Final SONOROUS III
Mar 11, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #62 of 162
No argument, @gosod, FAD over ears are all very bulky. But, they can be used outside, easy to drive, if you don't mind looking somewhat dorky...

Mar 11, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #64 of 162
I returned the Sonorous 3 (was a review sample), out right now walking my dog, listening to Pandora VI out of a Pono, sounds fine (and keeping my ears warm).

Mar 15, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #66 of 162
http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-review/fad-sonorous-iii/

(it's rignt in my post above)

Mar 22, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #69 of 162
The people at the FAD booth at CanJam said it's a good idea with the Sonorous headphones, but I can't remember how long. I don't usually burn in any of my headphones so unfortunately I can't really advise past that. If you find anything out though please report back.

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #70 of 162
Just won a pair of these from CanJam Singapore myself! Now after going through the posts, I'm definitely considering getting a DAC/amp or an Amp to get these going, but nothing too expensive, of course. Any recommendations?

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #71 of 162
Since they are so easy to drive they don't need a super strong amp, but a DAC is always nice. I use mine with a Fulla 2 and it sounds great. I also had a Dragonfly Red for a bit which they also sounded amazing with.

Apr 1, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #74 of 162
Just had my Sonorous IIIs arrive, and after an hour of listening, here are some initial impressions.

Comfort is fantastic. The earcups could be bigger/deeper, as they don't go fully over my ears unlike my MSR7, but that's okay, as for something advertised at 410g, it's very easy to wear for extended periods. Grippage is very light too, but sufficient to get a good seal.

The cable is easily one of the best I've ever touched, so smooth and rubbery yet nothing too heavy, it inspires confidence in the user that it'll last for a long time.

Onto the sound, first thing thay catches my attention is how open and airy these cans feel for a closed back. The openness sounds close to that of the HD598/599, decently wide and with sufficient depth, but nothing on the level of the HD600 and up. On certain studio or live recordings, I can place instruments and fairly accurately, and it does so consistently.

Next, the overall signature comes to me as a neutral/mid-biased to slightly warm. Vocals are the main focus here, sounding very clear yet with some distance from the listener. Bass is quite light, but has good quality. Definitely could be punchier for my tastes. Treble extends very well, but is quite laid back. Detail retrieval in the upper mids and treble is stellar.

Overall quite an interesting pair of headphones, one that is good for the likes of soul music/jazz/acoustic music, something to kickback and relax to. Have yet to try my whole library so it'll be a while before I do have further impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back