FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi | Bluetooth | 4 AMP modules | Balanced Out |
Nov 19, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #17,866 of 18,020
Oh come on, do you have any idea how much Foster TH900 cost? It's absurd. $1200 to $2400. No way, not in this lifetime. Give me a good pair of in-ear to do the job. Even One More Quad for $150 I think would suffice.

I would if I could maybe buy the foster's but, nhaaaa.
I bought used ones for around $700. Yes, still pretty expensive, but for a headphone that really does the magic like I have never heared before on other ones, I had to buy them. My before beloved AKG K400 EPs also do the magic (and are WAY cheaper) but are just not als detailed and clear as the TH900.
I have compared a LOT of headphones. But 98% where so boring to listen to, that I would not waste one minute of my lifetime using them. Try yourself if a headphone makes you almost cry on sad songs and want to dance on happy songs. In my experience most headphone completely fail on that. In my signature you will find the few ones, that I found. I would maybe add HD800S (that I compared once but don't own).
It is up to you, but what is $700 for being able to listen to life feeling music afterwards. IMO a nobrainer for people that seriously want to listen to music at home.
For on the way I am still using my good old TripleFi 10 (for the same reason of being really engaging).

Nov 20, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #17,867 of 18,020
Any one successful connect FiiOX7 with Grace M9XX through USB OTG? If yes, please instruct me to connect.

BTW, I bought Usb otg from Amazon, which I can use with my LG V20 with M9xx. Do I need to buy FiiO's USB otg cable?

Jan 16, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #17,868 of 18,020
I purchased this just over a year ago. I don't use it more than a few times a month. Yesterday I was playing music and charging. However, even though the charge said 100%, if i looked at the screen with just the battery icon, the battery was all white. This morning I plugged it in again, says 100%, battery is completely white. I took it off the charger and put it away. Now a few hours later, the battery is dead as the device will not turn on. It also does not respond to a charge. No blue light, no nothing. I am able to charge other devices with the plug and cable so its not that.

It seems as if my battery has bricked. Is there anything I can do with the existing battery to get it started? Can the battery be replaced? I have an X1 and X5, both with 1000s more hours of listening on them and neither one has an issue with the battery (there are other issues such as the X5 has a broken line-out and the X1 still has a flaky wheel)

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #17,869 of 18,020
I purchased this just over a year ago. I don't use it more than a few times a month. Yesterday I was playing music and charging. However, even though the charge said 100%, if i looked at the screen with just the battery icon, the battery was all white. This morning I plugged it in again, says 100%, battery is completely white. I took it off the charger and put it away. Now a few hours later, the battery is dead as the device will not turn on. It also does not respond to a charge. No blue light, no nothing. I am able to charge other devices with the plug and cable so its not that.

It seems as if my battery has bricked. Is there anything I can do with the existing battery to get it started? Can the battery be replaced? I have an X1 and X5, both with 1000s more hours of listening on them and neither one has an issue with the battery (there are other issues such as the X5 has a broken line-out and the X1 still has a flaky wheel)

I am fairly sure the battery can easily be replaced, if you can source it locally.

@FiiO May also be able to help somehow :)

Jan 17, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #17,870 of 18,020

Dear friend,

Please try to connect the X7 to the computer and charge it via the computer for some time. Then hold the power button for at least 15s while connecting.

If the issue remains, please contact support@fiio.com about that.

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 18, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #17,872 of 18,020
This is off-topic, but it's so funny you both mentioned J3 battery life - I replaced my J3 battery just 48 hours ago!
ksc75smile.gif

8 hours is definitely not up-to-standard for the J3.

FWIW, if anyone randomly reading this has a J3 in need of a new battery, just buy a genuine Sony BA700 battery and solder the original J3 wires onto the contacts (N.B.: remember to remove the microSD card before you attempt to remove the J3 back cover!)

Here's a pic of mine:

Works like a charm, and it's 1500mah instead of the original 1120mah.

Don't get a copy battery - they have fake protection circuits, which can be highly dangerous.

Now...back to the X7
wink_face.gif

If you have more info/instructions I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #17,873 of 18,020
Hi,
The X7 doesn't support Aptx-hd. We have contacted Qualcomm for modifying but seems they haven't done by now. Sorry if bringing inconvenience to you.
Best regards
This latest and last note about no aptX-HD support in the X7 (gen 1) is from late 2017. Did a firmware update ever correct/added the support? Please advise. Thank you.

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:35 PM Post #17,875 of 18,020
Feb 1, 2019 at 1:42 AM Post #17,879 of 18,020
Hi friends .

I want to go back to the previous version of my Fiio MK II that I updated yesterday. This new update does not have Viper Effect and so it does not suit me! It's absurd to go without the Viper Effect. How to go back to the previous version where my Viper Effect was all released? By Fiio Mark II himself I could not return. Thank you.

Feb 1, 2019 at 2:29 AM Post #17,880 of 18,020
I want to go back to the previous version of my Fiio MK II that I updated yesterday. This new update does not have Viper Effect and so it does not suit me! It's absurd to go without the Viper Effect. How to go back to the previous version where my Viper Effect was all released? By Fiio Mark II himself I could not return. Thank you.

The thread you want to ask about X7 mk II things is https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...-aptx-dual-msd-dual-band-wifi-opt-out.854353/

now as far as going back, here just install the apk for the old music app, then you dont have to roll back the entire firmware.

here is the old player http://fiio-file.fiio.net/FiiO Music3.4.3.apk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back