FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Apr 22, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #11,373 of 18,020
For those using K5 balanced out, where do you buy the cables?

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #11,377 of 18,020
bavinck, 

AM5 is on the way to our local sales agents now, maybe you can try it at the end of this month.

Thanks,

Already ordered it from penonaudio.com audio - though they have not shipped it yet. Looking forward to it.

Apr 22, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #11,378 of 18,020
Problems with the UI? The UI is not good? I had many DAP's and I loved the UI. Its fast, simple and beautiful. No problems at all. But if you didn't liked it you can install many others players.

I didn't say it wasn't good, I said not as good as AK240, which would also include the ak100ii and ak120ii. They AK devices are simpler, but faster, and freeze up a but less. It wasn't a complaint, it was a response to the claim of the X7 being the best dap ever. I don't think it is. It's an excellent dap, hence why I am keeping it, but not the best ever. In its price range? Maybe, not sure as I've yet to hear all the daps.

Regardless, it wasn't a slight on Fiio or their X7. I love it. It could be improved upon though, like everything in life. Overall, I'm an extremely satisfied customer. It was worth every bit of the money. Overall, it's one of the best all around daps I've owned.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #11,379 of 18,020
I didn't say it wasn't good, I said not as good as AK240, which would also include the ak100ii and ak120ii. They AK devices are simpler, but faster, and freeze up a but less. It wasn't a complaint, it was a response to the claim of the X7 being the best dap ever. I don't think it is. It's an excellent dap, hence why I am keeping it, but not the best ever. In its price range? Maybe, not sure as I've yet to hear all the daps.

Regardless, it wasn't a slight on Fiio or their X7. I love it. It could be improved upon though, like everything in life. Overall, I'm an extremely satisfied customer. It was worth every bit of the money. Overall, it's one of the best all around daps I've owned.

Yeah, I understood now. But I think that Fiio will bring many improvements on the X7. Why? Because they are investing too much time on research, marketing and amp modules, to be a DAP for many years, I think. So, I expect many complains to be fixed fast, inclusive on the next firmware. I don't have complains about the X7, but I wanna try the AM2 or the AM5 soon. Have you tested it with IEM's? Does it is an improvement over the AM1 with IEM's?

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #11,380 of 18,020
For me the am2 is a significant increase in performance over the stock am1, which I didn't like at all. I have some harder to drive IEMS, but I still feel a DAP should be able to drive IEMS.

I also agree that this device will get better and better with time. I love the modular system, and as soon as I can order the am5 domestically I will along with the balanced module.

Apr 22, 2016 at 11:39 PM Post #11,383 of 18,020
I guess the next accessory for X7 should be wireless BT keyboard to help people type more accurately?!?
biggrin.gif
 j/k

... and speaking of wireless accessories, here is my full RM1 review: http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-rm1-bluetooth-remote-controller/reviews/15824

Apr 23, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #11,384 of 18,020
You know what bothers me?

The fact that at times the touch screen doesn't respond well with certain keys.

I.E, I try pressing B but it presses they key next to it.

What Fiio.

Unacceptable.
That is why i always recalibrate the touch screen of my smartphones prior to using them.

Apr 23, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #11,385 of 18,020
You know what bothers me?

The fact that at times the touch screen doesn't respond well with certain keys.

I.E, I try pressing B but it presses they key next to it.

What Fiio.

Unacceptable.

that's an android issue.
actually it's also an iOS 5.0+ issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back