FINAL IMPRESSIONS: HORNET AFTER 500 HOURS
Feb 14, 2007 at 10:36 PM Post #31 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=xx-large]DO IT![/size]

I will call Ray now what color you want?

I want one too!!! Todd...are you buying?
biggrin.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #32 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want one too!!! Todd...are you buying?
biggrin.gif

I would suggest a group buy but they fly off the shelves already so Ray could sell them for more if he wanted.

He is a fair guy and it really is a fair price in this marketplace.

Did you read my sig!!!!

Head-fi has already made me BROKE!

"My ears are happy my wallet is empty!!!"

OK go ahead someone can steal it my sig is long enough!

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #33 of 159
Quote:

You need a line outdock to really make the hornet shine. Think of it you are amplifiying the good and bad of the IPOD amp.

It helps to turn the volume control on the IPOD to about 70% this way there is less distortion entered in the signal but Line out Dock is the way to go.

www.audiolineout.com is my suggestion!

I've been using the iPod lineout long before I got the Hornet... and the ALO cryo came in about a week thereafter. Still listening @ 9:00 on low.

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #34 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So once again, (my hearing is pretty good, btw).. Should the volume set at 12:00, with HIGH gain selected using Senn's blow my eardrums out?? At that volume it's very tolerable and sounds good... but I want to be sure I'm getting the same results with that setup as everyone else with Senns. I've had a couple of other people say that the volume at 12 with high gain should be extremely loud... (???).. I hope there isn't something with this batch of hornets. Also, I discovered that the volume adjustment on my mp3s, in iTunes, was set to 50%, I've since set them all to 100% (and updated the iPod) and the volume is still comfortable at 11 with high gain... is it also because the HD580s are 300 ohm phones???

CORRECTION: I just noticed that at 11 or 10 its LOUD! 9 or even 8 is fine right now.... It wasn't like that the other day, break in?? Or maybe I'm just insane!

Funny your ears will play tricks on you if you listen for a while your volume can creep up like in your car and you start it the next day and [size=large]WOW![/size]

Then is seems fine lower the next day. Mayve some break in but with HD600's on HIgh gain I like it arounf 12:00. Ray checks every amp before it goes out the door. I doubt there is any issue with the amp.

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #35 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been using the iPod lineout long before I got the Hornet... and the ALO cryo came in about a week thereafter. Still listening @ 9:00 on low.

Maybe I misunderstood sorry.

I thought you said you were adjust the volume control on the IPOD which does nothing for line out.

9:00 sounds right for most I find myself at 12:00 with UE-10's which by comparison is considered loud. to each the own.

Feb 14, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #36 of 159
Quote:

Maybe I misunderstood sorry.

I thought you said you were adjust the volume control on the IPOD which does nothing for line out.

9:00 sounds right for most I find myself at 12:00 with UE-10's which by comparison is considered loud. to each the own.

Dang. I hardly get past 8:00 with iPod --> ALO CopperDock --> Hornet M --> E500s. You guys DO listen loud.
basshead.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 11:00 PM Post #37 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
damn, this thread is making want to order a hornet...

Tell me about it. I'm still standing strong though. I really should at least wait until my HD 580s get in. Besides that, it would be a serious cart before the horse to get the amp without the iems or cans to listen with ... not that it doesn't happen round here.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 14, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #38 of 159
I listen loud... about 8-9 o'clock on low gain with ES2 and somewhere between 12-2 (depending on the music) with the PS-1 on high gain.

Feb 14, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #39 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by pretzelb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tell me about it. I'm still standing strong though. I really should at least wait until my HD 580s get in. Besides that, it would be a serious cart before the horse to get the amp without the iems or cans to listen with ... not that it doesn't happen round here.
rolleyes.gif

[size=xx-large]HORNET[/size]............[size=large]HORNET[/size]................[size=small]HORNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/size]
[size=large]you will order a Hornet now!!!!!!!!![/size]

Feb 14, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #40 of 159
Quote:

[size=xx-large]HORNET[/size]............[size=large]HORNET[/size]................[size=small]HORNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/size]
[size=large]you will order a Hornet now!!!!!!!!![/size]

And you will buy me one also!!! Red!!
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #41 of 159
HUH??? Clarify please. Someone somewhere told me to turn the Ipod volume all the way up, loud as it can go, and adjust the volume on the amp. Now, you are recommending the Ipod volume at about 70%??? OK will try tht too, altho I don't seem tothink I'm getting any distortion with it all the way up.

Mine's red. Love it. Blends well with my Ipod's Vaja case and the twisted copper wire of the ALO Jenacryo dock

Feb 15, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #42 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HUH??? Clarify please. Someone somewhere told me to turn the Ipod volume all the way up, loud as it can go, and adjust the volume on the amp. Now, you are recommending the Ipod volume at about 70%??? OK will try tht too, altho I don't seem tothink I'm getting any distortion with it all the way up.

Mine's red. Love it. Blends well with my Ipod's Vaja case and the twisted copper wire of the ALO Jenacryo dock

Take a pic dude, that combination sounds awesome! I might have to send Ray 45 bucks for a red case!

Feb 15, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #43 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by Displayman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats....I too have the bithead and also now the Hornet and I love it and I am about 250 hours into the burn in process and it sounds better today then when it came out of the box and it sounded incredible when I first listened but it sounds better today. I also invested in a Jumbo Cryo Dock from ALO together with my Shure E5c's and my 60Gig I-Pod its a fabulous portable music system. Looking for advice on a carry bag for these....any suggestions would be terrific.....Good Luck

Since the E5c has an impedence of 110 ohms (unusual for IEMs), what gain setting do you use on your hornet?

Feb 15, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #44 of 159
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Get a line out...seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back