FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 12, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #8,371 of 18,020
Dear Fiio

Hi, Joe...

I have noticed there seems to be no way to drill into the album this way. For example, I want to play a song from an album buy an artist. I view artists, scroll to the artist and tap. This takes me to the page you mention. I tap to view albums, because I know the song is on a particular album, but now it have to play the entire album, no way to open it to see a specific song to start on. (tapping the album should list the songs, but it does nothing)

If I do play the whole album there's also no way to see the queue.

So true - false hopes arise-  then you select the album only to find the path stops there. Of course you could start playing the  entire album then swipe in from the left for the side menu - too many clicks & confusion and no choices for multi song selection.

Several have chimed in on this so would you please consider FIXING - Thank you!

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #8,372 of 18,020
Yes, FiiO, I'm sure you are working on this, but it is EXTREMELY important that minimal functionality be available. No DAP is perfect, but as noted above, it is crucial and extremely common to be able to tap to an album and have access to all of the songs right on the resulting screen. You are asking users to perform too many operations. It is really amazing how hard FiiO has worked to bring a community driven product to market, but in all sincerity, user interface issues really should not be at all an issue. Simply spending several hours reading in the various threads about DAPs will quickly yield exactly what people consider as basic functionality as well as polish detail. You can do it FiiO, please don't fall behind on usability features. Don't try to get all the super advanced things in before the basics are satisfied.

Jan 13, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #8,373 of 18,020
To check the current firmware version:
Click the Settings cog on the Android homescreen or app drawer and click "About X7".

To update:
1. Connect the X7 to your computer via the provided USB cable
2. Pull down status menu from left, select USB Connected->Turn on USB storage
3. Copy the provided update zip file to an easily accessible location on the X7, preferably the root directory of the external SD card
4. Eject the X7's drives on the computer to cleanly unmount the X7 from the computer; disconnect the USB cable
5. Click on the Home button (middle soft button at the bottom) to go to the Android homescreen and click Support->Update
6. Browse to the update zip file loaded, click on it and click OK to confirm the update
7. X7 will reboot, enter update mode to apply the update, and reboot back into Android when the update is complete.

X7 firmware version 1.5
Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ucyr69u5p0wt9t/X7_v5_20151225-ota-update-FW1.5.zip?dl=0

After this update, further updates in the future will appear automatically over the air automatically when you connect to WiFi.

smily_headphones1.gif

Hi , i have done all this but when i went to Support - Update - External SD card , i don't find the files ( Boot IMG ) i can see the file on the SD card when the X7 is connect to my Computer , but when it is disconnect , i don't see .

Jan 13, 2016 at 3:44 AM Post #8,374 of 18,020

Hi , i have done all this but when i went to Support - Update - External SD card , i don't find the files ( Boot IMG ) i can see the file on the SD card when the X7 is connect to my Computer , but when it is disconnect , i don't see .

I know how to do , Update done ! , shall i delete the Update Zip ? Thanks in advance .

Jan 13, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #8,375 of 18,020

I know how to do , Update done ! , shall i delete the Update Zip ? Thanks in advance .

You can delete it.

But I tend to keep the previous firmware until the next one is released and installed (and checked it all works) just in case I need to perform another reset with the old one.

Jan 13, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #8,377 of 18,020
  Yes, FiiO, I'm sure you are working on this, but it is EXTREMELY important that minimal functionality be available. No DAP is perfect, but as noted above, it is crucial and extremely common to be able to tap to an album and have access to all of the songs right on the resulting screen. You are asking users to perform too many operations. It is really amazing how hard FiiO has worked to bring a community driven product to market, but in all sincerity, user interface issues really should not be at all an issue. Simply spending several hours reading in the various threads about DAPs will quickly yield exactly what people consider as basic functionality as well as polish detail. You can do it FiiO, please don't fall behind on usability features. Don't try to get all the super advanced things in before the basics are satisfied.

I'm missing this feature too.

Jan 14, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #8,381 of 18,020
I just tested X7 in depth with IEM module and a few IEMs+headphones. 

You will not belive your ears how great this thing is, and how great the operation of it is, UI is amazing. Not to mention usage and user experience. 

Glad you got a chance to try it George. Not a bad step up for FiiO, huh? I liked the tour unit when I had it. :)

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #8,383 of 18,020

Ooh! It's you! How does it sound stacked with the E12A?
L3000.gif

It does not need a stack anymore, this is how great it is 
blink.gif
. Actually, for what it costs, I am quite happy with the amp modules, and with not having to stack anymore. I only tried IEM module, because the other modules were not yet released in Romania, but with IEM module, IE800 was amazing! Now that 200gb microsd cards are coming down, I will be able to put my entire collection in there (I am still using 2X64gb in X5II)

Glad you got a chance to try it George. Not a bad step up for FiiO, huh? I liked the tour unit when I had it.
smily_headphones1.gif

It was amazing. Compared to x5II, it was like opening the sound in every direction, everything was more dynamic, and UI was very fluid and nice (with Fiio default app). 

I really like where Fiio is heading.

now, I just hope that they will release usb DAC functionality soon, because I am already selling my X5II to get an X7. I will write a review soon, but all in all, I was amazed.

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #8,384 of 18,020
Hi , i have issue on my X7 with the USB connecting on my Win10 computer ,  about 30 minutes after connecting for loading music files , the SD card and the X7 disappear ( the X7 not completely , it remains the name X7 , but impossible to open ) Is it a faulty unit , or a FW issue ? Thanks in advance for your replys .

Jan 14, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #8,385 of 18,020
  Hi , i have issue on my X7 with the USB connecting on my Win10 computer ,  about 30 minutes after connecting for loading music files , the SD card and the X7 disappear ( the X7 not completely , it remains the name X7 , but impossible to open ) Is it a faulty unit , or a FW issue ? Thanks in advance for your replys .

Have you tried plugging out and back in? Maybe computer puts the usb in sleep mode? You could manage this in device management, on win10, by default some USB are turned off after a while. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back