FiiO X5 beta firmware 2.06beta-2.07beta download and discussion: all sorts of sorting improvements!
Aug 10, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #181 of 189

As I mentioned, this is a problem with 24 bit flac files.  All my music is in flac format.  The cards are 64 GB A-Data class 10 bought from a reputable brick and mortar store and defect free.  when i had earler problems with 24 bit playback, I deleted album art from the troubled albums.  The HD tracks files have embedded album art, but I don't know the resolution.  I use Linux and don't have tag reading/manipulation software installed.

I'm not a Linux user so can't give direct help, but many media player / manager programs allow you to edit tags, including artwork so there's bound to be an easy way to do this on Linux with just a little searching

Aug 11, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #182 of 189

As I mentioned, this is a problem with 24 bit flac files.  All my music is in flac format.  The cards are 64 GB A-Data class 10 bought from a reputable brick and mortar store and defect free.  when i had earler problems with 24 bit playback, I deleted album art from the troubled albums.  The HD tracks files have embedded album art, but I don't know the resolution.  I use Linux and don't have tag reading/manipulation software installed.

I'm on Windows so I can't tell you if this is any good, but it's supposedly a Linux alternative to Mp3tag.

puddletag.sourceforge.net

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #185 of 189
  Hello,
Is there any change in sound between 2.03 and 2.07 ?

On 2.07, when you play FLAC 24/88.2, sound sometimes glitches. Almost regularly every two minutes.

Regards.

I have an album from Holly cole which is 24/88.2 in Flac. I didn't notice any glitch, but I will check again.
I will see if I can convert it to other formats and try them.
I have the "The Ultimate Headphone Demonstration Disc" from Dr Chesky, which is even higher resolution (24/192 Flac). I wil check that album again too.

How do those glitches sound anyway? Like clicks?

I just checked, but noticed nothing unusual.

Would it be possible that the glitches are in the files themself? Is there a way to check that?

Aug 12, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #186 of 189
Hi,
It sound's like listenind underwater. It lasts for 2-3 sec. 
But i found solution. It happens when i put files on my sd card through my laptops sd card slot. But when i put it vi X5 nothing happens. 

Aug 15, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #189 of 189

Users who are viewing this thread

Back