FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Apr 11, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #11,132 of 18,020
Neutron keeps crashing, is what I'm saying.
Very annoying.

Is it possible to port the FiioMusic APK (/launcher) to other Android devices? It installs fine but just FC when opened.

No. It was made specifically with the ESS9018 chip in mind, so I doubt you'd be able to install it without heavy modifications.

Although, I'd love to be proved wrong.
Since I want it as well.

Apr 11, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #11,133 of 18,020
FiiO X7 + Neutron + AM2 (and future modules)+ FLC 8S + V4A = Ultimate Customization.

Good lord, I walked right into it.

There is no possible way I can make a configuration and NOT be happy with it.

This is something I have to take into consideration
I NEED to take my time with this and make a signature specifically dedicated to me.
I feel so powerful.

If I can't be happy with this, I will never be happy with anything.

Apr 11, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #11,134 of 18,020
  I'll test the Havi B3 Pro and let you know. (Those IEM's are 46 Ohms)

Do you get to test these with the AM2? I sent in my AM1 to Fiio, so I've been without an X7 to use for a few weeks now. I'm going through withdrawal here, and I might get the AM2 if it really is better for what I have.

Apr 11, 2016 at 10:02 PM Post #11,135 of 18,020
Unfie-you in the states? I'll send you my am1 if you want to hold you over bro.

RebeccaSugar-By far the most options possible with that combination. How is your device working since root? Any issues? Not sure if you read about mine, but my music cuts out, almost every song for 5-7 seconds. I reset, remove root, reinstall root, works perfectly for a day, then bam, starts again. Without me modifying anything, which is the weird part. I've yet to keep it fully stock, hard to knowing what V4A does... Not sure if I need to return for warranty.

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #11,136 of 18,020
@Unfie-you in the states? I'll send you my am1 if you want to hold you over bro.

@RebeccaSugar-By far the most options possible with that combination. How is your device working since root? Any issues? Not sure if you read about mine, but my music cuts out, almost every song for 5-7 seconds. I reset, remove root, reinstall root, works perfectly for a day, then bam, starts again. Without me modifying anything, which is the weird part. I've yet to keep it fully stock, hard to knowing what V4A does... Not sure if I need to return for warranty.

@warrior1975  I am experiencing the same issue - music stops playing for about 5-7 seconds and then starts again. I have not rooted my device so this doesn't seem to be related to this. I have been in touch with FiiO support since 21.1.2016 - they have not been able to solve it ever since. I am starting to wonder about returning the device (not that I am glad about it..)

Apr 12, 2016 at 6:04 AM Post #11,140 of 18,020
Apr 12, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #11,141 of 18,020
Can anyone give me a layman terms benefit to balanced amps and where I could get cables from to fit the Fiio balanced amp?
Can any headphones with removable cables be used for balanced?
Just weighing up whether I would like to buy this amp too when released.
Already considering the AM2 but my set up seems fine with AM1.

Apr 12, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #11,142 of 18,020
@warrior1975
  I am experiencing the same issue - music stops playing for about 5-7 seconds and then starts again. I have not rooted my device so this doesn't seem to be related to this. I have been in touch with FiiO support since 21.1.2016 - they have not been able to solve it ever since. I am starting to wonder about returning the device (not that I am glad about it..)

Thank you very much my friend!!! Finally confirmed by someone. It's been driving me crazy. Apparently, it's just us. When I have it hooked to mojo, the signal drops out. It also sounds like there is a clicking noise when it happens, but I need to confirm that.

Apr 12, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #11,143 of 18,020
Can anyone give me a layman terms benefit to balanced amps and where I could get cables from to fit the Fiio balanced amp?
Can any headphones with removable cables be used for balanced?
Just weighing up whether I would like to buy this amp too when released.
Already considering the AM2 but my set up seems fine with AM1.

I think, first of all, we will need to determine the kind of connector/plug used for the balanced output of the balanced amp module.

Then we can look into the appropriate removable cable for the headphone you use. Lots of brands and options you could choose from.

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #11,144 of 18,020
I'm waiting for AM3, would really like to know the 2.5mm pin out so I can get a cable ready.

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #11,145 of 18,020
Thank you very much my friend!!! Finally confirmed by someone. It's been driving me crazy. Apparently, it's just us. When I have it hooked to mojo, the signal drops out. It also sounds like there is a clicking noise when it happens, but I need to confirm that.

There are actually more of us - but this thread is 743 pages long now, so it's hard to find the 2 or 3 pages where this was discussed. I hear that clicking noise too by the way.
With my device, it only happens in DAP mode - never in DAC mode, which made me think it's SD card related.. but I had this on brand new SD card, formatted as both ExFAT and FAT32 - no difference.
I am not too keen on replacement - it seems like different people has different set of issues, so god knows, what may I'll be struggling with the replacement. I also don't know what competitors can provide similar SQ in this price range... (I don't care about android, wifi, bluetooth..)
I really *want* to love my X7, but if the basic functionality (playing music) is affected, it's tough :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back