FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Nov 1, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #1,021 of 18,020
I think 4 micro sd slots as one member suggested is a little over kill for any DAP. Two however for a DAP of such scale is a must and huge selling feature with purpose. Rather than load the X7 up with 4 cards like an AK47 just implement OTG storage .

i disagree here. OTG is not an option. and say, just say 3 microsd slots are not an option either... it is hard having 2 because i must get out of one and get in the other to search certain things...

i would sleep better if fiio put a 256 internal memory on it. and say 2microsd slots, this would be enough memory wise for anyone. anything over 500gb is actually not portable anymore. but i might want 500 gb portable... it would stand much better as a selling point. like it already is for ak240. the only problem is that if x7 will sound much better, have this much memory, cost about say 900, be wifi able... it will steal effectively any possible ak240 possible buyer. because this is where ak240 excels..

now i don't want to be that guy, but i doubt x7 will ever go so far.

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #1,022 of 18,020
i disagree here. OTG is not an option. and say, just say 3 microsd slots are not an option either... it is hard having 2 because i must get out of one and get in the other to search certain things...

i would sleep better if fiio put a 256 internal memory on it. and say 2microsd slots, this would be enough memory wise for anyone. anything over 500gb is actually not portable anymore. but i might want 500 gb portable... it would stand much better as a selling point. like it already is for ak240. the only problem is that if x7 will sound much better, have this much memory, cost about say 900, be wifi able... it will steal effectively any possible ak240 possible buyer. because this is where ak240 excels..

Is it because OTG storage is not an option , or because OTG storage is not an
option, for you?

Nov 1, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #1,023 of 18,020

you are the reverse to what I refer to my friends as "those guys on the fiio thread" who thinks that the X7 will include the kitchen sink at their request , 256gb internal memory would prolly hop the price quite some bit, not really something you really want when your name is not "Astell & Kern" , micro sd will only get bigger anyway

Nov 1, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #1,024 of 18,020
otg is already in x5, it will be in x7... it is not an option for me.. i mean, it really is not. it makes the player even less portable than stacking an amp. considering that flash memory is inexpensive these days, fiio could include 3 microsdcards and 256gb memory, but hoping that we will use otg is not a nice way to go. 
otg is more of an option than of a thing to add.

also, something just jumped in my mind. why not make a special packaged x7, where it would add to the price, but include more memory, or include self branded microsd cards?

Nov 1, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #1,025 of 18,020
Yes, yes I definitely see a problem here, changing cards isn't a very easy process., so best we put 4 card slots. I wish you luck with your requests, let me buy you a beer when we all run around with an X7 supporting quad external memory capabilities .

Nov 1, 2014 at 3:19 PM Post #1,026 of 18,020
I have to be able to accidentally drop it in the toilet, and it will still work.  Mmmmmm, it should come in any color available on the color chart.  Cupholder, definitely. Maybe two cupholders.   It should be able to play vinyl records natively.  I should be able to make phone calls on it.   It should have any button I might possibly need, even if I can't think of what it might be now.  And it should hold six terabytes of music and have instant access to any song from anywhere in the menu I might happen to be.  A remote-control starter for those cold days.  Oh, and built-in speakers for when I don't want to hail around my heavy iems.

Or maybe it should be able to play music with as much or more fidelity as any player on the market.  Yeah, that's what I want.  You can keep the rest of that stuff.

Nov 1, 2014 at 3:43 PM Post #1,027 of 18,020
I have to be able to accidentally drop it in the toilet, and it will still work.  Mmmmmm, it should come in any color available on the color chart.  Cupholder, definitely. Maybe two cupholders.   It should be able to play vinyl records natively.  I should be able to make phone calls on it.   It should have any button I might possibly need, even if I can't think of what it might be now.  And it should hold six terabytes of music and have instant access to any song from anywhere in the menu I might happen to be.  A remote-control starter for those cold days.  Oh, and built-in speakers for when I don't want to hail around my heavy iems.

Or maybe it should be able to play music with as much or more fidelity as any player on the market.  Yeah, that's what I want.  You can keep the rest of that stuff.

thank you so much , i just want the X7 to be this , good sounding, at least X5 grade ease of use player

Nov 1, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #1,028 of 18,020
Yes, yes I definitely see a problem here, changing cards isn't a very easy process., so best we put 4 card slots. I wish you luck with your requests, let me buy you a beer when we all run around with an X7 supporting quad external memory capabilities .

too much sarcasm. i haven't exposed my ideea clearly, due to me not being able to actually speak it in english. sorry.

with all seriousness, more than dual microsd support would be a waste, and having internal memory would be a greater way to go. but this would only be IF it would be a LOT of internal memory.

Instead of giving a poor 32gb memory, the money could be spent differently. and internal memory complicates circuits.  

bottom line of what i said is that dual microsd is enough, and only if there would ever be a possibility to make a large internal flash memory, it would be nice. Sound Quality is the most important aspect. Nothing else is more important as far as a DAP goes.

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #1,029 of 18,020

too much sarcasm. i haven't exposed my ideea clearly, due to me not being able to actually speak it in english. sorry.

with all seriousness, more than dual microsd support would be a waste, and having internal memory would be a greater way to go. but this would only be IF it would be a LOT of internal memory.

Instead of giving a poor 32gb memory, the money could be spent differently. and internal memory complicates circuits.  

bottom line of what i said is that dual microsd is enough, and only if there would ever be a possibility to make a large internal flash memory, it would be nice. Sound Quality is the most important aspect. Nothing else is more important as far as a DAP goes.

total agree with you, why waste the space in the device on inferior memory where it could have been used on other things. But they should not compromise on firmware space too like in the X5. Not enough internal storage for various firmware implementations after release. 

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #1,030 of 18,020
"Too much sarcasm. i haven't exposed my ideea clearly, due to me not being able to actually speak it in english. sorry."

My comments were not directed at any one person.  

Nov 1, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #1,031 of 18,020
  "Too much sarcasm. i haven't exposed my ideea clearly, due to me not being able to actually speak it in english. sorry."

My comments were not directed at any one person.  

You were just being the dude, man!  We must abide :) 
beerchug.gif

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #1,035 of 18,020
Good entertainment here. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back