FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 22, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #17,056 of 18,020
Mar 23, 2017 at 2:44 AM Post #17,059 of 18,020
I use Harman Kardon Soundsticks III, they sound quite nice. Look gorgeous too.

Mar 23, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #17,060 of 18,020
Clear database and rescan. (If you haven't yet)

I did, 3.1.8 FW still has problems with "é", ñ", "í"...

Mar 23, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #17,061 of 18,020

I did, 3.1.8 FW still has problems with "é", ñ", "í"...

it also depends on the letter after those characters.
which are they?

i'm now checking all my tracks, and a track called
Dögun makes from ög the character 鰃
Ekki Múkk -> úk -> (can't find the character it shows)
Fljótavík -> ót AND ík -> 2 chinese characters i can not find online
Heysátan -> át -> can no longer be bothered to look up the character.
Hoppípolla -> íp
Ég Anda -> Ég
Rembihnútur -> út
Svo Hljótt -> ót
Varúð -> úð  this one is extra special, it shows a box. it can't actually show a character.

I wonder what FiiO does to have so much trouble getting it right. do they not use UTF-8 (or UTF-16)?
Never seen this in other software.

Mar 23, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #17,062 of 18,020

it also depends on the letter after those characters.
which are they?

i'm now checking all my tracks, and a track called
Dögun makes from ög the character 鰃
Ekki Múkk -> úk -> (can't find the character it shows)
Fljótavík -> ót AND ík -> 2 chinese characters i can not find online
Heysátan -> át -> can no longer be bothered to look up the character.
Hoppípolla -> íp
Ég Anda -> Ég
Rembihnútur -> út
Svo Hljótt -> ót
Varúð -> úð  this one is extra special, it shows a box. it can't actually show a character.

I wonder what FiiO does to have so much trouble getting it right. do they not use UTF-8 (or UTF-16)?
Never seen this in other software.

ía, és, ña, ñu and possibly others. 

I don't understand it as even the file explorer on the Fiio X7 show the names properly.

Mar 23, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #17,063 of 18,020

ía, és, ña, ñu and possibly others. 

I don't understand it as even the file explorer on the Fiio X7 show the names properly.

the file explorer is 3rd party.
but so is about every music playing app and they do it right.

Mar 23, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #17,064 of 18,020
  Can a DAC improve the sound coming from speakers for a computer. They are not expensive ones. But sometime when I am working on the computer I enjoy listening to music without a headphone. What DAC would you recommend.

Quote:

If you don't have good monitors (speakers) you would be wasting your money on an external DAC.  If you do have revealing monitors the SMSL M8 is a great sounding DAC.  It will even playback DSD and has adjustable filters.  It also uses the ESS9018.

I think that SMSL M9 or SMSL A6 are best options with best DAC's.

For speakers you will find in this page, a lot of best options from diferent prices in the range 140$-400.000$ if you order by price ascendent. This page is in Spanish but you can translate with Chrome or Google translation. Note that the value of the Euro is very similar to the value of the dolar:

Column Speakers:
http://www.studio-22.com/_altavoces_columna.htm

Monitor Speakers:
http://www.studio-22.com/_altavoces_monitor.htm

P.D. I do not work on that web page company and i can't have any relationship with this company.

Mar 23, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #17,066 of 18,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesFiiO

AM6 is a 4 channel headphone amp module ( 4 amp for L treble , L bass, R treble, R bass ), and we are working with DUNU and it will sold with a speciail DN4001

When AM6 with the earphones DN4001 will be released?

Mar 23, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #17,067 of 18,020
  Dear WriterHead,

Would you mind providing the whole word to us?

Best regards

from top to bottom: 

"alegrías"

"caña"

"Pañuelo" - "bulerías"

Mar 23, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #17,068 of 18,020

I think that SMSL M9 or SMSL A6 are best options with best DAC's.

For speakers you will find in this page, a lot of best options from diferent prices in the range 140$-400.000$ if you order by price ascendent. This page is in Spanish but you can translate with Chrome or Google translation. Note that the value of the Euro is very similar to the value of the dolar:

Column Speakers:
http://www.studio-22.com/_altavoces_columna.htm

Monitor Speakers:
http://www.studio-22.com/_altavoces_monitor.htm

P.D. I do not work on that web page company and i can't have any relationship with this company.

SMSL M9 and SMSL A6 are more then just a DAC.  they both have amps and the dark sounding AK4452.  The M8 sounds much better and has the same decoder chip as the X7 which I prefer.  We did a blind listening test with many DAC'S including the ones you mention and ones costing thousands of dollars.  The M8 won hands down using the minimum phase filter.  This was done in my studio using very high end gear so it was easy to hear the difference.  The M8 can be purchased for under $200 which proves price doesn't always play a part in the SQ.  Have you ever heard the M8?

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #17,069 of 18,020

I have JBL LSR305's and use them daily in my office. Very nice, powered, near-field monitors for $149 each.

These are hard to beat for the price.  They are a little large for computer speakers and do have a little hiss when idol setting close to them. 

Mar 23, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #17,070 of 18,020

SMSL M9 and SMSL A6 are more then just a DAC.  they both have amps and the dark sounding AK4452.  The M8 sounds much better and has the same decoder chip as the X7 which I prefer.  We did a blind listening test with many DAC'S including the ones you mention and ones costing thousands of dollars.  The M8 won hands down using the minimum phase filter.  This was done in my studio using very high end gear so it was easy to hear the difference.  The M8 can be purchased for under $200 which proves price doesn't always play a part in the SQ.  Have you ever heard the M8?

I don't hear any SMSL device. I think that M9 and M6 are probably best only reading specs for those devices. I also think that the two AK4452 (the same in Astell & Kern?) are best than the ESS. I see M9 for less than 400$ and A6 for less than 450$. But, unfortunately, i have no option and money to try a lot of devices :frowning2:.

Interesting and great that the M8, also cheaper, sound best than expensive devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back