FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Mar 4, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #16,846 of 18,020
Wating for the scanning fix and international characters correct displaying.

Sugestions:
  1. Allow various artists, genres, etc. in a TAG separated by semicolon.
  2. Allow lyrics from TAGS: LYRICS and UNSYNCKED_LYRICS.
  3. More use of ID3 TAGS: Track Number, Disc Number, Artist, Composer, Year, Ratings.
  4. Allow library to search, order and select by ratings.
  5. Allow Fonts size selection for Fiio Music App. Some people has eye visibility problems.
  6. Allow landscape mode. Like other Android players.
  7. Allow to Queue a song to be the next to play when the actual playing song finished.

Make the FiiO Player the best Android Player in the world that actually not exist. Sometimes in the past like iRiver H-100 Series and Rockbox.

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #16,847 of 18,020
@Fiio has there been a fix yet for the player freezing when the screen goes to sleep?
I wanted to check before going through the process of updating and cleaning memory again.
I also still cannot connect to the Rm1 remote anymore and this is on 3.1.5

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #16,848 of 18,020
@Fiio has there been a fix yet for the player freezing when the screen goes to sleep?
I wanted to check before going through the process of updating and cleaning memory again.
I also still cannot connect to the Rm1 remote anymore and this is on 3.1.5

i too have the RM1 connection not working!

can not confirm the other issue sadly/luckily

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #16,849 of 18,020
@FiiO @FiiO Devin 

BUG's and Suggestions

. When the button play/pause is used with the Screen off, sometimes the music is played but with no sound at all.

. When I use the play/pause button and press Itajubá again to play the music, it has some music distortion and some agressive clippings. Something like a fade out (for pause) and fade in (for play) or something like it will reduze the problem and will be very interesting.

. Using the Play/Pause button, sometimes the music jumps some seconds after the button use.

. Characters problems when the music or artist use letters like 'ç', 'ã', 'á', 'é', 'ê', 'í' on their names

When the 'Search' function is selected the X7 freezes for some seconds and gets slow and take a long time to start the Search screen. After that, the selection of each letter is very slow too. The selected letters get some time to start appear at the text box. Is not fluid like the rest of the Fiio app music.

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #16,851 of 18,020
I honestly can't wrap my head around the fact that FIIO can't fix these issues with DLNA.  FW 2.0 would at least play the flac files (in A-B order) without crashing. FW 3.17 can't even play 2 songs in a row. That is if you can even get it to play at all.  SAD!

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:34 AM Post #16,852 of 18,020
  I honestly can't wrap my head around the fact that FIIO can't fix these issues with DLNA.  FW 2.0 would at least play the flac files (in A-B order) without crashing. FW 3.17 can't even play 2 songs in a row. That is if you can even get it to play at all.  SAD!

Why not use another app in the meantime? Sony, Neutron and Hiby are some with DLNA functionality IIRC.

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #16,853 of 18,020
  Why not use another app in the meantime? Sony, Neutron and Hiby are some with DLNA functionality IIRC.

Because they do not playback in the native resolution nor sound nowhere near as good as the FIIO player.  At least FW 2.0 sounded great with DLNA playback.  Time to roll back to FW 1.8 again.  One step forward two steps back...

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #16,854 of 18,020

Because they do not playback in the native resolution nor sound nowhere near as good as the FIIO player.  At least FW 2.0 sounded great with DLNA playback.  Time to roll back to FW 1.8 again.  One step forward two steps back...

Fair point. unfortunately, I'm too inexperienced (or disinterested for that matter) with DLNA so I really don't know what else to tell you.

There's always the arise sound mod, It uses the FiiO driver (or so it sounds a hell of a lot like it) but lets you use customization to your liking as well. I'm curious what you think, being a professional sound engineer and all!

Neutron is sounding better than ever for me, and I'm sure it will personally work better for you than anything out there due to your adamant preferences, much like myself; but to each his own.

cough

Mar 5, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #16,855 of 18,020
Does your cable remote control work when the X7 screen is off? Mine does not (Momentum 2 over ear android version)

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #16,856 of 18,020
  Does your cable remote control work when the X7 screen is off? Mine does not (Momentum 2 over ear android version)

Was it working in the last FW?

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #16,857 of 18,020
  Fair point. unfortunately, I'm too inexperienced (or disinterested for that matter) with DLNA so I really don't know what else to tell you.

There's always the arise sound mod, It uses the FiiO driver (or so it sounds a hell of a lot like it) but lets you use customization to your liking as well. I'm curious what you think, being a professional sound engineer and all!

Neutron is sounding better than ever for me, and I'm sure it will personally work better for you than anything out there due to your adamant preferences, much like myself; but to each his own.

cough

I'm willing to try it.  Does it add new features or can features be changed?

Mar 5, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #16,859 of 18,020
Mar 5, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #16,860 of 18,020

cough

Tried Neutron.  At least it plays all my DLNA tracks and does a good job of sorting and features.  It does however it down samples everything down to 48khz 16 bit.  I wish FIIO could make their player interface and options like Neutron.  Thanks for the recommendation. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back