FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jun 4, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #3,887 of 18,020
i just listened to 3 of the items.  picked the 320kps mp3 all 3 times!  the 128mp3 is clearly inferior for me, as for the prior 2 posters, but i couldn't distinguish the other 2.  

this is using flc8's out of my macbook pro.  i don't know the quality of the macbook's soundcard, and that MIGHT make a difference.  the other issue for me is that i don't listen to pop.  i wonder if i could have distinguished better listening to bach solo violin pieces.

edit:  i just realized i hadn't even scrolled down to see if there was any classical.  found the murray perahia piece and picked the wav file pretty easily!  heaven knows i shouldn't conclude too much based on that one trial, but i guess i'll stick with flac.

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #3,888 of 18,020
I guessed them right with the ifi micro and he560, but when I used my v6s iems, 320 and wav became hard to tell, esp since the ifi micro is so smooth. Would listen for cymbals and low bass definition, but I had to actually try. 

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #3,889 of 18,020

These things belong to either computer audio or sound science forums.

I guessed 3 uncompressed, 3 320mp3. The collection of songs was very bad for conducting tests.

I am able to tell FLAC from 320 mp3 to 128mp3 with my music collection, without any problems. 

Now, if anybody has a very good system and want to try something, and come back to tell me that they hear a difference, please try to make a difference between FLAC and ogg lvl 10 at over 500kbps.

I wonder, about x7, what type of connectors will it use to connect with the AMP modules, and how secure will the connection be. 

Jun 4, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #3,890 of 18,020
Concerning storage space, can FiiO add OTG capability to the player so we can use flash drive (Corsair has a 256gb under $90us)? 

Jun 4, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #3,892 of 18,020
I think that it will have OTG capability, like their other DAPs.

Otg is not a given. Users should keep that request out in front of FIIO. At the moment the OTG feature on the x5 gen 2 is not rock solid and the company has informed, at least for now, that they are not emphasizing the otg feature for that unit. That may change when the underlying issues are sorted out.

Jun 4, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #3,893 of 18,020
August in China. A couple months later for the rest.

Specs on the first page, but only one card slot.
thanks for the update. A release date of october or November, works quite well for this slack dog.:)

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #3,894 of 18,020
With a 128gb version, the problems of having only one microsd slot would be solved in my view.

+1. Agree on this.

Fiio may skip the 64GB version. IMHO just 2 versions of X7, 32GB and 128GB version are sufficient.

Jun 5, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #3,897 of 18,020
Otg is not a given. Users should keep that request out in front of FIIO. At the moment the OTG feature on the x5 gen 2 is not rock solid and the company has informed, at least for now, that they are not emphasizing the otg feature for that unit. That may change when the underlying issues are sorted out.

I've been using OTG with Fiio X3ii without any issue so far. Works fine even with exFAT formatted 128 GB flash drive.

I suggest Fiio to include a short L shape OTG cable that will nicely run to the back of the player. So we can use velcro or blutack to stick whatever flash memory at the back of the player.
IF...., the OTG function is available on X7. Or, we can use it for X3ii also :wink:

Jun 5, 2015 at 3:52 AM Post #3,898 of 18,020
Priced higher than the X7 itself.

Big picture, prices for the other cards will come down, and in time the 512GB card will too.

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #3,899 of 18,020
Since the size of the Hi-Res audio files, i think there should be a model option with 512 GB. Adding a 512 GB. MicroSD gaves a total of 1 TB. of storage. This really solves the one microSD slot missing and the OTG problems and allows basically all big libraries files for all people.

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #3,900 of 18,020
  Since the size of the Hi-Res audio files, i think there should be a model option with 512 GB. Adding a 512 GB. MicroSD gaves a total of 1 TB. of storage. This really solves the one microSD slot missing and the OTG problems and allows basically all big libraries files for all people.

It would cost way too much to add such an option. It would be something, but not really feasible. We should consider that there is not much space remaining to cram more components inside the DAP, because Fiio stated that they are trying to make it as slim as possible. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back