Fiio X5iii Firmware Modification Project - PURIST REMIXED WITH 1.0.9 KERNEL
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #17 of 298
I'm going to try WindowsX's free ROM offer until I can get enough money to pay for the Purist ROM with the sound quality and battery life customizations.  I just have a question about the paid-for ROM; if FiiO upgrades their version firmware to add new functionality (or kill some bugs), would I have to purchase another updated Purist ROM or are updates to newer versions included in the price?  It wouldn't really be an issue except FiiO seems to put out a version update every other week...
wink_face.gif

Cheers and Thanks in advance!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #18 of 298
  I'm going to try WindowsX's free ROM offer until I can get enough money to pay for the Purist ROM with the sound quality and battery life customizations.  I just have a question about the paid-for ROM; if FiiO upgrades their version firmware to add new functionality (or kill some bugs), would I have to purchase another updated Purist ROM or are updates to newer versions included in the price?  It wouldn't really be an issue except FiiO seems to put out a version update every other week...
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Paid ROM..? What?

Mar 30, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #19 of 298
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Updates are included. 

Mar 30, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #20 of 298
Hi, I'm will be getting the x5 iii in the near future, and I'm interested in the purist rom but do not see any info about its added cost anywhere.

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #22 of 298

Paid ROM..? What?

WindowsX offers an even more customized ROM with sound and battery life customizations for a fee (PM him and he'll send you the price list).  The free version is a "Demo" of his work.  The paid version (or Purist) is for people that want to use the X5iii more in Pure Music mode without the streaming and android third party apps or "sound enhancements".  For example, PowerAmp will not work with the Purist ROM.

Updates are included. 

Great, Thanks!  That's awesome!
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #23 of 298
  WindowsX offers a more customized ROM with sound and battery life customizations for a fee.  (PM him and he'll send you the price list).  This is for people that want to use the X5iii more in Pure Music mode without the streaming and android third party apps or "sound enhancements".  For example, PowerAmp will not work with the Purist ROM.
Great, Thanks!  That's awesome!
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Ah ha! Ok. Great. Thanks. :) 

Mar 30, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #24 of 298
Thank you dear sir, using the free version now, my X5iii is more "snapier". I will test the sound tomorrow, but even without testing it, this ROM is fantastic. Great job.

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #25 of 298
Been listening on this ROM for the past few hours, Wow! It really sounds phenomenal! Bigger stage, more separation between left and right, more clarity, just all around better. Thanks for doing this, really liking it :)

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #26 of 298

Paid ROM..? What?

What?

Paid?

The tool to open and the framework of the firmware are FiiO's. When did paying become a part of this. Was the 1st post edited? I misread or something. I'll go back and read again

Many thanks to Fiio team for providing firmware upgrade tool. I hope you guys will enjoy this ROM.

Regards,
Keetakawee

You borrowed a friends FiiO

**correct me where needed**

You are of the opinion that a previous version sounds better. ( I think that's a whole lot of... cool story bruh)
You got an upgrade tool from FiiO
The original firmware was made by FiiO

You are currently offering a demo version and a pay version of.

I am flagging this thread as it seems a bit shady.
FiiO is allowing you to profit from the editing of their code? Really?

• A Member of the Trade may not post announcements, advertisements, sales information or the like, including classifieds or pictures, about a product he makes or sells in the Main Forums, or via Private Messaging, unless pre-approved by the site's administrators.
  • A Member of the Trade may not--via the forums or Private Messaging--volunteer any information about a specific product that he is selling or making, in response to a general request for information about a type of product or in any other discussion in the Main Forums.
  • A Member of the Trade may not post subjective assessments or negative comments about the products/services of competitors.
  • A Member of the Trade may not review (or make any subjective assessments of) his or her services and/or products he or she manufacturers, represents, sells.
  • Head-Fi Private Messaging is not to be used for unsolicited advertising. Using Head-Fi Private Messaging for unsolicited advertising may result in at least a temporary ban of the sender from Head-Fi.

I originally became aware of custom ROM's in the main thread.

I was unaware that they were of any cost. I come here and it is a hook for a paid version. The price of which is stated via PM

Now,

If I am wrong a mod will delete

This was mentioned in the main forum in the device thread ( see #1)

The MOT claims his version is superior to the original. (see #4)

Is using Head Fi PM for negotiating (see #2 and 5)

I will delete this or it will be deleted if I am wrong. This seems shady. I would not do it for free based on the MOT's claim and I sure would not pay. I used to do X5 theme mods with Relic and others. The concept of making a profit in any way via FiiO's work was never a consideration. I spent days of my life for others enjoyment.

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #27 of 298
What?

Paid?

The tool to open and the framework of the firmware are FiiO's. When did paying become a part of this. Was the 1st post edited? I misread or something. I'll go back and read again

**correct me where needed**

You are of the opinion that a previous version sounds better. ( I think that's a whole lot of... cool story bruh)
You got an upgrade tool from FiiO
The original firmware was made by FiiO

You are currently offering a demo version and a pay version of.

I am flagging this thread as it seems a bit shady.
FiiO is allowing you to profit from the editing of their code? Really?

Look. It was never my intention to sell the ROM here. I improved the ROM for free and people have no problems in using it. Some want better sound quality, more battery life, root support and so on. They did pay for those extra services I put on since it's time consuming to modify, repack, test. Again and again for days and nights. Spending hours of uploading big files for each person.

Since people started to ask for my extra mods, I already contacted head-fi to become sponsor so I can help them ethically. I'm waiting for their reply now.

Regards,
Windows X

Mar 31, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #29 of 298
Does the free one still let Spotify work? It may solve my offline tracks keep being lost?
Does it stop the Blue light in the power button always being on in standby ?

Mar 31, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #30 of 298
Look. It was never my intention to sell the ROM here. I improved the ROM for free and people have no problems in using it. Some want better sound quality, more battery life, root support and so on. They did pay for those extra services I put on since it's time consuming to modify, repack, test. Again and again for days and nights. Spending hours of uploading big files for each person.

Since people started to ask for my extra mods, I already contacted head-fi to become sponsor so I can help them ethically. I'm waiting for their reply now.

Regards,
Windows X

Until Head-Fi replies to you you should not have made this thread as the rules for MOT clearly state so you are already wrong.

A Member of the Trade may not post announcements, advertisements, sales information or the like, including classifieds or pictures, about a product he makes or sells in the Main Forums, or via Private Messaging, unless pre-approved by the site's administrators.

I spent days of my life doing mods, differ kind but I did custom requests and passed them via dropbox and never made a cent. More than 24,000 DL's of the themes and I was happy that folks liked em' Flashed firmwares 1000+ times maybe waaaay more. It ain't that big a deal. editing pixels or editing code. Just a time consumer.

For the folks saying it's cool no worries.

No. The rules are cool . Follow them. If I am wrong or out of line this will be gone. Nothing person windows x. If you had already cleared this with head-fi my 1st post would be deleted by me already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back