FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Jan 28, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #8,716 of 18,020

There is additional bulk and weight using the glass screen protector. The X7 is already heavy. 

???????

The glass protector is 0.3mm thick and weighs comparatively nothing - you shouldn't notice it.  I don't anyway.

Jan 28, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #8,717 of 18,020
I had one of these on my Sony Zx2 and I personally found that it actually felt like it added quality, if that makes any sense

Yeah and it made mine more responsive to tactile feedback. Pure win-win

Quote:

There is additional bulk and weight using the glass screen protector. The X7 is already heavy. 

It's lighter than a plastic card in a wallet. I've never heard of someone raise an issue with the weight of a bank/credit card. But a leather case, now that adds a noticeable weight to already heavier daps. i.e. flip cover leather + ZX2 :p

I can't echo Paul and others' sentiment about protecting their current hearing quality enough. I'm glad if some are blessed with perfect hearing head start, but try to keep it that way as long as you can, because it's an uphill battle. And the last thing you wanna get as a music lover is the distraction of an incurable tinnitus.

@Joe Bloggs would that FW update for SQ over 3rd party apps come before or after CNY? :) That'd be a nice comparative advantage in reviewing the X7 to the DP-X1 and ZX2

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #8,718 of 18,020
Here is the Dignis case. Nice tight fit, no more opinions yet...

Is the X7 pulsar light still visible with the Dignis case? I like if if it is still visible.  Bummer I already ordered the FiiO LC-X7A case and I think this case covers up the pulsar light. 
confused.gif

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #8,719 of 18,020

X7 Accessories - LC-X7A Leatherette Cover & PF-X7 Asahi Glass

Hi team.  Received a small pack from Fiio this week and thought you guys might be interested.

[size=inherit][/size]
Asahi Glass installed - less than 5 minutes - easy
Fully protected X7 - case and glass.

Fiio says that it is dust proof, scratch proof, waterproof and finger print resistant. You do get a few smears from a lot of handling, but a heck of a lot better than the old plastic type screen protectors. I can't even really tell that it is there visually, but it is keeping the screen a lot cleaner, and doesn't seem to have affected the navigation at all.  Still really responsive.

The PF-X7 is available from Amazon at $8.00 + freight ($5), or again from Fiio's Ali-Express store ($10)

Thanks to Sunny for getting these to me.  Highly recommend both accessories.

Maybe I should have asked you first before jumping the gun and ordering the LC-X7A case.  Can you comment if the case covers up the pulsar light or is it still visible?

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #8,720 of 18,020

???????

The glass protector is 0.3mm thick and weighs comparatively nothing - you shouldn't notice it.  I don't anyway.

Pardon my mistake, I just compared it to my ipad lol. Yes, ipad's glass protector adds a bit weight and its noticable. Perhaps the smaller glass protector on X7 wont add extra weight.

Btw, why the official leather has pointy ears on the front look? I just ordered it, hope it doesnt have it

Jan 29, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #8,721 of 18,020
  Maybe I should have asked you first before jumping the gun and ordering the LC-X7A case.  Can you comment if the case covers up the pulsar light or is it still visible?

Yep it's visible.  I just have mine turned off to conserve battery.

Btw, why the official leather has pointy ears on the front look? I just ordered it, hope it doesnt have it

The top on mine is very slightly convex - so if that's what you mean by "pointy ears" - then that's the way mine is.  But really ......  you'd have to be extremely OCD to be worried about the very slight raise in the corners.  Personally - I'm getting too lost on the music to worry about the case.  It looks good.  It protects.  It's cheap.  What's not to like?

Jan 29, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #8,722 of 18,020

The top on mine is very slightly convex - so if that's what you mean by "pointy ears" - then that's the way mine is.  But really ......  you'd have to be extremely OCD to be worried about the very slight raise in the corners.  Personally - I'm getting too lost on the music to worry about the case.  It looks good.  It protects.  It's cheap.  What's not to like?

Phew.. that's reassuring to hear. Thanks for commenting back on this. If you get a chance I would love a snap shot of the case with the pulsar light ON.

Jan 29, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #8,723 of 18,020
Not the best photo - but you get the gist .....

Jan 29, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #8,724 of 18,020
can this use google play music yet? or has future support been announced for it?

Jan 29, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #8,725 of 18,020
  Not the best photo - but you get the gist .....

thanks for uploading this request! Yeah i get the idea. Looks great!

Jan 29, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #8,726 of 18,020

You are right! as long as it protective enough. The X7 sounded soooo good and I got easily lost on the music :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back