Apr 28, 2014 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Flomet

100+ Head-Fier
Just to let everybody know that the X5 firmware 2.0 is up on the Fiio site

Apr 28, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #5 of 23
Have a look here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ejr4hpskrxeuylt/X5-FW2.0.zip

May 2, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #9 of 23
Is it possible to revert back to the original firmware if v2.0 doesn't suit?

Yes you can go back to 1.2 if you so wish, just use the same method.

May 4, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #11 of 23
Just got my x5 and two 128gb cards. With firmware 2.0 installed the max size of library is 5800 tracks. Needs to be much larger to take advantage of all this memory. At least 4 times larger.
The gapless works perfect.
Also needs multi playlists.
I also have an x3, both the x3 and x5 are fine examples of hardware. They both need greatly improved firmware to be world class DAP's
...............Jim

May 4, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #12 of 23
Just got my x5 and two 128gb cards. With firmware 2.0 installed the max size of library is 5800 tracks. Needs to be much larger to take advantage of all this memory. At least 4 times larger.
The gapless works perfect.
Also needs multi playlists.
I also have an x3, both the x3 and x5 are fine examples of hardware. They both need greatly improved firmware to be world class DAP's
...............Jim

Did you manage to install both the X3 and X5 USB drivers onto your computer?
When I tried, the X5 driver uninstalled the X3 one, so it doesn't seem as though you can have both drivers on the same PC.
Any experience and thoughts on this?

May 6, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #14 of 23
I've just updated to firmware 2.0. One of the neater improvement is on USB dac mode the LCD doesn't turns on all the time and volume control works without turning on the screen

May 7, 2014 at 9:54 AM Post #15 of 23
I've also updated mine just now to the 2.0 firmware. On Fiio's website there is a news release about all the vast improvements, including "Improved UI of Play All and Browse Files." I took this to mean that I could now choose to play all songs by a particular band or artist, and not just select individual albums to play. I was wrong - still can't play all by an artist.  I haven't really noticed any significant changes to the UI - if somebody could point them out - that would be great.

I will listen for awhile now, and check out the apparently improved gapless feature playback, for which I am excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back