FiiO's new Q1 portable DAC-amp: Let's drink to "Happy Listening"!
Sep 14, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #16 of 903

@twister6: Ooh, a new, tiny IC, too
blink.gif

Does the silicone pad have adhesive, btw?

Would I be correct in assuming bass boost is fairly substantial and focused on sub + mid bass given the other similarities to E11k?

Well, by looking at the diagram in the product specifications page, it would look like it is:

Too funny, I just replied that to my ears the boost doesn't sound like low-shelving filter, which is what this graph represents.  I only tested bass boost with EL-8C and DN2kJ, don't need it with any of my other headphones, and to my ears bass boost is more focused with not as much of "infinite" sub-bass boost :wink:

Btw, in my previous post, I meant to say that bass boost adds body to a sound, while the neutral-warmish signature of the amp is what makes a sound smoother.

Sep 14, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #17 of 903
Here you go, Q1 review is up: http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-q1-portable-headphone-amp-dac/reviews/14011

Sep 15, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #18 of 903
Thanks twister6!

Hmm, i wonder if we'll get the chance to buy that tiny interconnect as a separate product, like the other fiio interconnects, or if it is an accessory only boundled with the Q1

Also, no OTG cable, uh? Looks like it's about time for fiio to release some quality OTG cable in the likes of the L16 and L17!

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #20 of 903
Thanks @twister6!

Hmm, i wonder if we'll get the chance to buy that tiny interconnect as a separate product, like the other fiio interconnects, or if it is an accessory only boundled with the Q1

Also, no OTG cable, uh? Looks like it's about time for fiio to release some quality OTG cable in the likes of the L16 and L17!

Agree, they should sell these interconnect cables as accessories, like in a pack of 5 :wink:

OTG cable is not included because this functionality is not officially supported with native android apps and you will need HibyMusic or Onky or UAPP apps to support it.  The cable I used in my review is under $6 on eBay, search for micro-usb to micro-usb OTG cable :wink:

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #21 of 903

Agree, they should sell these interconnect cables as accessories, like in a pack of 5 :wink:

OTG cable is not included because this functionality is not officially supported with native android apps and you will need HibyMusic or Onky or UAPP apps to support it.  The cable I used in my review is under $6 on eBay, search for micro-usb to micro-usb OTG cable :wink:

Yeah, i know. I was mostly hinting at @FiiO about the OTG cable, that would be a neat add to their interconnects line up.

Sep 15, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #22 of 903
How does it compare to Audioquest DragonFly v1.2?
No I have a chunky cable interconnect to supply external power bank to DragonFly and be connected through CCK to iPod Touch 5G.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Sep 15, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #23 of 903
How does it compare to Audioquest DragonFly v1.2?
No I have a chunky cable interconnect to supply external power bank to DragonFly and be connected through CCK to iPod Touch 5G.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Not sure why you need to use otg hub with an external power bank for DF1.2, maybe it's a limitation of iPod Touch not being able to provide enough power?  I use it directly with OTG adapter connected to my Note 4, but native apps don't support DF, the same way how it is with Q1 so I have to use either UAPP, or Hiby, or Onkyo apps.

Regarding sound quality comparison, DF1.2 is warmer and smoother while Q1 is more transparent and detailed.  Q1 also has more power 190 mW vs 125 mW (DF), and you get a gain switch, bass boost, and built in battery.  In comparison DF is smaller, but it also more expensive.

Sep 15, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #25 of 903
If i'm not mistaken, it should be on sale starting from late november/early december.

Sep 15, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #26 of 903
  If i'm not mistaken, it should be on sale starting from late november/early december.

Can I ask where you got this information? I was really hoping to get it sooner; I need an amp by the end of the month, so I'll get the E11k if it's not out by then.

Sep 15, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #27 of 903
  Can I ask where you got this information? I was really hoping to get it sooner; I need an amp by the end of the month, so I'll get the E11k if it's not out by then.

Uhm, just disregard my previous post, it was actually the M3 due to release in december. Can't find any info about Q1's release date :frowning2:

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #28 of 903

Users who are viewing this thread

Back