Fiio X5iii Firmware Modification Project - PURIST REMIXED WITH 1.0.9 KERNEL
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #271 of 298
That

That's the first time I prefer the stock vs purist (love the much better subbass extension). But I understand that the majority might prefer 1.1.1 :)

Yes, I think so.
It's very first time that I'm disappointed with public purist ROM 1.1.6.
Cymbals sound like it's condensed and dirty.
For now, stock ROM 1.1.6 is much better than public Purist ROM.

The best Purist was Purist 1.0.9 but majority asked for 1.1.1 kernel. If there's enough demand for 1.1.6 kernel, I'll change kernel to 1.1.6 which should sound better to your liking. Please vote. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #273 of 298
Yes. You can vote by posting reply and I'll check for public interests. I don't think advanced ROM users with 1.0.9 will have issue with sound quality though. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jun 19, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #274 of 298
Hello everyone.
Buy this DAP with ROM 1.1.4 installed.
Honestly its sound is too soft, without dynamics, I wanted to install the WindowsX firmware but it is impossible, I can not find the way to reconcile the device on my PC (Win 7 X64)
Is it possible to downgrade to official 1.0.9 ROM or not worth it?
Thank you

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2017 at 7:06 AM Post #275 of 298
Jun 20, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #277 of 298
Thanks WindowsX, you say your Firmware or the official 1.0.9 Fiio rom ?

I recommend to try my firmware first. I'm checking if people prefer new 1.1.6 over 1.1.1 right now. Most people said no to 1.0.9 due to WiFi wake lock issue.

Jun 20, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #278 of 298
Impossible to install your Firmware for me, Windows 7 does not recognize the device when I try to install the driver, I try everything, but I can't.
After that install 1.1.6 Official ROM, but the sound is still boring and dull.

I can not find a way to solve the driver problem

It's a shame if the sound improves so much

Thanks anyway.

Jun 21, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #279 of 298
Impossible to install your Firmware for me, Windows 7 does not recognize the device when I try to install the driver, I try everything, but I can't.
After that install 1.1.6 Official ROM, but the sound is still boring and dull.

I can not find a way to solve the driver problem

It's a shame if the sound improves so much

Thanks anyway.

I recommend to try different USB port and use manual drive installation from Device Manager. You can also use this driver installer to resolve driver issue too.

https://androidmtk.com/download-rockchip-driver-assistant

Regards,
Keetakawee

Jun 21, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #280 of 298
Thank you very much WindowsX , it was a driver problem, it is solved thanks for your help

I was already going crazy !!

Now the Fiio X5 Gen 3 sounds really good, with spark, not so boring, I greatly improve the sound

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 3:44 AM Post #285 of 298
I was trying out WindowsX Purist Firmware based in 1.1.6 kernel several hours, and I understand why some people like the stock version more.

It is simple, by the artificial extension of the bass and the "laid back" highs.
It is a more "easy" sound for many, especially for those who listen music with a lot of bass

But it lacks detail and the bass is deliberately exaggerated.
IMHO: It is true that the WindowsX firmware would have to be polished a bit, but as this it had much higher SQ than the stock firmware, so far.

I have tried it with a Hifiman 400i and also by line-out with an Accuphase C-265 with Focal SM9 Studio Monitors, this is where the best SQ is seen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back