Final A8000 Beryllium Diaphragm Dynamic IEM Comments and Impressions
Aug 10, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #511 of 817
Is there anyone who replaced the protective mesh in the nozzle opening?
In the manual they say you should do with tweezers iirc.

Aug 10, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #512 of 817
Some more thoughts (for those considering the A8K)

SPC is not necessarily a death knoll in terms of the treble.

The A8K's treble is very well tuned in terms of treble and tweaking it would most likely take away the special sauce.

For me at least, the wire guage of the cable is the biggest issue in how the treble comes across.

I have relatively high treble tolerance and the stock SPC comes across as the most balanced sound. With the entry level Astral Acoustics White (which is 24.5 AWG), there's too much body across the spectrum and the treble sparkle is too much even for me.
Indeed the SPC is amazing match, so far the only cable that able to enhance A8k is Plato. The highs is actually extended and smooth out touch partly due to non litz. However there is slight change in the transparency and the stage is wider then SPC

A fine point tweezer will do.
image.jpg

Aug 10, 2021 at 7:47 PM Post #513 of 817

Besides tweezers, you can also use a needle to take out the mesh. The adhesive is not that strong.

Aug 10, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #515 of 817
Indeed the SPC is amazing match, so far the only cable that able to enhance A8k is Plato. The highs is actually extended and smooth out touch partly due to non litz. However there is slight change in the transparency and the stage is wider then SPC
Eric recommend the Socrates, I think mostly as he wasn't sure of my treble tolerance.

This probably means getting one later down the line as my audio savings are depleted atm.

Aug 10, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #516 of 817
Do you first push the Needle trhough the mesh and then pull the mesh out?

yes, but you don’t need to push the needle that far into the mesh. Also, I should have mentioned before that you should do it at an angle so you don’t accidentally push the mesh into the casing.

Aug 10, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #517 of 817
Eric recommend the Socrates, I think mostly as he wasn't sure of my treble tolerance.

This probably means getting one later down the line as my audio savings are depleted atm.

You and me both regarding any audio monies. 😬 I went way overboard the past year with 20K in purchases. 😒

Aug 10, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #518 of 817

I was suppose to go for Socrates as well but at that time Eric and @Kiats recommended Plato.
Though I must say Plato add a layer of shine to Female vocal that is missing from SPC. If copper cable Sony Kimble is good as well, however with DX300 Amp12 it dulls abit and vocal push too far back to my liking.

Same here, good think i do find my combination now hits the sweetspot

Aug 10, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #519 of 817
You and me both regarding any audio monies. 😬 I went way overboard the past year with 20K in purchases. 😒
I've probably blew about 45K over the last 4 years. A third of that has been the last year too. While my savings can afford me to grab some all the summit stuff and still be rather well off, I don't want to enable myself that much.

Also, angry glares from the wife.
I was suppose to go for Socrates as well but at that time Eric and @Kiats recommended Plato.
Though I must say Plato add a layer of shine to Female vocal that is missing from SPC. If copper cable Sony Kimble is good as well, however with DX300 Amp12 it dulls abit and vocal push too far back to my liking.

Same here, good think i do find my combination now hits the sweetspot
For me I think a pure copper or a hybrid with pure copper might be too far out of my taste regarding the treble. While the Kimber is an excellent cable despite the cheap looking y-split, the 60s is my benchmark for pure copper still.

Thanks for the Plato impressions, while I do like my female vocals, I also need a balance with male vocals and a lot of the time it ends up top heavy tweaking signatures like that.

Will probably try to get one used to try it out.

Aug 10, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #520 of 817
I've probably blew about 45K over the last 4 years. A third of that has been the last year too. While my savings can afford me to grab some all the summit stuff and still be rather well off, I don't want to enable myself that much.

Also, angry glares from the wife.

For me I think a pure copper or a hybrid with pure copper might be too far out of my taste regarding the treble. While the Kimber is an excellent cable despite the cheap looking y-split, the 60s is my benchmark for pure copper still.

Thanks for the Plato impressions, while I do like my female vocals, I also need a balance with male vocals and a lot of the time it ends up top heavy tweaking signatures like that.

Will probably try to get one used to try it out.
20 and 45k…. Shiiiiiii

I only spend like 10k over last 2years.

Plato do render the male voice nicely though very little to non of the male vocal I listen have a deep voice. I would say Jacky Cheung voice render beautifully. From quick ref to SPC is touch deeper male low end but if you are happy with how SPC render male vocal it wont affect much on Plato end

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #521 of 817
Get my A8000 today, absolutely love it. However, I found the original Final E tips is a bit too bassy for me. Is there any other tips you guys tried to tame down the bass and treble peak a bit? I tried Symbio W hybrid tip, it do help with the bass. But the mid is a bit recessed which is not so good. Or there is other method? Also saw one can layer extra dust filters to help with it, or directly EQ 8k and 6k?

I do like the airness of this set, which hit my spot. But too much is kinda problematic. I did a PEQ: 8K, -2db, Q=2.

Aug 30, 2021 at 1:01 PM Post #522 of 817
Get my A8000 today, absolutely love it. However, I found the original Final E tips is a bit too bassy for me. Is there any other tips you guys tried to tame down the bass and treble peak a bit? I tried Symbio W hybrid tip, it do help with the bass. But the mid is a bit recessed which is not so good. Or there is other method? Also saw one can layer extra dust filters to help with it, or directly EQ 8k and 6k?

I do like the airness of this set, which hit my spot. But too much is kinda problematic. I did a PEQ: 8K, -2db, Q=2.

final recommends 150 hours of aging before the A8000 fully settles in, so you may find the bass to tighten up as well as the trebles to smooth out compared to out of the box listening.

Congrats on your acquisition, I love my A8000!

Aug 30, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #523 of 817
final recommends 150 hours of aging before the A8000 fully settles in, so you may find the bass to tighten up as well as the trebles to smooth out compared to out of the box listening.

Congrats on your acquisition, I love my A8000!
Alright, l will see. A8k is such a fantastic set for classical. Absolutely amazing. Tried U12T a few weeks ago, and sold it. DD is for classical

Aug 30, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #524 of 817

Instead of their dust filters try out the Tanchjim iem filters. It helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back