Filters on Er4S.
Apr 14, 2009 at 10:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Guest5

100+ Head-Fier
How often is required to change the green filters inside? I know it may sound stupid to ask such question, but I'm concerned about the sound quality. I' have not changed the green filter for 2 years, they're clean and I thought there is no need to exchange them to new ones. Unfortunately if I get them out I'll brake them and I have only one pair left. Is there real reson to change them outside of being dirty?

ALso... I wanted to ask.. is there a way to make from ER4S-> ER4P, I know there is a cable for the P to S, I'm asking about a conversion from S to P.

Apr 14, 2009 at 11:17 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there real reson to change them outside of being dirty?

No, none really.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ALso... I wanted to ask.. is there a way to make from ER4S-> ER4P, I know there is a cable for the P to S, I'm asking about a conversion from S to P.

You will have to replace the whole cable.

Apr 14, 2009 at 11:29 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #4 of 5
I change mine out every four to six months or so (depending on usage). I've found that the sound degradation can be gradual with dirty filters and so I just have a schedule to replace them. Unfortunately, you have to destroy the filter to see if it is clogged up, so there's no real good way to tell if they are dirty or not.

Apr 14, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #5 of 5
I just changed mine for the first time after maybe about 2 years of usage. I don't believe they were dirty, but just felt that my spring cleaning should also apply to my audio gear.

Based on the cleanliness of my tri-flanges, it would seem that I don't really produce any earwax since I never see any on the tips. I still wash them regularly anyway in keeping with good hygiene practices
smily_headphones1.gif
. After all this time, I am only on my second pair of tips. The originals would still be good but they won't stay on the drivers anymore since they've loosened up with age and removal/replacement for cleaning many times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back