Final JH3A revision Impressions
Sep 29, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #241 of 254
Few months ago I hesitated for a long time between getting the JH3A + JH16 but finally went for Heir 4.A + CLAS and Amp.
Am happy with my choice now and I sincerely hope you guys will get a decent support or refund as you claim.

Sep 30, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #242 of 254
I have the same problems but I think it's worth it since the amp makes a huge difference sound vise compared to just using the JH16A with adapter out of any other amp. The sound with the 3A amp is the best I've heard from a CIEM ( I only have SE 5-way to compare with) but I use only TWag cables, that is for SE 5-way as well. But the 5-way is much better than the JH16 with out amp on adapter (It is the non FreaqPhase version). That is how good the amp is IMO. 

Further the volume works great with analog signal in, and then it is needed to go a long swing. But for digital in it is extremely sensitive and can only be used up to 3o'clock (I use coax with CLAS).

But for GG, it should definitely be no hiss. My amp is as black as can be!

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #243 of 254
I thought I was the only one who had that experience with Angie.  Her tone was downright condescending.    I've been dealing with Jaime since 2009, and when I get in contact with her things usually work out well though even if the rest of JH's CS chain is pretty terrible.

Thank goodness I didn't get in on the trainwreck that has been (and appears still is to a degree) the JH3A.  Went JH13 originally, got a new JH13FP, and am happy with both.

Sep 30, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #247 of 254
For long term listening and enjoyment over a wide variety of genres, the FP gets the edge despite my distaste for the company's current state.  UERM excels when I want to analyze a track and break down individual singers and musicians in a mix.  They complement each other very well, and I don't particularly find myself wanting any other CIEMs on the market at the moment.

Sep 30, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #248 of 254
I just place an order few day ago, hope JH resolve the problem mentioned above, is all the unit affected?

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #249 of 254
For the pop, it's not normal. This isn't a pop. It's a large blast of bass that hurts my ears.

I'm using DHC's best occ silver coax cable with furutech bnc to trrs from the audiophilleo1 and furutech gt3 usb cable. Basically really high end stuff.

As a live sound engineer I have never ran across an amp that didn't pop speakers when turning off and on.
At the price point it would be nice if it had some soft start feature but it seems like the list of issues are more design flaws than actual problems with the unit.

Dec 29, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #250 of 254
As a live sound engineer I have never ran across an amp that didn't pop speakers when turning off and on.
At the price point it would be nice if it had some soft start feature but it seems like the list of issues are more design flaws than actual problems with the unit.

I can differentiate between pop and a loud thud that is even audible when the monitors are placed on the table.

Mar 4, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #251 of 254
I am looking to sell my Moon-Audio JH3A cable for the JH16.  If anyone is interested please PM me.

Jun 8, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #254 of 254

Users who are viewing this thread

Back