FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"!
Nov 8, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #736 of 903
The X3ii has a better amp and it's integrated in the device. You will not improve anything by stacking the Q1. However, improvement is subjective. You might actually change the sound signature, or call it EQ the sound if you wish, hence you might find the Q1 moves the SQ more towards your taste. Unfortunately for you, we can't tell you in advance if you will like it. It is up to you to test and decide with your ears.

Nov 9, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #737 of 903
I have issue with dac. I own a OnePlus 3 and the fiio q1. I bought from ebay USB-C to micro USB cable so I'm good from cables. Tried the USB check tool and all good. When I try to play something. The audio app gets really laggy and the only thing that I hear is a little buzz every 2 secs. Any ideas?
*CHG is on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #742 of 903
I have questions too.
I will buy X1 + Q1 soon. I'm planning to stack them for portable use (well I sometimes use over-ears outside and there are strong IEMs like Havi B3 Pro I you know) And I'm planning to use Q1 with my computer.
Firstly, is it too hard to use them portable and on low gain setting is it disturbing to use with IEMs? On some previous posts here people said that it isn't but should ask.
Secondly, there is not any problem with headphone>Q1>computer right? Because I saw some charge compliments before.

Nov 11, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #743 of 903
I have questions too.
I will buy X1 + Q1 soon. I'm planning to stack them for portable use (well I sometimes use over-ears outside and there are strong IEMs like Havi B3 Pro I you know) And I'm planning to use Q1 with my computer.
Firstly, is it too hard to use them portable and on low gain setting is it disturbing to use with IEMs? On some previous posts here people said that it isn't but should ask.
Secondly, there is not any problem with headphone>Q1>computer right? Because I saw some charge compliments before.

I have used the Q1 with my Westone UM Pro 20's many times.

Works fine with computer. I'm using it from computer > Schiit Vali amp for now until I can get the funds for a Modi Multibit.

Nov 12, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #744 of 903
I'm using the Q1 with some sensitive iems in low-gain to reduce noise from the line out of an ipod 5.5g. It works.
I also use is as a DAC for my notebook either for driving full size HP or to use sensitive iems on the go.

I was trying to use a topping NX2 for the same reasons but failed because it's too noisy. Had to return in back.

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #745 of 903
Is everyone here getting the advertised 30 hours of battery life from the Q1? I'm asking because recently I've been getting a lot less than 30 hours, maybe not even half. I don't use Q1 much but lately when I do I notice the sound would buzz/cut out intermittently which usually means the unit will turn off soon after that. This has happened twice. I use the Q1 with my phone with CHG set to OFF.

Nov 16, 2016 at 4:59 AM Post #746 of 903
  Is everyone here getting the advertised 30 hours of battery life from the Q1? I'm asking because recently I've been getting a lot less than 30 hours, maybe not even half. I don't use Q1 much but lately when I do I notice the sound would buzz/cut out intermittently which usually means the unit will turn off soon after that. This has happened twice. I use the Q1 with my phone with CHG set to OFF.

Hi, fonkepala
Please try to fully charge your Q1 and test the battery life again. Generally, it can work above 30h using 32Ω headphone in reasonable volume. Could you tell us how you collect it with your phone? Via USB port or headphone port? Did it works normally before?

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 16, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #747 of 903
  Hi, fonkepala
Please try to fully charge your Q1 and test the battery life again. Generally, it can work above 30h using 32Ω headphone in reasonable volume. Could you tell us how you collect it with your phone? Via USB port or headphone port? Did it works normally before?

Thanks for your response. Perhaps I should've elaborated more on my previous post. Yes, I always charge my Q1 fully using wall plug 1.0A adapter before using. I've been using my Q1 mostly with IEM's, and so impedance during usage will be around 64 ohms max. I use my Q1 with my phone as a DAC+amp, so I use the micro usb port of the Q1 with a male micro usb to male micro usb cable. I'm using low gain with around 6 or maximum 7 on the volume pot. Bass boost OFF, CHG is also OFF.

