Fiio X3ii vs Sony NWZ-A15/A17 - A Comparison
Oct 27, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #46 of 116

Fidue A73’s sensitivity and impedance rating is almost as same as the A83. Sony A25 definitely is not a bad device. Chances are you would love it for its many strengths and convenience. Once you receive it and if you do hear the hiss and you are not happy with you could always sell it. If you are in Europe you could easily find buyers for the A25 HongKong version as it does not have the volume cap. If you are in the US, it should still be fairly easy to sell because there are not too many retailers who sell the item as it was never really officially launched in the US. 

Hey dudes how abarasive is toothpaste ike crest or colgate (exclude whitening ones f.e like perlay white, healthy white etc etc) or baking oda mix of 2 parts of powder + one part water

or how about eye glass scratch remover.. got a not-sooo nasty scratch on my ZX100 screen, (plastic like A20) get a screen protector i will try first putting the screen protector on as many say it may hide the scratch before attempting such methods with unknown materials and knowing sony screen is very fragile

Oct 27, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #47 of 116

Fidue A73’s sensitivity and impedance rating is almost as same as the A83. Sony A25 definitely is not a bad device. Chances are you would love it for its many strengths and convenience. Once you receive it and if you do hear the hiss and you are not happy with you could always sell it. If you are in Europe you could easily find buyers for the A25 HongKong version as it does not have the volume cap. If you are in the US, it should still be fairly easy to sell because there are not too many retailers who sell the item as it was never really officially launched in the US. 

Thanks

Hopefully I can find seller in the UK on here if I dont like it.
Rather then go through hassle of eBay.

Oct 29, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #49 of 116
I really wish someone could compare sony nw-zx100 versus fiio x5ii.

It definitely would be an interesting comparison. Based on gerelmx1986's description on ZX100's sound, it seems like, the ZX100 has improved on the very aspects that A15 fell short, when I compared it with X3ii. I have tried X5ii and it is an improvement over the X3ii on all fronts. So comparing the sound quality should be really interesting.

Talking about the hiss and background noise; A member on the ZX100 mentioned that the background of the ZX100 is an improvement over the A15 but still not a totally clean background. I tried the X5ii with my IE80 (which are really sensitive) and I can tell with 99% confidence that the background was pitch black.

Oct 31, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #51 of 116
Would you guys think that fiio x5ii would be a winner (sq wise) against zx100?

I don't think it is possible to say that without actually trying both the devices. Also, it is not a fair comparison as these 2 belong to a different tier. X5ii sells for $350 and the ZX100 sells for $650 in the US. So maybe, a fair comparison would be with the Fiio X7, which is going to retail for $650.

Dec 10, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #53 of 116
  I am looking for a 200 eur device that has a better bass depth and spaciousness than the Sony NWZA-15 A.  I need the bass department twice as good as the Sony NWZA-15 A.

Will this Fiiio do ?

Fiio X3 may not work for you based on what you say you need. X3's sound signature is close to neutral and although it has a tight bass response, it does not go deep. 

If you need need more bass out of your player, get a headphone that has heavy bass characteristics. Because high resolution players are not going to offer you that bass you are asking for. Of the few devices I have tried, NWZ-A15's bass is the best.

Did you try the 'ClearBass' setting in the Equalizer of Sony NWZ-A15?

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #54 of 116
I have a Sony MDR-1A and that plays best on my old XPS L502 laptop. I thought the Sony NWZ 15 player should be as good as the laptop but it turns out it is way worse.  It is also worse than my 130 eur  huawei mediapad m1 device.  Well noticeably worse in the bass area. Thankfully we can use amazon to return whatever

Dec 10, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #55 of 116
  I have a Sony MDR-1A and that plays best on my old XPS L502 laptop. I thought the Sony NWZ 15 player should be as good as the laptop but it turns out it is way worse.  It is also worse than my 130 eur  huawei mediapad m8 device.  Well noticeably worse in the bass area. Thankfully we can use amazon to return whatever

why not try an amp hooked to it?

Dec 11, 2015 at 12:35 AM Post #56 of 116
  I have a Sony MDR-1A and that plays best on my old XPS L502 laptop. I thought the Sony NWZ 15 player should be as good as the laptop but it turns out it is way worse.  It is also worse than my 130 eur  huawei mediapad m8 device.  Well noticeably worse in the bass area. Thankfully we can use amazon to return whatever

In my experience, the quality of bass felt alright for a $200 player. And that is when the Clearbass setting is at 0. Cranking up the clear bass setting compromises its quality, but offers ample quantity, depth and impact.

A15 was, if not miles ahead than my iphone, sansa clip and macbook, was a step better than those devices when using my IE80. I found the X3ii to be better than the A15 in overall characteristics. But some have experienced just the opposite. I do have to say that A15 was slightly more musical than the X3ii.

Another member owns the A15 and uses it with Beyer T51p and says it is amazing. Looks like, the A15 is picky about its headphones. But if it isn't pairing well with a member of it's own family (Sony), that is weird.

Dec 11, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #57 of 116
Hello guys. I have been an avid reader of this forum but posted very little till date. I'm using Cowon c2 with Fiio e07k through line out/ MacBook Air though usb dac mode/ mi3 mobile though usb otg- e07k dac mode with my hd598, ue6000, hd239 on ear and e10,piston-2,mee m6 iem. Now I'm planning to get a x3-2nd gen or any other dap in equivalent price range. Do you guys think it will be significant upgrade in term of pure sound quality compared to my current setup? Or I'm expecting too much from x3-sg? Btw my audio library consists of 320kbps mp3 n flac only, no dsd or similar 24bit anything. Thanks a lot in advance for your insightful replies guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back