has nice, tight bass (though may not be of a level to appeal to bassheads).

Really quiet around here... not a love for these despite the raving reviews.
Has anyone had a chance to compare these to the TH-X00 directly? I like the X00's but find the bass can be a little bloomy and inaccurate and mids a tad too recessed. I'd like to find a closed full size that does a little better job in detail and accuracy that still carries good extension and presence in bass, just a little more evenly across the board in opposed to being right up front. Current owners feel this describes the ?

Genres will range across the board from EDM and Hip-Hop to Alt Rock (most of my library), acoustic and others.
Chain is 4490 Bifrost>Garage Polaris (doubt they'd pair well with my Valhalla)

Any input would be great.

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #34 of 162
Have you compared III with VI?
I've Hifiman HE-400s, Sennheiser HD-800 and Philips Fidelio L2 and i'm loocking for an Headphone more opend than Fidelio L2 but easy to drive like it.
I watch Final Sonorous products III, IV and IV but i don't know how is better, i love opened sound, airy like HD800 but with more body and bass  

Dec 28, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #35 of 162
I've had the III and VI (own the VI, had the III for review, sent back already).
here is my review of the III
(spoiler-the VI is better, but the III is very good at the price).

http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-review/fad-sonorous-iii/

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #36 of 162
@doctorjazz thank you very much, i'd buy the VI , i've read that someone has prefered IV because VI was too bright...
I'd like airy and bright sound but rich in the mid and with good bass extension, i've thought the VI could agree "my sound" :)

Jan 2, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #38 of 162
Both of course! :wink:

Jan 5, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #39 of 162
Both of course!
wink.gif

I don't like too much bass from this headache.

Jan 27, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #40 of 162
Has anyone done any pad rolling with these? Curious on how something like the Brainwaz angled pads effect the sound sig. Enjoy the signature with the stock pads, but wouldnt mind a tad more room for my ears inside than what the stock pads provide.

Feb 5, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #42 of 162
Hey at the moment i am having the SE425 from Shure and tried some other headphones in the low class area. I heard also a bit the MX50 from Audio Technica and want to ask now which one would consider as better if you want to have a nice listening experience. The Sonorus III or the IV.

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #43 of 162
So apparently I won a pair Sonorous III's at CanJam NYC! Anything I should know about them?

Feb 9, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #44 of 162
So apparently I won a pair Sonorous III's at CanJam NYC! Anything I should know about them?

Yeah, they are very good sounding, congratulations!

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #45 of 162
Ya I'm really not sure why they don't get more attention here on head-fi. They've won plenty of praise elsewhere, and can be had for a pretty reasonable price these days. I've been through a couple closed headphones looking for an all rounder when open cans wouldn't do and the search stopped with these. 

Despite how easy they are to drive and how good they sound without an amp, with an amp sounds better.
If you have some comfort issues with the pads, do a little pad rolling before you give up on these. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back