FIIO X5 2nd gen firmware FW1.0
Jul 7, 2015 at 9:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dudiadudia1

100+ Head-Fier
【FiiO X5 2nd gen】FW1.0 introduces new features and improvements for X5 2nd gen   

1.Removed 5800 track limit to media library scan.   

mine came with 1.0 so not sure what was going on b4 that :)

link

Jul 10, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #2 of 7
Hello dudiadudia1,

The notice was meant to point out improvements of the X5 2nd gen's firmware over that of previous X players in general :)

Cheers,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 28, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #3 of 7
It happened twice within the last two days: After being switched on, my X5 II refused to play the displayed song with coaxial cable inserted (and «coaxial» selected). Also, the elapsed time display was missing (which would have been «0 s»). As soon as the cable was removed, the song was playable. The same with attached coaxial cable and «line out» selected. To fix the issue, I reinstalled the firmware.

The second time this happened (today) I got this kind of screen after the player was switched off:

Actually it's from the X5 (1st gen.) thread.

A reset fixed the issue.

I never had this sort of issue with the player before since the few weeks I have it. Why now?

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #4 of 7
I am super confused. Got Fiio x5 second gen. Been trying to update firmware as per manual instructions but it wont happen. Is the pre installed firmware {X5ii FW1.0} the current, most latest or should i be installing the X5 FW2.5?

Either way, I am struggling. I had first unit replaced for that dodgy sideways screen error box. But that unit accepted a firmware update. Have followed the ritual stated in the manual religiously, ie fat 32 format on a 32gb or less sandisc card.  Turn off, hold top left menu button down and power up. But i get 'update file not found' yet it's clearly on the micro sd card as it shows up when i connect the unit to my pc. 

Feeling a little like homer simpson here. 

Jul 29, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #6 of 7
Thank you, I eventually found the 1.0 2nd gen firmware that loaded up straight away. Merely replacing like with like but dispelling my fear I had a dap that wasn't able to update. I now realise what a goose I've been but giddy as a kipper that all is good. Current support is for two separate128gb hard drives?

DAP/Fiio Newbie 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back