Final Audio Design Announces Piano Forte VIII ($940), IX ($1180), X-CC ($2650), & X-G
Apr 14, 2011 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Austin Morrow

Headphoneus Supremus
Wow, amazing!

http://www.final-audio-design-e.com/products/piano-forte-x-viii-series-earphones/

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #2 of 40
That's absolutely ridiculous lol. Over $2,500 for some universals... this made my day lol. I thought this was like the April Fools joke again
popcorn.gif

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #3 of 40
It is ridiculous.......can't wait to test them out! :)

Apr 14, 2011 at 8:19 PM Post #5 of 40
Wait... these don't use silicone or foam tips? You just stick the metal in your ear? That's what I understand from that at least, seems pretty uncomfortable.
A $2500 dynamic universal is a bit... completely insane.
Also, for that price, I'd think you'd get some sort of strain relief.

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #7 of 40
Looks like FAD took Sleek Audio's April Fool's joke seriously, just joking, they do look awesome tho, did they come up with some new technology this time?

Yep, read this:

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #9 of 40
I really hope this company goes out of business...

Why? I am really enjoying the Heaven Series (review coming tomorrow), it's just that a lot of their products are way too overpriced!

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #10 of 40

Quote:
Quote:

Why? I am really enjoying the Heaven Series (review coming tomorrow), it's just that a lot of their products are way too overpriced!

I second that, Why do you want them to go out business, I actually like FAD. It is nice to have some unique and creative company in the market doing something different (this could include pricing lol), and I've never heard their earphones so I can't comment, but I like their confidence and creativity in their products, may not be the best sounding earphones on the market, but they certainly gave it a try.

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #11 of 40
I second that, Why do you want them to go out business, I actually like FAD. It is nice to have some unique and creative company in the market doing something different (this could include pricing lol), and I've never heard their earphones so I can't comment, but I like their confidence and creativity in their products, may not be the best sounding earphones on the market, but they certainly gave it a try.

They are definitely not the best. I have heard better for a little bit less. However, if you want absolutely phenomenal soundstage that can easily hold it's ground against even the most expensive open head cans, you will be in for a rich treat. I really can't wait to test out the Piano Forte VIII though, I'll email and ask if they comes with ear tips, but it doesn't look like they do.

Apr 15, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #12 of 40

Quote:
Quote:

They are definitely not the best. I have heard better for a little bit less. However, if you want absolutely phenomenal soundstage that can easily hold it's ground against even the most expensive open head cans, you will be in for a rich treat. I really can't wait to test out the Piano Forte VIII though, I'll email and ask if they comes with ear tips, but it doesn't look like they do.

Can I take it as you bought a pair of piano forte VII and will be reviewing it soon? Sounds awesome, I'd love to hear your impressions on them, when you said their soundstage can match to the most expensive open cans, which models were you referring to, does that come from your experience as well?

Apr 15, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #13 of 40

Quote:
Can I take it as you bought a pair of piano forte VII and will be reviewing it soon? Sounds awesome, I'd love to hear your impressions on them, when you said their soundstage can match to the most expensive open cans, which models were you referring to, does that come from your experience as well?

No, Final Audio Design sends out samples to me for review. Anyway, the Heaven Series has amazing sound stage, which I will be reviewing today!

Apr 15, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #15 of 40
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed and looking forward to your review. Btw. I consider the FI-BA-A1 pretty good bang for buck.

Quote:
Anyway, the Heaven Series has amazing sound stage, which I will be reviewing today!

To my ears the FI-BA-xx soundstage is above average, but there are better ones out there. FX700, EX1000 and FAD's own 1601 to name a few..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back