FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 20, 2017 at 4:26 PM Post #16,426 of 18,020
Not scanning, imposible to play a lot of folders. Same errors, same logs. I sent all.

Clicking on songs of a lot of folders does nothing.

Chinese characteres on a lot of songs.

Really bad spanish translation.

Not option to queue a song, not option to read embedded lyrics, not option to read more than one artist, genre, etc. separate by semicolon, not use of "Disc Number" tag, not option to read and catalog by "Composer" instead of "Artist".

A music player does not take or use the advantage of embeded music TAGs developed to catalog, order and store music info, like Lyrics, more than one album art, artist, composer, album disc number, song track number, RATINGS, etc. MediaMonkey for PC is one of the best programs that use all tags and scanned more than 20.000 songs in seconds. Yes, in seconds. Allow to play, for example, the best rating songs. Or search by artist, composer, album, etc.

This is desperately maddening. Returning again to 2.0 in other play songs and listen music.

iRiver H-140, in year 2000, has more options to any 2015 and beyond music player. We are falling back on technology like crabs.

Jan 21, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #16,427 of 18,020
Hi FiiO, firstly, thank you for all your work, almost everything working great, i have just one problem, if i want to use dlna function in fiio music player i see the files, im also able to play them, but i cant rewind them, cant click the time status bar and change the song position, also when i try to play internet radio stream i get the message: Network unavailable, please try again later! Thanks

Jan 21, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #16,429 of 18,020
  Today come my X7. I have one problem. Tidal can't store offline files on SD card, In options i have only one position (internal memory). It's a big issue for me. Firmware 2.0. 

You might want to update to the latest beta and see if you still have this problem ,  maybe it got solved recently. 

Jan 21, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #16,430 of 18,020
  Today come my X7. I have one problem. Tidal can't store offline files on SD card, In options i have only one position (internal memory). It's a big issue for me. Firmware 2.0. 
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Tencent Files\980489013\Image\C2C\Image2\TSYEXEVD4PF8RNQJ)C4(_BK.png

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Tencent Files\980489013\Image\C2C\Image2\TSYEXEVD4PF8RNQJ)C4(_BK.png

Currently some 3rd party apps , such as  Spodify ,Tidal , cannot save downloads to the SD card but only to the internal storage. (we're still working on it). so sorry for this inconvenience.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 21, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #16,431 of 18,020
So I received the balanced cable from Chris at Charleston Cable Co. (C3audio) I was confident that there would be improvements but I didn't expect them to be as significant as I'm hearing.

I've been using my EL-8 with the balanced input and I'm happy with the results but the change with the HD-650 is pretty dramatic. Aside from the additional power from the AM3 (in balanced mode) the vocals are more present, the bass is slightly cleaner, drums, particularly cymbals, are much more "alive". Needless to say I'm very pleased.

The other thing I wanted to mention was my experience with Chris. Originally I ordered the Canare cable but he mistakenly sent the wrong inputs for my headphones. I contacted him and his response was that he had a Cardas cable he would terminate for my headphones and just sent it to me the next morning. I still have the original cable he sent me, which of course I'll send back, but I was so impressed with the service that I had to tell you about my experience.

TLDR
Balanced cable sounds great with the HD650 
basshead.gif

Check out C3audio, I think you'll be pleased with quality and service.

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #16,432 of 18,020
I guess the DAC function is still clunky on the latest beta FW. I left it on for a while and went out while my Macbook was off. Then I came back and turned on the laptop with my X7 still on. Both OSX and Windows 10 couldn't put out sound until I restarted the X7.

Jan 24, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #16,434 of 18,020
X7 (DAC) -> Schiit Valhalla -> HD 650 is pretty fab too. I'll see how the X7's DAC compares to the Schiit Bifrost Multibit hopefully by the end of this week (in the shop getting upgraded).

Jan 24, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #16,435 of 18,020
Question: Play/pause button with PowerAmp & Neutron

Hi and thanks in advance for shining any light on the above.

I've looked into all of the settings and have not been able to change the way the play/pause button operate within these two apps.  I've considered third party apps to remap the buttons but didn't want to disturb the firmware build too much as all else seems to be working well.

I'm not using a cable with a button remote so if anyone knows of a way of tweaking these apps I would be very grateful.

Cheers.

Jan 25, 2017 at 4:42 AM Post #16,436 of 18,020
  Question: Play/pause button with PowerAmp & Neutron

Hi and thanks in advance for shining any light on the above.

I've looked into all of the settings and have not been able to change the way the play/pause button operate within these two apps.  I've considered third party apps to remap the buttons but didn't want to disturb the firmware build too much as all else seems to be working well.

I'm not using a cable with a button remote so if anyone knows of a way of tweaking these apps I would be very grateful.

Cheers.

this made me think.

@FiiO, would it be possible for you guys to make the internal previous/next/play+pause buttons be seen by the system as in-line remote?
If you did this, then it would potentially work for all apps, including your own player.

Jan 26, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #16,437 of 18,020
Question to those who have tried and/or owned both, would you go UE 900s or Westone 4R for the Fiio x7?

I'm currently on 1more triples and liking what I hear but the upgrade itch is bitting really bad.

My sound sig preference is neutral to a tad bit bright.

Thanks.

Sent from Nokia 3210

Jan 26, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #16,439 of 18,020
Jan 26, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #16,440 of 18,020
Question to those who have tried and/or owned both, would you go UE 900s or Westone 4R for the Fiio x7?

I'm currently on 1more triples and liking what I hear but the upgrade itch is bitting really bad.

My sound sig preference is neutral to a tad bit bright.

Thanks.

Sent from Nokia 3210

I don't have the full answer (never tried Westone 4R) but about UE900s on X7, my "perceived" sound signature would rate it fairly neutral and bright - maybe a bit "too bright" overall, under control but on some tracks it can get a bit unconfortable  - I'm remembering as example Miles Davis Kind of Blue #1 which isn't properly "bright", the higher notes of the trumped (mids, from 200hz to a top of around 800-900 hz) sounded too harsh to my actual taste. This was with AM1 module, if you go on X7 with AM2 maybe things get more leveled and with a better bass too (UE900s don't excel on bass department IMHO).

My 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back