Final Audio Adagio ii vs Klipsch S4 - Reviews
May 21, 2012 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

stevegoh85

New Head-Fier
I owned a Klipsch S4 for 3 months time, it sounded all good until yesterday, my girl promised to buy me one more earphone as our anniversary gift. We went to the headphone store where I bought my S4, Jaben Network.  For practical issues I still vote for another pair of IEM, even I have one S4 at home. I do not wish to burn my girl’s pocket, I told the man there I need another pair of iem under RM300 (~$100) price range and I love my S4 extremely, I doubt to have any comparable with my S4, good bass, good treble, and I love how it sound on my favorite kpop. He hand me several iem from Korea, Sweden and Russia, and the sound is not what I love, I still find my S4 sounded the best among all. Suddenly I was asked how I love my S4, i answered and passed for the last option as he mentioned, Final Audio Design Adagio II. I do not know the brands and I was told the brand make the most expensive earphone in the world, yes no harm trying.

Once I plug it into my ears, I was like, “****”, something is wrong, my head start swinging with the music, it sounded so nice, strong bass impact, very involved treble, and it make my kpop sounded live, the live experiences that I could not get on my S4, the vocal sounded much smoother, and natural. I started to find S4 is blur, bass are strong but no impact, I must admit I really feel like buying on the spot, but I should be testing more music, instead of just Fantastic Baby – Big Band, I choose the Severly from FT Island, the background instrument sounded so much realistic from the ADAGIO 2, it really make my beloved S4 sounded bad, I started felt S4 sounded too thin on my liking, this ADAGIO 2 make me feel live, much more impact on background instrument, not to mentioned the vocal are smoother, and more natural.

The main issues are price now, how much does it cost? I was told the price and it is cheaper than my S4, I must admit I do not try on my last purchases, I trusted all the reviews online, S4 is rated so well with CNET Editor Choices. I was then told this is the entry level products that just launched by Final Audio Design, their entry level product used to cost RM1200 (~$300-$400), now Final Audio Design makes their product even more affordable for consumer. I am so impressed by this brand, I am basically settled with this model and I was looking forwards to try the higher range one. The sales person pass the Heaven S  to me, oh ****, I dare not try it for more than 5 minutes, it sounded more details, much more musical to me, I shall not describe it here, let me erase it from my memory. I am then settled with Adagio 2, when we made the payment, I was offered with top up to get the specials for Hippo Pipe Amp, since it is still affordable to me, must well I take it for fun.

Once I go back, I plug in the adagio 2 with the pipe amp, oh ****….i am laughing till now, satisfied purchased 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 24, 2012 at 8:29 AM Post #6 of 29
I like the Black colour also, but it is a bit too normal, maybe the indigo colour is more special?
But certainly I feel it looks better than Klispch S4 no matter what colour XD

I love K-pop also, maybe I should give it a try next time! 
Wondering, would the Hippo Pipe amp improve a lot on the sounding on FAD Adagio 2?

May 25, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #7 of 29
personally i got 1 for my brother, tried them in a headphone store, despite the price it is really a good bargain, if you prefer good bass, this definitely is a good. Besides, i like the sleeky feeling on the housing.

May 27, 2012 at 10:03 AM Post #14 of 29
I like the Black colour also, but it is a bit too normal, maybe the indigo colour is more special?
But certainly I feel it looks better than Klispch S4 no matter what colour XD

I love K-pop also, maybe I should give it a try next time! 
Wondering, would the Hippo Pipe amp improve a lot on the sounding on FAD Adagio 2?

Yes, I didn't mentioned much about Hippo Pipe Amp I thought of make this review clean from any misunderstanding.

hippo pipe push its mid and low to be even more obvious. I seen some reviews complaining S4 or Adagio2 are V Shape Presentations. Pipe Amp make it less V but much more balanced 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back