Final Audio Earphones
Oct 1, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #3 of 24
no, was wondering if anyone else had. im not very good at describing sound but i will bring my amp to the store next time.

Oct 1, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #4 of 24
They look like they'd stick out quite a bit. Not sure I understand the title of your thread. Are you looking for them to be your final iems or is that what they're called?

Oct 13, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #8 of 24
I tried one of the mid-entry IEMs, not sure of the model name but its pretty compact bud in gold colour with flat back. Not really my cup of tea for that over sibilant-sparkle especially in the treble side. But it does seriously surprises me on how they were easily driven on my cowon J3, a volume of 25 for them on my J3 is equal to e-Q7's 32~35, And with the only 1 amp i attempted to try with it which is the ordnance, it just seems to increase the Hiss and the sibilances rather than the volume. But their smoothness is remarkable, If they could get even better up their price line-up, looks like MDs will have a fierce competitor for the 'top tier league for smoothness iem'

Oct 13, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #11 of 24
Had a brief listen to the Heaven S model (gooes for AUD499 here in Sydney). Listening to Los Lobos "Burn it Down" from Tin Can Trust through an ipod lossless to a TTVJ portable amp, I thought that the bass ( an acoustic bass) was more articulate and with more body than my orto e-q7s, mid-range was fine and treble just a touch splashy. Body is heavier than the e-q7s and may pose some seal issues for some ears, though you could try over the ears to provide some strain relief. There appears to be a bass reflex port at the rear of the body so there may be some isolation issues (couldn't take it outside for a listen). Overall if I hadn't bought the e-q7s earlier this year I'd consider these for my short list, though as commute phones I'd really want to try that isolation in the field...

regards,

Giles

Oct 17, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #13 of 24
And yes the one i complained about its sibilances in comparison to e-Q7 was this one

http://bluetin.com/catalog/inearphones_iem_earcanal_final-audio-design-heaven-s-fi-ba-sb-earphones.html?osCsid=d1d6f3f245c921e9846e3260bf1515c9

Looks really nice with its beat's iem style flat cable in indigo colour with its gold colour 'FA Silver bullet iem' shape earbud though

Oct 17, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #14 of 24
^ I have this one (the Heaven S) and you're right the treble is rather hot and prone to sibilance with stock tips. That's why I switched to Sony Hybrids that do a good job of calming down the highs and bringing out a tad more bass without loosing detail.

IMO these are serious competitors to the e-Q7, with easier fit and a very similar but slightly more engaging sound signature. On the other hand the Ortofons have better isolation and are a bit more transparent to my ears.

Oct 17, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #15 of 24
Yup, the heaven S really fits in easily, but not by a wide margin than the e-q7, and heaven s is easier to drive, at the same volume setting for my cowon j3, heaven s directly swept the audition pair of e-q7 off the floor, not that i compared it with my actual own subsequent pair of e-q7 though but doubt its much of a diff result LOL, Heaven S is also one of the few that i find it capable of loud music under little volume from the player, which makes it one of its key strongpoints

Users who are viewing this thread

Back