My unit is quite new, and I've been using it sparingly. I bought it about 2-3 months ago.

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #748 of 903

Thanks for your response. Perhaps I should've elaborated more on my previous post. Yes, I always charge my Q1 fully using wall plug 1.0A adapter before using. I've been using my Q1 mostly with IEM's, and so impedance during usage will be around 64 ohms max. I use my Q1 with my phone as a DAC+amp, so I use the micro usb port of the Q1 with a male micro usb to male micro usb cable. I'm using low gain with around 6 or maximum 7 on the volume pot. Bass boost OFF, CHG is also OFF.

My unit is quite new, and I've been using it sparingly. I bought it about 2-3 months ago.

Hi, fonkepala
If after fully charged (the LED indicator will turn green), your Q1 can only work normally for a short time, it may be abnormal. So could you please have a test of your Q1 first? How long can your Q1 work after fully charged? If your Q1 still works for below 15hs after fully charged, please sent an email to support@fiio.net attached the receipt/invoice of your Q1. Sorry for bringing inconvenience to you.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 17, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #749 of 903
I have questions too.

I had no issues with portability and I have the x1 with the q1 and I used it for workouts on the odd occasion (i just wedge it between my body and my track pants with an elastic band, the rubber bands with the q1 keep it from sliding around) If I wanted a bit of an audio treat while im weightlifting at the gym i stack it with the q1, majority of the time though at the gym i use it without but if i can use it for workouts than I'm sure portability is not a huge issue. I have since bought an X3ii but i decided to use the x1 for mainly workouts and the x3ii any other time so i wont wear out the headphone jack on the x3ii since i workout 6 days a week plus the times at night and what not i would be using it.

Majority of the time however i have the q1 plugged into my pc and into an o2 amp with my sennhesier 598's...not because the 598's need an amp but i like to own nice stuff i guess lol. the q1 sounds great btw...very crystal clear. Whether or not i hear a difference with the q1 vs o2 amping the headphones is hard to tell, i would have to do a side by side comparison with the 598's and takstar pro 80s. 

if i were to compare the x1 +q1 to the x3ii...i would still rank the x3ii higher in sound quality by a small margin...so if you are concerned about portability for the best sound quality i would just get the x3ii. If i were to reverse time when i purchased the x1 and q1 i would have just bought the x3ii, but now its nice to have a cheaper dedicated player just for the gym.

sorry, i realize i may have not directly answered your question but I'm hoping my experience can help you somewhat.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #750 of 903
  I had no issues with portability and I have the x1 with the q1 and I used it for workouts on the odd occasion (i just wedge it between my body and my track pants with an elastic band, the rubber bands with the q1 keep it from sliding around) If I wanted a bit of an audio treat while im weightlifting at the gym i stack it with the q1, majority of the time though at the gym i use it without but if i can use it for workouts than I'm sure portability is not a huge issue. I have since bought an X3ii but i decided to use the x1 for mainly workouts and the x3ii any other time so i wont wear out the headphone jack on the x3ii since i workout 6 days a week plus the times at night and what not i would be using it.

Majority of the time however i have the q1 plugged into my pc and into an o2 amp with my sennhesier 598's...not because the 598's need an amp but i like to own nice stuff i guess lol. the q1 sounds great btw...very crystal clear. Whether or not i hear a difference with the q1 vs o2 amping the headphones is hard to tell, i would have to do a side by side comparison with the 598's and takstar pro 80s. 

if i were to compare the x1 +q1 to the x3ii...i would still rank the x3ii higher in sound quality by a small margin...so if you are concerned about portability for the best sound quality i would just get the x3ii. If i were to reverse time when i purchased the x1 and q1 i would have just bought the x3ii, but now its nice to have a cheaper dedicated player just for the gym.

sorry, i realize i may have not directly answered your question but I'm hoping my experience can help you somewhat.

Forgot about the iems....have not noticed any issues with the q1 with my current IEMS and they all sound great.

MEE A151P
1MORE Dual Hybrid
Polk Audio Nue Voe.

I have a few other pairs aswell not worth mentioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back