FiiO X5 1st gen: final firmware update version 2.6 now available--improved scroll wheel and playback reliability
Dec 22, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #31 of 41
Hey guys, I still haven't updated to 2.6 but I just wanted to find out if it was possible to repeat all sub-folders. Basically, I have my folders set up like so:

Artist Name
>Album 01
>Album 02
>Album 03
etc

I'd love to be able to repeat all the folders WITHIN the "Artist Name" folder instead of moving on to the next Artist when the last album has played.

I tried the repeat options on 2.4 with Play Through Folders turned on, but no dice.

Thanks!

Dec 29, 2015 at 8:05 PM Post #32 of 41
Hey all, longtime X5 gen1 user here, just tried firmware 2.6 and it broke my linux audio subsystem, just like 2.5 did, reverting to 2.4 fixes it and all is well.  Anyone else notice this and anyone have a workaround?  Being able to use my X5 as a DAC/soundcard for my laptop is a real bonus, hate to lose that functionality but also would love to benefit from the improved scrollwheel response...

Jan 14, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #33 of 41
Hi,
  I guess you might not have noticed my post here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/762128/fiio-x5-firmware-2-50-download-and-discussion/285#post_12243401

if you can, try to switch of XHCI in Bios. That is a nasty workaround and I hope Fiio does something about this.

Cheers,
       Olda

Jan 16, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #34 of 41
olda--

hi, thanks for your reply, and you're right, i hadn't seen your other post about the problem with xhci. 

i checked and i do not have the option to disable xhci in my bios.  also, my thinkpad t530 lists as its primary usb controller the intel xhci host controller, so like you i am not really keen to cripple my laptop just so i can use an updated driver on my fiio x5.  

oh well, too bad fiio couldn't sort this out for firmware 2.6, it's not like it was a new problem, the same problem existed with firmware 2.5 and there were enough mentions of the problem on the forums that they could have taken note.  

i guess i'll just stick with firmware 2.4 and keep my usb/dac functionailty.  love my x5, even if the scrollwheel is a little spastic.

--josh

Jan 28, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #35 of 41
Updated my X5 and very happy with the update. 
wink_face.gif

Feb 3, 2016 at 5:51 AM Post #36 of 41
Hi Joe,

I'm a very happy user of of the X5 1st gen, ordered via pre-order even before it came to market. I am also very happy with the support and the many firmware versions FIIO provided and it's a pity (but understandable) that it has to come to an end.

Is there a way you could share the source code of the FW with us so we can maintain is through some kind of open source initiative?

Kind regards,
Maarten

May 19, 2016 at 6:45 AM Post #37 of 41
Dear All,

Recently, we received some feedback about the X5 1st gen, which can not be recognized by the computer, no matter running on the Storage or DAC mode.
Here is a new firmware FW2.7 for the X5 1st with help solve this issue: click here.  To be honest, the OTG function is canceled on FW1.7 compared to FW2.6, in order to fix the problem of X5's not being recognized by the computer.
We know well that most end users prefer to keep the OTG function. Therefore, at first we don't plan to release it to public. But in consideration of that it may be helpful for the certain X5 users in some ways.

Anyway, the FW2.7 for the X5 is alternative 
smile.gif
, and if you don't mind using the X5 without the OTG function, you could try to update it when having the failed connection between the X5 and computer.
If there is any feedback about this firmware, pls share with us. 
beerchug.gif

May 19, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #38 of 41
Hi,
  I tried this firmware hoping it would resolve the problems under linux as I was describing here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/762128/fiio-x5-firmware-2-50-download-and-discussion/285#post_12243401
it did not. Still the last usable firmware for linux and XHCI is 2.4. I would appreciate if FIIO could look into this and find out which change in firmware caused that fiio is not being properly handled by linux audio subsystem since firmware version 2.5. For me, the support for linux is essential and it will definitely affect my decision when I buy a new DAP next time.

Olda

May 27, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #41 of 41
Hello again FIIO Developers! How about fixing the bugs in FW2.6? I've posted them 3 month ago but still don't have any answer from you nor any fix
I hope you would fix them in next firmware. Thank you!

Quote:
  HELLO JOE BLOGGS AND FIIO DEVELOPERS! I have carefully tested new X5 FW2.6 firmware and found some bugs and interface inaccuracy. I’ve been waiting for fixing them more than a year, posted this bugs on fiio forum but they are still there in FW2.6 firmware.

1. When I play folder with cue sheet and file without album information embedded it doesn’t show the album title from cue sheet on display. It shows “Unknown album”. If I play folder with cue sheet and file with album information embedded it shows the album title from file instead of the cue sheet. Cue sheets are made correctly and work on any other players and Foobar on PC correctly. Please make the correct displaying of album information from Cue sheets.

2. When I play folder with cue sheet it shows on display track title with extension .WAVE:

“Track01.WAVE”, “Track02.WAVE”, “Track03.WAVE”… even if the music file is in Flac or Ape format. It always shows extension “.WAVE”. The same is when I browse in folder or scroll by the ring in track list. Please remove this extension and just display track title like for any other files.

3. When I scroll by the ring in track list it always shows file name with extension even if I set it in menu to use Title (File name display > Title).

4. Please change the name of the option in menu “File name display” to “Track name display”. In English it is correct translation.

5. When I Delete the whole folder it asks to press OK and then displays “File deleted”. In English the correct translation is “Folder deleted”

6. When I browse in folder, select track and choose in shortcuts menu to delete, it’s displayed on top “Delete whole folder”. In English the correct translation is “Delete file”. I press OK and it shows “File deletion failed”

7. When I scroll by the ring in track list, the text is shifted a little bit to top. Please move it 4 pixels lower so it is centered on screen. If the list is less than 7 tracks it is also shifted to top, not at the center of the display. Please move down so it is centered on screen.

8. When I browse in folder the file selection is highlighted with orange lines. On bottom of display these orange lines are shifted 2 pixels lower than grey grid lines. The same is when I browse in playlists or by category.

9. When I play large files (size is 2.5 Gb, 176.4 kHz / 24 bit) in format wav it doesn’t play and says “File format not supported”.

10. When I play by folder, and “Play through folder” option is on, I set play mode to “Repeat” but it doesn’t repeat the folder. Instead it changes to next folder. Please correct “Repeat” mode.

11. When I update library it shows total number of songs for example 910 songs. But when I check in System settings > About X5 > it displays “Total no. of songs: 900songs”

12. In Menu > System settings > About X5 > “SD card 1 total capacity: 64 G” In English the correct translation is 64 Gb instead of 64 G. In Menu > System settings > About X5 > “Total no. of songs: 900songs” please add a space after number 900)

Please, write me if you need my help. I will you explain if you don't understand something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back