FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jun 24, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #4,081 of 18,020
It's starting to appear as though the X7 will have a limited target audience.  I didn't see confirmation that it will have 256GB of internal storage, so only having one mSD slot is a deal breaker for me.  With that MSRP, it's starting to look like an Apple product, by way of product per dollar.  

This is one of those products that had a ton of potential.

Jun 24, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #4,082 of 18,020
Respectfully, when considering the hardware in the audio path this is far away from an Apple product.

Jun 24, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #4,083 of 18,020
My point, which appears to have been missed, was in regards to product per dollar.  Apple does the same thing.  They say you get a better screen than the competition.  They say you get a faster CPU, GPU, etc.  And on the other hand, you get enough storage space to save a family photo album.

So, yes, offering a small amount of internal storage & a single mSD slot has the same exact feel to it, considering the price tag.  If we were talking about a $199 product, we'd be having a different conversation.  

Jun 24, 2015 at 2:46 AM Post #4,084 of 18,020
It's frustrating for many of us who don't give two hoots for streaming to see a nice original design, made same rectangular block and the card slot removed.

On the other hand Fiio see the future where streaming will play more and more a part. Not for me where artists can pull their tracks and some services will disappear as competition hots up.

But luckily, Fiio has X1/X3/X5 ranges for those who want card playback and X7 for those who want both streaming and hard media.

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #4,086 of 18,020
  You are kind of right. 

But the only market that is high quality is customer oriented, not product oriented. I am much more looking forward for a solution to my needs than for a particular device, for which I should shape my needs after. 

We are a customer oriented company . thanks and love you guys !

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 24, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #4,087 of 18,020

You are kind of right. 

But the only market that is high quality is customer oriented, not product oriented. I am much more looking forward for a solution to my needs than for a particular device, for which I should shape my needs after. 

We are a customer oriented company . thanks and love you guys !

I never suggested that any company should not be customer driven. My point was that at some point any company will have to draw the line, or they will never get their product to market. Even James would have to admit that you can't please everybody all of the time. If that were true the X7 would have 256GB of internal storage and dual micro SD card slots, among other things. Virtually all successful companies will seek input form their customer base on the design and features of any given product, but ultimately they will have to make the final decisions on what to include and what to leave out. Other than cost no object designs, and sometimes even then, there are always going to be compromises and these compromises mean that someone, somewhere, is going to be dissapointed. It's inevitable.

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #4,088 of 18,020
  I never suggested that any company should not be customer driven. My point was that at some point any company will have to draw the line, or they will never get their product to market. Even James would have to admit that you can't please everybody all of the time. If that were true the X7 would have 256GB of internal storage and dual micro SD card slots, among other things. Virtually all successful companies will seek input form their customer base on the design and features of any given product, but ultimately they will have to make the final decisions on what to include and what to leave out. Other than cost no object designs, and sometimes even then, there are always going to be compromises and these compromises mean that someone, somewhere, is going to be dissapointed. It's inevitable.

Smartphone companies never ask customers as far as I know. 

If there was such a thing, maybe the design of most smartphones would had not been full plastic. 

Or maybe, there would have been cheap smartphones that would not have bluetooth, and other sketchy features, and instead would feature bigger battery, and better sound and better screens. 

I agree with you, Fiio cannot please everyone, but they do not need to, they only need to please the majority of their customers. This is the main target of everyone.

I still hope that there will be a version of X7 with 128 or even 256 gb internal storage. But it will add to the cost...

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #4,089 of 18,020
  I still hope that there will be a version of X7 with 128 or even 256 gb internal storage. But it will add to the cost...

If the additional cost is reasonable, and compares well with the market price for similar capacity, I don't mind.

Jun 24, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #4,090 of 18,020

If the additional cost is reasonable, and compares well with the market price for similar capacity, I don't mind.

Well, 128gb of microsd space costs 100$ at this moment as far as I know.  

Yes, it should be fair, and acceptable if the cost does not rise with more than 100$ for adding another 128gb.

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #4,091 of 18,020
I'm sorry if this was asked and answered before, but I can't find it in this thread...

I'd like to know if the RSA/ALO Kobiconn 4-pin output of the X7 is planned to be configurable as a balanced line out, or will it only be amped by the internal amp?  I have an RSA SR-71B and I'm looking for options of a DAP that has a balanced line out other than AK240, AK380, or converting my AK120 into a RWAK120B.

Thanks,
Robert

Jun 24, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #4,092 of 18,020

+1   :  128 Gb extra internal memory will still cost less than us buying a 200 Gb MicroSD card instead of a 64 Gb MicroSD.

Jun 24, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #4,093 of 18,020
I'm sorry if this was asked and answered before, but I can't find it in this thread...

I'd like to know if the RSA/ALO Kobiconn 4-pin output of the X7 is planned to be configurable as a balanced line out, or will it only be amped by the internal amp?  I have an RSA SR-71B and I'm looking for options of a DAP that has a balanced line out other than AK240, AK380, or converting my AK120 into a RWAK120B.

Thanks,
Robert

Pretty sure it would be intended as a headphone out as it's part of the headphone amp module. You would want a module that takes the balanced analogue L/R signal directly from the DAC with no link to the volume control for a true balanced line out. I'd also be interested in such a module on the X7 to connect to my Liquid Carbon coming in. Wonder if simply running at max volume with the balanced module will have the same SQ. It all depends on the implementation.

Jun 24, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #4,094 of 18,020
There is a solution 
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back