FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Aug 22, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #13,936 of 18,020
 We're still working on this problem and will try our best to fix it soon. Sorry for the inconvenience brought to you. 

Thank you.

Aug 22, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #13,937 of 18,020
It seems to be a software problem, please try to do a factory reset (Settings->Factory data reset).
And please note that the factory reset will erase the installed app and user data, but the stored music and other files will not be affected

Yes, I already did a Factory Reset and the issue remains (I'm quite OCD with my gadgets and if troubleshooting didn't fix it, I normally go back to factory defaults)

I can't see how there would be .....

Ayt! Thanks!

Aug 22, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #13,938 of 18,020

It seems to be a software problem, please try to do a factory reset (Settings->Factory data reset).
And please note that the factory reset will erase the installed app and user data, but the stored music and other files will not be affected

Yes, I already did a Factory Reset and the issue remains (I'm quite OCD with my gadgets and if troubleshooting didn't fix it, I normally go back to factory defaults)

I can't see how there would be .....

Ayt! Thanks!

In this case, you may try to wipe the cache & data
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Tencent\QQ\Temp\%W@GJ$ACOF(TYDYECOKVDYB.png
http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41364 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 22, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #13,940 of 18,020
  Anyone else getting huge battery drain? I charged to 100 last night and this morning when I woke up it was at 89...Didn't play any music, it was just sitting on my desk. Fw 2.0. 

make sure Wifi and BlueTooth are disabled.

Also, as had been many times mentioned here - X7 is not a smartphone. It's not so efficient with battery usage. It doesn't need to be, since it's not smartphone. You don't really need to have it turned on while you are sleeping - or are you expecting any calls ? :wink:

Aug 22, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #13,941 of 18,020
  make sure Wifi and BlueTooth are disabled.

Also, as had been many times mentioned here - X7 is not a smartphone. It's not so efficient with battery usage. It doesn't need to be, since it's not smartphone. You don't really need to have it turned on while you are sleeping - or are you expecting any calls ? :wink:

everything was disabled, it was on airplane mode too, I just expected better standby time. Just because it's not a smartphone doesn't mean it can't have good standby time. Looking forward to more android optimizations. 

Aug 22, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #13,942 of 18,020
everything was disabled, it was on airplane mode too, I just expected better standby time. Just because it's not a smartphone doesn't mean it can't have good standby time. Looking forward to more android optimizations. 

It's the amp man, proper amps will use power whenever on.

Aug 22, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #13,944 of 18,020
  In this case, you may try to wipe the cache & data
http://fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=41364 

Ok. Here's what i did:

- wipe cache partition - Done
- wipe data/factory reset - Done
^ I did both 3 times
- i also wiped my microSD, reloaded all of my Music

and now it's all working! :) Thanks for the suggested course of action!

Aug 22, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #13,945 of 18,020
Has anybody had a problem with songs just stopping mid playback when shuffling? I've had a new X7 for a few days, running 2.0 and with a SanDisk 200GB Sd that was running fine in my X5ii previously.

When the track stops I get a 'Playback failed' message in Poweramp Alpha. It does not seem to be happening when I just play a regular album.

It may well be a PowerAmp issue so will experiment with the Fiio app but I'd rather not use that as it won't pass play counts to iSyncr.

I also have a weird issue where every time I reboot the unit freezes, reboots a second time and then is fine. This might point to the SD card but I'm not sure.

Aug 22, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #13,946 of 18,020
I am really pleased wvith the AM3. I paired it with the EL8 and their balanced cable. The first thing that struck me was how much more punchy the AM3 is compared to the AM5. It's also evident that the higher power, in balanced mode, gives the music more life. Voices are clearer and slightly more forward and natural and the bass is faster.

My X7 really sounds as I hoped it would when I first received it. That's not to say I was ever disappointed with the X7 but I could say that it's really one incredible sounding device, with this upgrade. Brilliant 
beyersmile.png

Aug 22, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #13,947 of 18,020
I am really pleased wvith the AM3. I paired it with the EL8 and their balanced cable. The first thing that struck me was how much more punchy the AM3 is compared to the AM5. It's also evident that the higher power, in balanced mode, gives the music more life. Voices are clearer and slightly more forward and natural and the bass is faster.

My X7 really sounds as I hoped it would when I first received it. That's not to say I was ever disappointed with the X7 but I could say that it's really one incredible sounding device, with this upgrade. Brilliant :beyersmile:  

Ah AH!!! I knew I wasn't alone....

AM3 balanced is awesome, superlastic fantastic orgamastic audio experience I've had in life... and I'm being honest.

The match with my Angie II is so good sometimes I wonder if FiiO used that combo to calibrate the Amp :)

Aug 22, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #13,949 of 18,020

My X7 really sounds as I hoped it would when I first received it. That's not to say I was ever disappointed with the X7 but I could say that it's really one incredible sounding device, with this upgrade. Brilliant :beyersmile:  

Sounds like I need to add the AM3 to the collection and get a balanced set of cans. Currently pairing the DT880 600ohms with AM5.

I'm also wanting to audition the AK300 vs the X7+AM3/AM5 as I've heard a lot of chatter about AK300 lately.

Aug 22, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #13,950 of 18,020
  Has anybody had a problem with songs just stopping mid playback when shuffling? I've had a new X7 for a few days, running 2.0 and with a SanDisk 200GB Sd that was running fine in my X5ii previously.

When the track stops I get a 'Playback failed' message in Poweramp Alpha. It does not seem to be happening when I just play a regular album.

It may well be a PowerAmp issue so will experiment with the Fiio app but I'd rather not use that as it won't pass play counts to iSyncr.

I also have a weird issue where every time I reboot the unit freezes, reboots a second time and then is fine. This might point to the SD card but I'm not sure.

I had this problem a couple of times already (just started to use shuffle mode today). I was using stock FiiO Music app and suddenly it stopped. Went back to normal when I toggle between different screens of the app. I was using FW2.0 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back