FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123
Jan 18, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #317 of 1,895
So far, it seems like the X5 is full of win. I cannot wait to get my mitts on this - my inner-hype voice is very enthusiastic right now.

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #322 of 1,895

Have you (or anyone) tried connecting the X5 from lineout to a serious home audio system preamp?  Is the sound still neutral, or does it have the same mid-bass bump that plagues the X3? 

No, and sadly I don't think I will have the chance.

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #323 of 1,895
  I got home a bit earlier and have been listening to the X5 through my Flat 4 Suis.... I love this player. Sounds very good. Fiio surpassed my expectations. Silky smooth sound. Spacious, detailed, slightly warm but on the neutral side to my ears. Just love the contrast and texture of the sound. Separation is good. Vocals really stand out for me. Very natural, easy on the ears yet not rolled off or overly smooth. Very well done Fiio.

I think you put it in much better words what my experience is so far.
Couldn't agree more.

Jan 18, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #324 of 1,895
There is no onboard storage...

HYNIX H8BCS0UN0MCR-46M around 4G+2G is seen in the picture here - 

but the storage is probably for system data only not for media files.

The new X5 model looks very promising. Again like with X3 model I see no firmware from Fiio to help with restoring if player gets bricked one day. It is a pity.

Jan 18, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #325 of 1,895
A serious question, very important basic feature for me:

Does X5 support true gapless playback in folder view playing mode? If someone can test and tell me the answer, I would be so happy.

Jan 18, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #326 of 1,895
  A serious question, very important basic feature for me:

Does X5 support true gapless playback in folder view playing mode? If someone can test and tell me the answer, I would be so happy.

+1 That's what I am wondering as well.  Gapless is the big issue for me.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #328 of 1,895
How about the intuitiveness of the controls?  Is it easy to control the X5 while not looking at the buttons?  Are the control buttons in logical, intuitive places, or are the controls counter-intuitive like the X3? 

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #330 of 1,895
  How about the intuitiveness of the controls?  Is it easy to control the X5 while not looking at the buttons?  Are the control buttons in logical, intuitive places, or are the controls counter-intuitive like the X3?

Very intuitive, if you are an ex iPod Classic user, you'll pick it up pretty quickly. The bottom right and left buttons are for navigating songs forward and backward and fast forward/fast rewind. The center button is for selection and play pause plus volume display. The top right button is for screen backward action (one click get you one menu level backward, press and hold get you back to the main menu). The top left button is for shortcuts and main menu. It will take you literally few minutes to get the hang of it.

So if you have the X5 in your pocket, the bottom right and left buttons plus center buttons are the only ones you need to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back