FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Sep 15, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #766 of 18,020
Ok so it should have the X5 form factor, plus Fiio to Fiio wifi transfer capabilities, at least 10h battery life, wireless small remote control, wireless charging, second headphone jack and some quality wood insertion here and there.:) You'll have the ultimate player.

Sep 15, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #767 of 18,020
After owning the X5 for some time here are the things I would expect out of my x7 DAP.

#1 Must have bluetooth, audiophile bluetooth if it is available by the time X7 is out.  I love listening to lossless tracks on my x5 but during a party I simply want to connect it via bluetooth to a high-quality audio stereo.  I don't want to use my noisy phone to do this.

Sep 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #768 of 18,020
  Ok so it should have the X5 form factor, plus Fiio to Fiio wifi transfer capabilities, at least 10h battery life, wireless small remote control, wireless charging, second headphone jack and some quality wood insertion here and there.:) You'll have the ultimate player.

No you won't. Too much emphasis on extras which will take away from what is essential. If this is an audiophile player, that is a player for people who appreciate better sound, emphasis should be placed there, rather than on doodads.
I want a player that sounds good, good build quality and good UI. The rest is....gaslight.

Sep 15, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #770 of 18,020

No you won't. Too much emphasis on extras which will take away from what is essential. If this is an audiophile player, that is a player for people who appreciate better sound, emphasis should be placed there, rather than on doodads.
I want a player that sounds good, good build quality and good UI. The rest is....gaslight.

Of course mate. Everyboy was asking for that already. I just posted a little extra that will hopefully put Apple out of business. :)

Sep 15, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #771 of 18,020
The description by James on the first page seems to be nearly perfect for $699, I just have some minor observations

a) Android is the new craze in daps but sounds as '' Deja vu '' : ZX1,DX100,HDP-R10,AK100 II, AK120 II, AK240, PLENUE 1 etc , the competition will be tough at $699, that's just $50 less than ZX1 and about $100 cheaper than DX100

b) Sabre ES9018 DAC = HDP-R10 , challenging this dap is quite risky

c) Big touch screen : not everybody like that, some may have the needs to change the track without looking at the screen, at least an hybrid should please everyone '' small touch screen + physical buttons''

I think that Fiio should focus on max $500 to release the future best seller, rising up to 700 bucks is risky , people buy Fiio products instead of others mainly because of the low price tag, as long as it's affordable for everyone.

I personnally tried the X5 , the sound quality is very good but build quality is quite weak on the scrolling wheel and flaps covering microsd cards, poor UI lacking precision, this dap is perfect for $350 and can go up to $400 but at the risk of challenging DX90, which means that the actual price position of the X5 and even the X3 are perfect.

Sep 15, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #772 of 18,020
  The description by James on the first page seems to be nearly perfect for $699, I just have some minor observations

a) Android is the new craze in daps but sounds as '' Deja vu '' : ZX1,DX100,HDP-R10,AK100 II, AK120 II, AK240, PLENUE 1 etc , the competition will be tough at $699, that's just $50 less than ZX1 and about $100 cheaper than DX100

b) Sabre ES9018 DAC = HDP-R10 , challenging this dap is quite risky

c) Big touch screen : not everybody like that, some may have the needs to change the track without looking at the screen, at least an hybrid should please everyone '' small touch screen + physical buttons''

I think that Fiio should focus on max $500 to release the future best seller, rising up to 700 bucks is risky , people buy Fiio products instead of others mainly because of the low price tag, as long as it's affordable for everyone.

I personnally tried the X5 , the sound quality is very good but build quality is quite weak on the scrolling wheel and flaps covering microsd cards, poor UI lacking precision, this dap is perfect for $350 and can go up to $400 but at the risk of challenging DX90, which means that the actual price position of the X5 and even the X3 are perfect.

You are right about the risky part but they can release the product in 2 maybe 3 versions. Everybody will be happy

Sep 15, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #773 of 18,020

I'm not convinced.............

Sep 15, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #776 of 18,020
------------------------------------------updated on 3st, May, 2014-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
Here we have some decision about our new flagship portable DAP as below.

Model NO. X7

ETA: 2015

M.S.R.P:   $699 in U.S

OS: Custom OS based on Android, can supports some third party APP from our website.

Weight: Less than 300g

Size: thickness will be almost the same as X5 , the other size is almost the same as 5 inch Android Phone.

Screen: 3.5 inch ~ 4.3 inch Full Touch Screen. To be decided.

Key layout: Full touch control+ Bottoms+ Volume Knobs

Output power: > 300mW/32 ohms, Power supply: +/- 6V ~ +/-11 V  . To be Decided.

Playtime: 10 hours

Battery: Build in Battery.

Data transfer: USB 2.0 ( Micro USB), WiFi

Blue Tooth: YES , supports APTX

DAC chip: ESS9018 , not ESS9018M2K, The ES9018 includes 8 channels DAC which means it is equal to 4 X ESS9018M2K

Enclosure: Metal

Build in memory: To be decided.

Extra Memory: Micro SD slot X 2

Accessory : Leather Case X 1,  Micro USB cable X 1, 

--------------------------------------------------------------One of the rending design picture of x7----------------------------------------------

Note this design had been denied  cause I am not satisfy with it .

That looks brilliant to me so I can only imagine how nice your final, agreed design looks, James!

Sep 15, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #778 of 18,020
Love the design direction you're going in. Can't wait to see the next version!

Sep 15, 2014 at 11:41 PM Post #779 of 18,020
Screen size 3.5 inch will be very nice!!!

Sep 16, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #780 of 18,020
I would prefer something like 2.8- 3.0 inches so that there could be more rooms for physical buttons, a bigger screen means no buttons , heavier, less comfortable, battery killer and will be too smartphone like, people need music on a dap , its not supposed to offer picture gallery or video playback and fancy features

Users who are viewing this thread

Back