FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Apr 11, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #3,350 of 18,020
Would be great a pre-order discount (good discount), but blind order, I mean before making all the specs official (like a blind date), somehow gambling that you will like it, you know doesn't have to be too many units :)

Apr 11, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #3,351 of 18,020
FiiO said they would have a loyal customer pre-order option, but no confirmation what that is.

X5 II will release before the X7, sometime in the beginning of summer.

X7 release is targeted near the end of summer.

Planned included amp module is the IEM module. High powered and balanced modules are separate purchases.

No amp interchangeability with the e12.

Apr 12, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #3,356 of 18,020
Did anyone mentioned a 12V or 15V DAP?  I have not seen any higher voltage DAP on the market.  I would very much like a DAP with the power to rival the bigger External/USB DAC.  High impedance HP requires more Vrms, otherwise they tend to under-perform/under-driven.

Apr 12, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #3,357 of 18,020
Thanks. I didn't know how to search. Just heard the term balanced and didn't know with what to associate it with in a search.

if you have headphones or iems that can go balanced, sometimes it sounds better, sometimes not.

i personally would say that you can judge after hearing. the difference will be minimal, like between 3 different cables.

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #3,359 of 18,020
There is a feature which I consider necessary and which should be implemented in the software - UNCONDITIONAL TURN OFF TIMER. Very often I forget my X5 in the car connected to AUX. I turn off the engine the music stops and this is when I forget that X5 is actually still on playback. When I return to the car after work I realize that the battery ran out because I hadn't turned it off and I would have to drive home without music.

Please consider adding UNCONDITIONAL TURN OFF TIMER (not a sleep timer). If I could set it for 2 hours for example that would be enough. Even if I forget to turn off the DAP on playback it will turn off by itself after the last time I touched any button on it. Hence would be beneficial if touching any button would reset it back to 2 hours for example or any time set by the user in the settings. That maybe almost unconditional but you get the idea)

PS It would be also beneficial if I fall asleep on the plane with music on for example.

Apr 15, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #3,360 of 18,020
There is a feature which I consider necessary and which should be implemented in the software - UNCONDITIONAL TURN OFF TIMER. Very often I forget my X5 in the car connected to AUX. I turn off the engine the music stops and this is when I forget that X5 is actually still on playback. When I return to the car after work I realize that the battery ran out because I hadn't turned it off and I would have to drive home without music.

Please consider adding UNCONDITIONAL TURN OFF TIMER (not a sleep timer). If I could set it for 2 hours for example that would be enough. Even if I forget to turn off the DAP on playback it will turn off by itself after the last time I touched any button on it. Hence would be beneficial if touching any button would reset it back to 2 hours for example or any time set by the user in the settings. That maybe almost unconditional but you get the idea)

PS It would be also beneficial if I fall asleep on the plane with music on for example.

+1. I depend on that feature daily with my dap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back