FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"!
Apr 24, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #602 of 903
Got my q1 today. I bought a usb-c to micro usb cable but the only one i could find right away was 2 metres (about 6-7 feet) long. So i cut it to about 30 centimeters (1 foot) and re-soldered it.
Plugged it in to my nexus 6p and it worked straight away. Didn't have to do anything. Every sound my phone produces comes through the usb connection. I can use tidal, google music, youtube...
I stuck it to a cheap clear case with velcro. This thing works great! :thumbsup:

6d4935efff9e8be46fe241277ccef2b2.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

That's nice but why invert it? I assume to get the port at bottom?

Now I just moved on to E18 to drive sz2k.

Apr 24, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #603 of 903
Yes, this way i can reach the volume knob while it's in my pocket and the usb cable takes up less space in my pocket too. Also the headphone jack comes out of the top too, since i'm used to putting my phone upside down in my pocket. And on top of that, everything stays clear of the finger print reader. So this way was just most convenient for me.
How is the E18 compared to q1?

Apr 24, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #604 of 903
Yes, this way i can reach the volume knob while it's in my pocket and the usb cable takes up less space in my pocket too. Also the headphone jack comes out of the top too, since i'm used to putting my phone upside down in my pocket. And on top of that, everything stays clear of the finger print reader. So this way was just most convenient for me.
How is the E18 compared to q1?

I may have to the same thing...it's really hard to use the volume knob with the way I have it now. 

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #605 of 903
That's nice but why invert it? I assume to get the port at bottom?

Now I just moved on to E18 to drive sz2k.

having Q1 sits side by side with KunLun, it looks tiny.

BTW, can anyone confirm whether if Q1 is connected to PC as a DAC, and its recharging function are on, Is the battery really are bypassed when the charge is finished?

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:31 PM Post #606 of 903
having Q1 sits side by side with KunLun, it looks tiny.

BTW, can anyone confirm whether if Q1 is connected to PC as a DAC, and its recharging function are on, Is the battery really are bypassed when the charge is finished?

It's literally younger brother. Half the power, battery capacity, size and price.

Secondly, Over charging protection circuit's job is the cut off the current supply on complete charge, and I am pretty sure there's a parallel connection to the battery when it's connected to a power source.

Apr 28, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #607 of 903
Go this one a few months ago and it's really good.  As an amp for my iPod, I would say it does a nice job.  The accessories are great also, allowing to fix it nicely to the device.

But I really like the DAC feature now... wow.  I plug this with my  Asus laptop and just wow.  Really nice sound improvement overall for the price.

Apr 29, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #608 of 903
Q1 is something for 1st listen, i like it a bit more than my M3, purely due to it's more neutral sound signature. Haven't tried any demanding Headphone that ask it to go beyond its limit yet.

Apr 29, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #609 of 903
Would the external dac sound the same whatever device I use it to? e.g android smartphone and laptop.

I use both my android phone and laptop for listening, my android phone sounds better than my laptop by default but if I use Q1's dac on both of them, will there be any difference in SQ?

Apr 29, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #611 of 903
Ah I see that's good to know! I just thought that my phone will still sound superior but turns out that they both or any device I use the external dac with will all sound the same. Thank you for clarifying it with me.

May 6, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #613 of 903
Got my q1 today. I bought a usb-c to micro usb cable but the only one i could find right away was 2 metres (about 6-7 feet) long. So i cut it to about 30 centimeters (1 foot) and re-soldered it.
Plugged it in to my nexus 6p and it worked straight away. Didn't have to do anything. Every sound my phone produces comes through the usb connection. I can use tidal, google music, youtube...
I stuck it to a cheap clear case with velcro. This thing works great! :thumbsup:

6d4935efff9e8be46fe241277ccef2b2.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Wow man almost similar set up to mind down to the skin haha.
I used this micro usb OTG that Twister had linked http://www.ebay.com/itm/301669713346?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT and hooked that to a USB C Otg adapter

May 6, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #614 of 903
Haha :smiley: the resemblance is striking :smile: i tried using a usb-c adapter too at first. But it would loose connection if it moved. Really annoying. So i bought a micro usb to usb-c cable and shortened it. Works great.

May 8, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #615 of 903
Hello :)
Started using Q1 as an external DAC for my laptop, paired with Monster DNA Pro 2.0 headphones, enjoying it so far!
Tested it with my Nexus 5 and everything seems to be working fine system - wide, including streaming services (Spotify).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back