FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 25, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #7,516 of 18,020
That would be theft, as it's not his.

Dec 25, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #7,518 of 18,020
The more pertinent question is would you keep it if it was not a review unit? :wink:

Dec 25, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #7,519 of 18,020
Anyone having trouble connecting to a PC with the USB port with Windows 10.

PC isn't recognizing the device. Have 1.4 firmware installed currently.

Could use some help if anyone elase has experienced this.

JP

Dec 25, 2015 at 9:44 PM Post #7,520 of 18,020
  Anyone having trouble connecting to a PC with the USB port with Windows 10.

PC isn't recognizing the device. Have 1.4 firmware installed currently.

Could use some help if anyone elase has experienced this.

JP

I've never had trouble, but needed to go into "storage" and set whether my USB connection was for charging or for data transfer.

Dec 26, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #7,522 of 18,020
Hello everybody!
Im new here. Ive just get my X7 for 2 days, this is my 2nd DAP (after iPod touch) so i cant give much detailed review but the X7 is so awesome that i cant take my headphones off.
There is just an issue: its getting so hot when playing music as my iPad mini (playing games). Anyone encounter this? Is this normal?

Dec 26, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #7,523 of 18,020
anybody noticed? the arrangement for the amp modules was updated on the chinese site. pricing and the 50% discount. all users have a chance of using the discount on one of their module. first module out would be the mid power module and scheduled to be out in early Jan. high power and balance would be before feb.

Dec 26, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #7,524 of 18,020
It's normal I
Hello everybody!
Im new here. Ive just get my X7 for 2 days, this is my 2nd DAP (after iPod touch) so i cant give much detailed review but the X7 is so awesome that i cant take my headphones off.
There is just an issue: its getting so hot when playing music as my iPad mini (playing games). Anyone encounter this? Is this normal?

It's normal I think :wink:
My Oppo HA-2 (portable combo) was warm after a while.
X7 is more complicated so this is normal, X7 should be warm in the middle (SoC placement).

Dec 26, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #7,525 of 18,020
The more pertinent question is would you keep it if it was not a review unit?
wink.gif

That's a tough question. If I spent my own money on it, my disappointment may very well have been even more so, or I may find a way to justify the purchase....I really don't know

Dec 26, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #7,526 of 18,020
anybody noticed? the arrangement for the amp modules was updated on the chinese site. pricing and the 50% discount. all users have a chance of using the discount on one of their module. first module out would be the mid power module and scheduled to be out in early Jan. high power and balance would be before feb.

SO IT BEGINS.

Is FiiO ready to blow away the crowd? Or will they be blasted out by the competition and fall on deaf ears.

Tune into next months episode of Audio Ball Fi.

Dec 26, 2015 at 4:00 AM Post #7,527 of 18,020
I tested further and the only WiFi interference I can get is some farting and only during the initial connection when the device is negotiating with AP (but it is only in the right channel so I assume it's the same issue). After that, once the connection is established I get nothing but I don't stream and don't use WiFi much. It doesn't get louder with volume so the interference isn't introduced between the DAC and the AMP so there is a possibility other AMP modules with not have it.  

It's not a deal barker for me, I'm happy with my X7. We have to wait for FiiO to diagnose the issue that's why I asked that many questions so they have some info to work with. 

Getting a lot of EMI noise as well when using Tidal. Seems to be more noticeable during initial connections and when wifi dl/up active. Wifi signal is also not very strong in comparison to today's average smartphone. Hope this is a fw fix. I don't stream music often but don't like the fact it's not very usable right now. Btw I tested also about 8 ft away from my Asus AC router and still same EMI noise issue. Fiio please listen to this issue and provide a solution. Really hoping its not hardware related.

Dec 26, 2015 at 5:25 AM Post #7,528 of 18,020
I've posted my review of the X7.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-x7/reviews/14866

Users who are viewing this thread

Back