FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Apr 20, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #11,311 of 18,020
  I can see it shutting off being idle, but not while playing music.

Precisely. FiiO will for shure fix this among a handfull of other things, some with more importance.
X7 may have a few bugs that I'm fully confident will be properly addressed by FiiO, for what I've seen they do hear community and act fast.

But then I turn X7 on and start playing music, fly to the light side and forget all those small, ... small ... small what? 
confused_face(1).gif

Regards

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #11,313 of 18,020
Anyone having issues with their device locking up on boot? Last might my X7 locked up and restart 5 times in a row. Sometimes I can get past the lock screen, sometimes I can't. It was extremely frustrating. Happened prior to last night, but was rare. I listened to music for a half hour, shut it off. Tried again about 20 minutes later, locked up once, and rebooted and worked.

Hi,

Mine started to lock on boot (Pure music mode), then restarted. This was after inserting the 200Gb card formated as FAT32, reformated as exFat and since then its fine.
Regards

Apr 20, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #11,315 of 18,020

Good to hear, you'll get a AM1 Mark.II 
smile.gif

You're satisfied with AM1 driving the Westone Pro 50 ? as you own the HD650, AM5 would be a nice add-on

Regards

Mark.II?! 
eek.gif
 Anyway, what's important is that it's working now. I'm listening to my X7 as I type this out. It feels good to be reunited.

I still sometimes wonder if my IEMs would sound better with the AM2. There's no place locally where I can try out an AM2, and I don't know any audiophiles nearby who own an AM2 (or an X7 for that matter). 

AM5 would probably be nice, but I need to see some comparisons to the K5. I am personally not content with the K5, and it's not because of the lack of volume. There's just something missing in the sound. I think I'm just too attached to that tube amp goodness paired with my HD 650s.

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #11,323 of 18,020
Did anyone notice a glare in the upper mids with AM2? The AM1 was smoother and didn't have that glare. While I think the AM2 is a marked improvement over AM1, that glare is preventing me from fully enjoying it and making me occassionally switch back to AM1 for relief...

Apr 20, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #11,324 of 18,020
Anyone having issues with their device locking up on boot? Last might my X7 locked up and restart 5 times in a row. Sometimes I can get past the lock screen, sometimes I can't. It was extremely frustrating. Happened prior to last night, but was rare. I listened to music for a half hour, shut it off. Tried again about 20 minutes later, locked up once, and rebooted and worked.

Yup, just this am.

Apr 20, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #11,325 of 18,020
Did anyone notice a glare in the upper mids with AM2? The AM1 was smoother and didn't have that glare. While I think the AM2 is a marked improvement over AM1, that glare is preventing me from fully enjoying it and making me occassionally switch back to AM1 for relief...

As far as glare they seem pretty similar to me. Both are brighter/more noise level then when I drive my headphones directly from my PC to my receiver. Then again I am driving them with a 80 pound receiver with a dedicated headphone section that's way bigger than the Fiio X7, so I dunno. I feel there's more micro detail with the Fiio X7 but on the flip side its brighter and has a higher noise level. I think the AM1 and AM2 amps are just insufficient to drive a high impedance headphone properly. Maybe the AM5 will solve this for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back