FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Nov 7, 2014 at 11:44 AM Post #1,081 of 18,020
Probably a minority request, but I really liked the fairly complex cable remotes that were included with the iAudio M3 and the iRiver iHP-140. You could access all relevant functions and to some more complex stuff like skipping folders with long presses etc. For some reason these type of remotes became unfashionable over time (because of touch screens?), but in my opinion offer a lot of added value. Of course the player should be fully functional even without this remote (unlike the M3). 

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #1,082 of 18,020
Can anyone reply to this?

I am not fully happy owner of hm901, MA9 and HDPr10

and if fiio 7 will:

- have 2x ES9018 (or pcm1704) like hm901 (we will pay!)
- replaceable amp card with balanced out like hm901 (we will pay!)
- replaceable battery (pack even 4 of them, for example 4 standard galaxy batteries to make +-8V!, it can get a bit bulky - its not a problem, we have nice pockets, we really don't care that much about size) like no-one here
- support for standard playlists m3u, pls files (you can compose, add entire directories or single songs to playlists) like rockbox
- more than 10000 files support like MA9 with rockbox
- physical buttons (a must! its a joke if you have to take it out of pcket each time u wanna change song)
- scan on demand option (user choose when to update library)
- magnesium bullet proof built quality (we will pay!)
- fast processor (we will pay!)

Then I would pay even 2000 pounds for it. Just make perfect device - no compromises!

There is plenty of almost perfect players. MA9 was closest perfection but its to frickin slow and no high res support!

How those requirements match current plans? :)

Anyone?

Nov 7, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #1,083 of 18,020

The reason why we choose RSA 4 pins but not TRRS,

1, Most people will have problem to identify it is TRRS or TRS. means that there will lots of customer service work.

2, We are the biggest headphone re-cable manufacture and everyone know our price is very reasonable.

3, There are RSA, ALO and Pioneer who use the 4 pin balanced connector, and I think there will have more brand use the same balanced connector when we make the decision. 

think about it, FiiO, the NO1 in mid and low end market,  RAS, ALO in the high-end market. and Pioneer is also famous brand in audio market. 

I understand. To understand a company it is a good thing to see things from their perspective. If you put it this way, it is a good, a very good ideea to put RSA 4 pin.

If i can ask for this, you should ship a cable adapter with the x7 unit?.. i would love to use a cable like that but most stores in Romania don't have this type of cable. 

EDIT::: i am sorry if this question is cheating on your products, but are you planning to release a more powerfull portable amp than fiio e12?... you said that you were working on x1 and other products... so this would interest me, as i want to buy an e12, but i would also wait if you are planning to release a better one soon.

Nov 7, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #1,084 of 18,020
  I understand. To understand a company it is a good thing to see things from their perspective. If you put it this way, it is a good, a very good ideea to put RSA 4 pin.

If i can ask for this, you should ship a cable adapter with the x7 unit?.. i would love to use a cable like that but most stores in Romania don't have this type of cable. 

EDIT::: i am sorry if this question is cheating on your products, but are you planning to release a more powerfull portable amp than fiio e12?... you said that you were working on x1 and other products... so this would interest me, as i want to buy an e12, but i would also wait if you are planning to release a better one soon.

Why on earth would you need anything more powerful than the E12? Plan on powering your entire city?:-D

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #1,087 of 18,020
First of all, I want to thank James for being a champion of a great product line whose value proposition just kicks every competition's behind.  I own an X5 and used to own an X3 and various versions of E12, and have been one happy customer over the past couple of years.

1) One thing I would really like is just a better way to search albums/songs...Just got a Sony NW-A17, and although I prefer the X5 sound, I end up using the Sony more often in portable setups, simply because I can get to songs and albums faster. I also have a Sony ZX-1, but I actually prefer carrying around A17 for the same reason.  ZX-1 has an android-based UI, but it still makes you scroll quite a bit through its GUI, whereas A17's non-android UI, while with its shortcomings, allows me to jump to different folders alphabetically (See attached photo) with just front buttons.  It really is a huge difference especially if you are talking about large storage space.  My X5 is fully decked with 250 Gbs worth of songs, and the current UI simply makes it a hassle to access, say, any artist that start with an H, for example... I know X7 will be Android-based, but having either a search function within the player app or ability to jump to different folders as seen in A17 would be very, very helpful.  

2) I think if you can include RSA-4pin LO in addition to HO - not so sure how realistic this would be - so that I can better appreciate my old RSA SR-71B or CLA Duet, that would be a huge uptick in my book, although I realize that there would be many who could care less about this feature.  

3) Finally, I want to see an optical out over the coaxial seen in previous Fiio DAPs.  I understand an optical out would likely have jitter issues and so on, but there aren't many portable DAC/Amps with coaxial input, so I think it makes sense to have an optical out.  I have always been a fan of HiFi-M8 and Theorem - in demo rooms only - but never made the plunge because my X5 only had an coaxial out.  Actually, I guess James helped me save a few bucks...

All said and done, I will still go out and get an X7 when it comes to the market even if it doesn't have all the features I want because I know it will be a great sounding player given James' track record.  Keep up the good work!

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #1,089 of 18,020
not need for two ESS9018, unless you can accept the brick size and the heavy. ( 2 ESS9018 means more battery volume )

not replaceable battery to keep the size as small as possible. also it is make thing complex to design the machine. 

for other requests, I don't see there are any problem .

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Nov 8, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #1,091 of 18,020
  Small is good.  Some of us carry our players around, so smaller=better.  

Well, I would prefer a bigger size but with a higher quality amplification since my X5 I listen to through the C5 to get the sound I want quality wise...

Nov 8, 2014 at 6:40 AM Post #1,092 of 18,020
I really didn't like the X5 with the C5.  
redface.gif
  How much power do those Sony need?  At 45 with my Fidues I'm fine.  At 55 for most any file I have I'm really fine.  At 65 for anything mastered well I'm too fine.  And at 70 (out of 120) I know I'm hurting my hearing.  I don't think I have more than five albums, mastered low in volume, that I could STAND to listen to at 70.  As to size, if Fiio can keep things small, carrying is easier.  Seems like size is on James' mind in his previous post.  

Nov 8, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #1,093 of 18,020
H3 don't need much power. I'm talking here more about quality: low noise, level of details I hear, how the bass is controlled and if it's fast and tight enough, neutral or colored sound...and my X5 is modified (DAC section is also ipmacted but still PCM) so it may sound diffirently with C5 from the stock unit.
That's why it would be nice if Fiio take the amp section of the X7 into very serious consideration, I personally will be ready to pay more for the good DAP which is good overall including headphone output as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back