FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Dec 25, 2015 at 3:33 PM Post #7,501 of 18,020
So gents, busy writing my review. Just did some FR measurements, got some very interesting results (especially the FR between different apps). review should be up tomorrow.

For details you'll have to check the review...but basically stick to the pure music mode. Android mode is very prone to clipping

Dec 25, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #7,503 of 18,020
Seems I have a bit of a problem downloading from the new playstore app. I login fine, authenticate and tell the x7 there is no need to reverify this device. So everything lookss fine, however, whenever I try to dl anything there is authentication error:
Google Talk failed to login. If thus is a google apps account confirm that Chat service ia enabled for this account.

This is my usual android account for my phone. I can login to the google website, on the x7 but it is not listed under devices. I reset the x7 to go through the process again, and same thing happens

Dec 25, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #7,505 of 18,020
thanks for your help but still not working. Server authentication failed or something like that 

Re-enter the password for your wifi, and force it to reconnect.

Dec 25, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #7,507 of 18,020
Re-enter the password for your wifi, and force it to reconnect.

Eyy Pinkie, is the IM-03 a good choice for the X7? I'm conflicted, I heard the IM-50 on the X1 (with bass turned to 8 and treble to 4 on the E17K...with an equalizer on the X1) and I loved it.

But, since you have the setup I'm looking for, does it sound good, good enough for someone jumping into "summit-fi" territory I mean.

Dec 25, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #7,508 of 18,020
  So gents, busy writing my review. Just did some FR measurements, got some very interesting results (especially the FR between different apps). review should be up tomorrow.

Curious - what equipment did you use for the measurements, and how did you set-it up?

I wanted to measure it, but for the software I use, I'd have to feed through the X7 DAC and can't do that until it is unlocked.

Dec 25, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #7,509 of 18,020
Eyy Pinkie, is the IM-03 a good choice for the X7? I'm conflicted, I heard the IM-50 on the X1 (with bass turned to 8 and treble to 4 on the E17K...with an equalizer on the X1) and I loved it.

But, since you have the setup I'm looking for, does it sound good, good enough for someone jumping into "summit-fi" territory I mean.

I think it pairs terribly well. The IM03 gives the X7 nice warmth while being open and airy enough to enjoy all the details and soundstage.

Dec 25, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #7,510 of 18,020

Curious - what equipment did you use for the measurements, and how did you set-it up?

I wanted to measure it, but for the software I use, I'd have to feed through the X7 DAC and can't do that until it is unlocked.

I used a 48Khz 24bit 10-20,000 Hz pink noise wave which played from the X7, which was then connected to my Presonus Audiobox USB and recorded in REW.

Dec 25, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #7,511 of 18,020
I got my X7 today. So far all is good. Great sound no complaints thus far.

I inserted my Meenova SD card reader from my old X5 and it works with the X7.

I now have 2 x 200GB working just fine with my X7 so I now have no complaints with disc storage.

Software recognized all songs on both cards with no problems as well.

Fiio keep up the good work and keep the firmware upgrades coming.

JP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back