FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 29, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #7,757 of 18,020
Fiio have stated that they feel that it is a wifi issue out of their control and that we should be understanding of this, solution they advise is to download your music then turn WiFi off.  This then takes away the DAP's streaming feature!!

On Fiio's support page they say it is do with amp power or somehing along those lines, however this doesn't explain why users with the same earphones have different experiences in regards to the interference. 

My initial response from Fiio was that this wasn't a software issue so no FW fix.

Dec 29, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #7,758 of 18,020
Mine came a few days ago. I mostly use Tidal by downloading albums/playlists and listening offline, so I haven't had any WiFi issues.  Startup is pretty slow since I added a 200GB SDXC card (90% full).  Sound is very good, but I really want the balanced amp, since most of my best headphones and IEMs are cabled for balanced.

Still not happy about only one card slot and it would really be nice if Tidal could use the SD card for offline storage, but I will stop bitching now.

Dec 29, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #7,760 of 18,020
I'm batch NB T333a and I have this wifi noise issue. Others with this same issue if you like to share your batch. Maybe we can see if there is a similarity.

Did you check it with the volume at minimum and a pair of headphones with impedance lower than 40 ohm? I have T333a and I can hear it ... only 2-3 seconds between tracks and only in the right.

I personally didnt think it was fair to complain about the noise with my se846 as strictly speaking according to Fiio's advertising it was 16 Ohm and above, can hear it on the 35 Ohm X2's I have which are the highest impedance headphones I have, however they are well about the recomended minimum.

Quote:
  My NB is also T333a as well.

To be fair though I don't need to wait for official word to know mine is faulty.  I really don't think it's a design or widespread issue.  There seems to be enough people here who have no issue which would suggest a number of units have got through the process as faulty.  Maybe the operator on the production line was having a bad day - it happens.

It's not my earphones that are the issues, they get no interference with other streaming devices and I don't or shouldn't need to buy new earphones to get rid of the noise.  

I have the wifi noise problem NB T333a, SN:600030130350902

Just something else to help narrow it down, did we all buy from the UK? I bought mine from a Fiio official distributer in the UK, so I am wondering what country other people with problems bought their players from?

FWIW the "NB code" in "about X7" is the "batch number" you guys may be looking for.

I too hope it is only a QA issue, not a systematic problem, but we will have to wait for the official word on this. 
redface.gif

Thanks for commenting, it is good to know Fiio are having a look at this for us now.

Edited: inc SN like poster below suggested.

Dec 29, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #7,761 of 18,020
Hmmm, my NB is T333a and I don't have the wifi noise issue (although I do have an issue with the player stopping play while sync'ing tracks via wifi on streaming services).

Maybe Serial number could narrow it down within the batch there might be units with issue and other that don't like mine.

Dec 29, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #7,764 of 18,020
NB T333a and bought from EA Audio in the UK. No issues with this one.

Just like mine.
What's your serial?

I think batch is not going to be enough to pin down the faulty units, we need to get a pattern of which serial are affected

Dec 29, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #7,766 of 18,020
Great, mine is 60030150210508

Users who are viewing this thread

Back