FiiO X5 preview world tour--tour members, claim your souvenir for the X5 tour! p.123
Feb 16, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #1,307 of 1,895
  It would be a welcome addition to have the option - I hope they are able to add this in the future. I'm much more concerned about bugs in the UI, but this is worthy of attention on second thought. I think your perception of what is happening may be a bit off, but I do see your point at the same time (though this part of the UI doesn't bother me personally).

If you focus on the circle of icons as the part that is moving in the UI, than it does seem to move in the wrong direction. If you focus on the stationary highlight/select bar as the part that is moving, than it is moving clockwise as expected. The thing that I believe makes this seem off/weird/screwy is the circle on the left of the screen does appear to be moving (the light changes to give it a spinning effect even though it isn't clear which direction it is spinning) when you move the wheel - I think this creates the illusion that it is the wheel of icons which is being moved which can be perceived as a flaw.

well its good that you can see where others are coming from.  

I don't think our perception is wrong as more than 1 person see's it this way, not saying how you see it is wrong.  

Thinking that stationary highlighted bar as the moving object still doesn't make sense, as its not moving.   The icons are, simple as that.  Sure you can make yourself think of it that way but at first glance, no one would think of it that way as there is a part that is moving and a part that isnt.

And how the inner small circle spins is obvious.  If it spun the opposite direction it would have to travel like 350 degrees on its axis; which would not be proportionate on the amount you moved the physical clickwheel.

If you have to explain this much e.g. which part is stationary, which part moves, don't pay attention to half the screen, imagine gears.....then its simply not intuitive.  

I just completely gave up using the wheel and use the two bottom buttons to move the icons.  

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #1,308 of 1,895

well its good that you can see where others are coming from.  

I don't think our perception is wrong as more than 1 person see's it this way, not saying how you see it is wrong.  

Thinking that stationary highlighted bar as the moving object still doesn't make sense, as its not moving.   The icons are, simple as that.  Sure you can make yourself think of it that way but at first glance, no one would think of it that way as there is a part that is moving and a part that isnt.

And how the inner small circle spins is obvious.  If it spun the opposite direction it would have to travel like 350 degrees on its axis; which would not be proportionate on the amount you moved the physical clickwheel.

If you have to explain this much e.g. which part is stationary, which part moves, don't pay attention to half the screen, imagine gears.....then its simply not intuitive.  

I just completely gave up using the wheel and use the two bottom buttons to move the icons.  

You're right - the inner wheel does follow the physical wheel's movements. Ultimately, it moves in two directions on the UI. Letting it drive you crazy is a choice imo.

Feb 16, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #1,309 of 1,895
Something else I noticed about the UI is the "Now Playing" icon can be improved (imo). If you select it, you do see what is playing. When you click the upper right button to back out, it brings you immediately back to the main screen instead of the folder that the currently playing song is from. It would have better functionality if it brought you to the song's folder where you can then navigate to another folder/album by clicking the upper right button once more. As it is now, your option is to pause the song using the center of the wheel, play the previous or next song using the bottom two buttons, or use the scroll wheel to choose another song from the same album/folder. Anybody care to share thoughts on this? Teke, I may have found a part of the UI that drives me nuts - I guess the X5 has something for everybody lol.

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #1,310 of 1,895
I upgraded to firmware 1.1 and the first observation apart from the same sound quality as 1.0 is that the track scrubber moves super fast, too fast for accurate scrubbing. It's probably easy to change though (version 1.11 maybe).

Oh, and the other observation I was going to type up was if you lock the screen and you press any button, the screen lights up with a "you must unlock this device before using" kind of message. Not a big deal, but it might be annoying for some.

Something else I noticed about the UI is the "Now Playing" icon can be improved (imo). If you select it, you do see what is playing. When you click the upper right button to back out, it brings you immediately back to the main screen instead of the folder that the currently playing song is from. It would have better functionality if it brought you to the song's folder where you can then navigate to another folder/album by clicking the upper right button once more. As it is now, your option is to pause the song using the center of the wheel, play the previous or next song using the bottom two buttons, or use the scroll wheel to choose another song from the same album/folder. Anybody care to share thoughts on this? Teke, I may have found a part of the UI that drives me nuts - I guess the X5 has something for everybody lol.

Yeah I noticed that too. I'm guessing the X5 remembers that the main menu was the last thing you browsed and it brings you back there upon pressing the back button.

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #1,311 of 1,895
Oh, and the other observation I was going to type up was if you lock the screen and you press any button, the screen lights up with a "you must unlock this device before using" kind of message. Not a big deal, but it might be annoying for some.
Yeah I noticed that too.

Actually this will be a disaster for burning out the battery if you are carrying the X5 in a pocket. And yes, it's really annoying.

So please feel free to vote for Bug 45. :)

(It's already been confirmed as a bug fix but more votes can't hurt.)

Feb 17, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #1,312 of 1,895

Yeah I noticed that too.

Actually this will be a disaster for burning out the battery if you are carrying the X5 in a pocket. And yes, it's really annoying.

So please feel free to vote for Bug 45. :)

(It's already been confirmed as a bug fix but more votes can't hurt.)

Hm..."an EXCELLENT suggestion Professor Snape!" - Gilderoy Lockhart from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets movie
XD

[video]http://youtu.be/vEPhYhKdJ7k?t=1m55s[/video]

+3 votes there

The X5's protruding buttons make them really easy to press, hence why I never use "lockscreen 2" where the volume, center button, and bottom 2 buttons become active even if the screen is off. I can definitely see the battery life being drained faster with this kind of use.

Feb 17, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #1,313 of 1,895
Cool. Thanks!

More lock screen options is another confirmed fix. So with the warnings gone and a volume buttons only option, the X5 should be plenty pocket friendly.

Looking forward to the next firmware upgrade.

Feb 17, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #1,314 of 1,895
Cool. Thanks!

More lock screen options is another confirmed fix. So with the warnings gone and a volume buttons only option, the X5 should be plenty pocket friendly.

Looking forward to the next firmware upgrade.

+1 Additional lock screen options was eminent but the design of it lead to more. I don't know if I would have gone that road or just enunciate all buttons on a option screen and let the user the ability to select his/her configuration, of course making sure you don't end up with a brick.

Nice to see the bugs and enhancements being captured and worked in the final product, one more way to listen to your customers. :wink:

Feb 17, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #1,315 of 1,895
Bug 30 (enhancement) How about increasing the autopower off option to 30 minutes max in increment of 5 minutes if they can or continuously from 1 to 30?
8 minutes seems to be too short and to disable it could potentially lead to battery depletions.

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #1,316 of 1,895
Does anyone encounter a problem with the 'last position' option ? Powered on the device , song started playing , pressed back and the song list is empty , need to go back to main menu and back the browse songs to 'refresh' back the list . Is this considered a bug ? 

Feb 17, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #1,317 of 1,895
  Does anyone encounter a problem with the 'last position' option ? Powered on the device , song started playing , pressed back and the song list is empty , need to go back to main menu and back the browse songs to 'refresh' back the list . Is this considered a bug ? 

I don't think that is actually a bug. However.. spin the scroll wheel in the Now Playing screen and you will have access to all songs in that 'last position album' which is what you apparently want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back